PDA

View Full Version : 1 year at LHC progress! (pics)

xladolcevitax
December 4th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I have been an LHC member for 1 year now and have gone from between APL and BSL to mid back length (although I was growing out since shoulder length)

I have had one trim in 2010 in April (about an inch) I am going for a year with out trimming to gain as much length as possible so I may trim again in April 2011 but only a tiny amount. I might just hold off on trims until I reach hip though.

My ultimate goal is hip length, with no layers and a nice thick hemline. Very excited about gettin there and enjoying the journey :)

Pic 1: December 2009

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae130/xladolcevitax/DSCN1797.jpg

Pic 2: Dec 2010

http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae130/xladolcevitax/DSCN3638-1.jpg

Dragon
December 4th, 2010, 04:22 AM
Congrats :) Great progress.

Loreley
December 4th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Congratulations! :D

Beaglebuddy
December 4th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Congratulations on your length! Your hair is so pretty!

mali
December 4th, 2010, 05:37 AM
xladolcevitax,your hair is very shiny and smooth,but I am noticing that your ends are quite thin in the second picture.Or maybe they're just brushed and departed a little?Anyway,pretty hair!:p

freckles
December 4th, 2010, 05:55 AM
good progress, congratulations :)

ingvild
December 4th, 2010, 06:31 AM
It looks great! Hooray! :D

blushing_brooke
December 4th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Great progress! I think your goal length is fantastic :)

CrisDee
December 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Lovely hair, congratulations on the length :flowers:

Yozhik
December 4th, 2010, 07:01 AM
What great progress! Congratulations. :flower:

Are you planning on hip for your 2011 anniversary? ;)

allmixedup88
December 4th, 2010, 07:11 AM
omgosh your hair looks fantastic!

xladolcevitax
December 4th, 2010, 08:20 AM
xladolcevitax,your hair is very shiny and smooth,but I am noticing that your ends are quite thin in the second picture.Or maybe they're just brushed and departed a little?Anyway,pretty hair!:p

Yes the ends are pretty thin because my hair is layered (only one layer left though - have cut away the rest over the last few years) and is thin anyway so the layers make it even thinner! :(

Once I cut away the ends so that it is all one length it will look much better but I am not going to sacrifice any more length (except tiny trims) until I reach my goal.

If I cut about 4 inches off I would have nice thick ends but there is no way I am going to lose all of this length I have gained as I feel like it has taken me forever to get my hair this long :o

xladolcevitax
December 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
What great progress! Congratulations. :flower:

Are you planning on hip for your 2011 anniversary? ;)

I would LOVE for my hair to be at hip for my 2nd anniversary! I'm not going to get my hopes up though, but I will be definately nearly at hip by then. How exciting! :happydance:

jojo
December 4th, 2010, 03:48 PM
my you grow fast! i am on a no cut 2011 hope I get to hip too! good luck to us!!!

christine1989
December 4th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Terrific progress! It looks like you are almost brushing waist. :)

BellCat
December 4th, 2010, 03:53 PM
wow congrats,you have gorgeous hair!

triumphator!
December 4th, 2010, 04:14 PM
You look sooooo close to waist! Congrats!

Dani
December 4th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Congratulations on your fantastic progress! :D Your hair looks Beautiful. I am in love with the color; it is awesome. I don't think your ends look thin, even if it's layers. It looks great to me all around. :cool: Well done!

mellie89
December 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Oh wow, you've made such great progress! I absolutely love your hair color, and it looks so nice and full. I'm about where you were a year ago, so it's really inspirational to see how much length you gained in a year!

Congratulations and keep up the great work! :D

What's wrong with thin ends? They don't look damaged, she just has one layer that is longer than the rest. Nothing wrong with that! My hair is the same way.

mali
December 4th, 2010, 05:23 PM
What's wrong with thin ends? They don't look damaged, she just has one layer that is longer than the rest. Nothing wrong with that! My hair is the same way.

:rolleyes:One constructive comment and POP! goes the weasel.I never said there's someting wrong with thin ends,but there is.Thin ends=a lot more damage+it doesn't look good.That's why almost all LHC-ers are afraid of thin ends,so I just told xladolcevitax what I noticed about her hair,afterall this is a hair related forum.The ends in the pictures are thin,and xladolcevitax agreed with me.

ooo
December 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
beautiful pictures and great progress!

Dani
December 4th, 2010, 05:32 PM
:rolleyes:One constructive comment and POP! goes the weasel.I never said there's someting wrong with thin ends,but there is.Thin ends=a lot more damage+it doesn't look good.That's why almost all LHC-ers are afraid of thin ends,so I just told xladolcevitax what I noticed about her hair,afterall this is a hair related forum.The ends in the pictures are thin,and xladolcevitax agreed with me.

It's all good. I wouldn't say almost all LHCers are afraid of thin ends. Many people on here love blunt ends, and many love and have fairytale ends, on purpose or naturally. I love both, and can never make up my mind on which is best for my hair. :p Everyone has their own preference on ends, and you love blunt goodness. :cool::D As with every single thing in life, whatever works for you is what you should do. I don't care what anyone does in their life; I'm for whatever makes them happy; it has nothing to do with me or the choices that work me. :bounce:

princessp
December 4th, 2010, 05:39 PM
Wow great progress, congratulations!

tinti
December 4th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Congrats! Your hair is really pretty and you've grown a lot in one year :)

mali
December 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
It's all good. I wouldn't say almost all LHCers are afraid of thin ends. Many people on here love blunt ends, and many love and have fairytale ends, on purpose or naturally. I love both, and can never make up my mind on which is best for my hair. :p Everyone has their own preference on ends, and you love blunt goodness. :cool::D As with every single thing in life, whatever works for you is what you should do. I don't care what anyone does in their life; I'm for whatever makes them happy; it has nothing to do with me or the choices that work me. :bounce:

I didn't say ALL of them.I said most of them.And a blunt hemline can be thin too.