PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year at LHC & can I call this BSL?!?!?!!

loralie
December 4th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Hi everybody!

I've been a member since last December and have so enjoyed the past year here... time flies! Though in terms of hair growth as we all know, it feels like it just drags, haha!

Here's a horrid picture of what my hair looked like in September 2009.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rockyousteady/P1010880-1.jpg

Basically, summer 09 I made a big change, lightened my hair and chopped a ton off. It looked horrible with my skintone, was too short, unhealthy and yuck. So, after searching online to find ways to speed up my hair growth, I found this place!

Here's where I was last December:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5016&pictureid=65326

This is this year's progress- top left to bottom right (last two are from today!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rockyousteady/hair/IMG_1269-1.jpg

And here's a bigger version! (I know, my mirror is yuck!)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5016&pictureid=89796

and another!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v83/rockyousteady/hair/IMG_1261.jpg

My hand is tucked right up under my chest where my bra band would be. I decided this was a more accurate way of measuring BSL (ie. my hair has been past my bra strap for about a month now but it does ride up in the back, so I feel like this was a much fairer goal. My hair (longest lengths, which I do measure by) is now touching this level!!!

So now that I celebrate this milestone, I ask you if I can also celebrate another,

Can I now call this BSL? I am 5'11" so this is no easy feat. My back is huuuuuuge!

For anyone curious, I quit dyeing, blowdrying, and straightening in December. I wash every other day, alternating sulfate/sulfate free shampoos, use cone free conditioners and cones on the very ends of my hair. I often deep treat with coconut or olive oil, and SMT once a month or so.

For vitamins I take biotin and MSM intermittently, and just started taking Silicea (silica) in gel form. I do use Monistat probably once or twice a month.

I've really learned a ton from this community, this is the LONGEST my hair has been since I was a child so I needless to say, I am so so pleased. Thank you, to all of you for your love and support and comments the last year as you have really kept me on track and I love my hair more than I have ever loved it in my entire life.

Thank you!!! Here's to another year!

Hotrox
December 4th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Well done you, fantastic progress in 1 year and I am totally sure that you can call it BSL

Congratulations :D

Roscata
December 5th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Definitely BSL, congratulations! :)

Dragon
December 5th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Congrats, its BSL :)

GlennaGirl
December 5th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Well, I would call it gorgeous, anyway! :) And yeah. I would also call it BSL!

little_cherry
December 5th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Hi hi! Loralie :) Nice to see you!

Congrats on the one years worth of growth! Your hair grew very fast! :) It looks great.

Ps...5'11''...WOW :)

miss_purple
December 5th, 2010, 01:50 AM
very nice growth! Happy growing!

AnnaJamila
December 5th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Wow, the condition is so nice and shiny! Congrats on a year of beautitude!

janeytilllie
December 5th, 2010, 02:02 AM
Your hair is so pretty and shiny :)
It looks definitely BSL to me. Congratulations! :D

Happy Anniversary :flower:

Sunny_side_up
December 5th, 2010, 03:38 AM
:cheese:Congrats Loralie BSL! Looks great, fab progress. Here's to another year of super growing:toast:

freckles
December 5th, 2010, 03:44 AM
wow, your hair is looking so much glossier in the later photos! :) Looks like BSL to me :)

spitfire511
December 5th, 2010, 06:27 AM
very nice! Congrats on the anniversary, and I'd definitely call that BSL! :D

triumphator!
December 5th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Aw, it looks wonderful :) I loved how your layers progressed in the pictures. Congrats on a year! :)

Shicurls
December 5th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks great and it's definitely BSL!!! P.S. I'm also 5'11", so you've given me hope! :flower:

growing2shine
December 5th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Congratulations Loralie! It also looks BSL to me! And awesome progress. Your hair looks so much healthier and shinier! :cheer: Happy growing!

maxzeen
December 5th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Your hair is so pretty and in fabulous condition. You are definately bsl and you have had some nice growth.

spidermom
December 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Good growth for one year, and BSL works for me.

lapushka
December 5th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Yep, I'd call that BSL. Congrats!

dropinthebucket
December 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Well done, it looks awesome!

principesse
December 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wow, congratulations. That's a lot of growth and very inspiring. Yes, this is BSL, with a V-shaped hemline. Awesome :D

tinti
December 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is so shiny and beautiful! ANd I'd definetly say it is BSL :)

loralie
December 5th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Thank you all so much! I'm so excited! On my way to waist now! :)

FrannyG
December 5th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Wow, what wonderful progress, Loralie! And yes, you'd better change your profile to say that your current length is BSL!!! :hollie:

Happy anniversary. :blossom:

GuardGirl
December 5th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Solid BSL, absolutely! Great job! :)

beez1717
December 6th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Yup I agree with everyone else that you have shiny and healthy BSL hair. Congrats! I envy your hair!

KittyLost
December 6th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Great progress! You'll make waist soon :)

Olyve
December 6th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Gorgeous change! :flower:
Congrats! I can not wait to be BSL again.

Pixna
December 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Yep, BSL!! :D Congratulations on your excellent progress!!

restourceful
December 6th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Wow! You've had a ton of growth in your year here. Beautiful! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

thatjengirl1
December 6th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Congrats! it looks great! i'm happy for you...:)

aenflex
December 6th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Nice growth charting and lovely hair!!!! Good for you!