PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyle help

shockinglength
December 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
I need some help, please =) I'm going out to a black tie formal event tomorrow, and I am plannig on having braid waves, and a half up of some sort. I have two small decorative hair forks (the kind you just slide in) that I want in the half up. Any suggestions?

amaiaisabella
December 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM
Can you twist small pieces of hair on each side towards the back of the head, and use each fork to pin? It looks like a half up but doesn't meet in the middle at back.

shockinglength
December 3rd, 2010, 05:46 PM
Hmmm I could. But the forks are really small so they might just slid out. I think they were simply made to add pizzaz to hair styles. Not to hold them?

akuamoonmaui
December 3rd, 2010, 05:50 PM
What about small braids at your temples leading back to the up do? (Not sure if that was described before....) Or continue the braids into the up do?

CindyLea1
December 3rd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Two small side braids, or twists,then ponytail them in the back. Do a mini sock bun, with the ends hanging down or loose. Add your small forks for interest.

Or do a regular half up, topsy-tail it like a mini gibson roll. Use the forks to keep it rolled?

shockinglength
December 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Two small side braids, or twists,then ponytail them in the back. Do a mini sock bun, with the ends hanging down or loose. Add your small forks for interest.

Or do a regular half up, topsy-tail it like a mini gibson roll. Use the forks to keep it rolled?

Thanks! I just did some experimenting, and I will have 4 mini braids that lead into a pony. Which will be turned in a sock bun :D The forks are out because I *still* havn't figured out how to put them in without them falling out. So I'm accerssorizing with large hair pins that have sparkly jelwl flowers. Then the rest of my hair will be braid waved and fall almost to my waist. It looks really nice if I do say so, myself :p

CindyLea1
December 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
WOOOHOOO! Glad I could be of help. Post pictures? I bet it is lovely! I have a company Christmas party on the 18th, I might do something similar.

shockinglength
December 4th, 2010, 11:07 AM
WOOOHOOO! Glad I could be of help. Post pictures? I bet it is lovely! I have a company Christmas party on the 18th, I might do something similar.

:) Nice! I would post pics but I don't have a working camera :rolleyes:

amaiaisabella
December 6th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hmmm I could. But the forks are really small so they might just slid out. I think they were simply made to add pizzaz to hair styles. Not to hold them?

You could pin the twists with bobby pins and then use the forks as decoration :)