PDA

View Full Version : Growing Hair Back

Keeping My Hair
December 4th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hello,
I am a 57 year old male with a good head of hair and it really isn't thin. I have long hair, but unfortunatel I didn't comb it out for about 3 weeks, shame on me, and it got tangled up like you wouldn't believe. Now, I am not going bald and I want to make it clear. It was so tangled that it was like it was braided or beaded. And, it was very difficult to get it untangled and in the process I lost some hair. It just broke off. It is not medical and I am not losing my hair. I want to make it clear. I'd like to have your opinion.
But, will it grow back where the hair was lost, since it came out by my combing it to get it untangled. I beleive it will and I want to keep my hair.
Thank you for your time and any response.
Sincerely,
Todd D.

Purdy Bear
December 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I would have thought unless you tugged the hair out to include its root then it should grow back as normal.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes - when hair is in its growth phase it grows about 2.25 cm (if I remember rightly) per month.

Pierre
December 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
As long as you didn't kill the follicle, it will grow back.

For the next time, or if there are still some tangles, since our hair types are close, you may want to try this: Get in the shower and comb your hair with water running down it. When the comb stops, pull it out, and pull two hanks of hair apart by hand. If the tangle is at the ends of the hairs, cut it, but if not, pull single hairs out of it.

Madora
December 4th, 2010, 12:10 PM
If you know how, it would be best to keep your hair in a braid to avoid having to deal with tangles.

Also, when detangling, with a wide tooth comb, and, for the sake of your hair, try and separate the snarls with your FINGERS. Try not to pull apart the snarl/matt. it only makes it 10 times worse!

If a braid doesn't appeal to you, then ponytail it, then put small ouchless elastics on the ponytail to keep the hairs contained (one on top (the ponytail), one in the middle, and one at the end.