PDA

View Full Version : I hit a Milestone! YAY!

HairFaerie
December 3rd, 2010, 09:47 AM
I was in denial but after looking at the pic for December...I made it to shoulder!!! YAY!

I started my goal from pixie in July, 2010, now, five months later....I am at shoulder! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6731&pictureid=89653

spidermom
December 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
It's so nice to reach a milestone, isn't it? I'm happy for you.

freckles
December 3rd, 2010, 09:51 AM
wow, congratulations :) it's looking great!

Olyve
December 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Congrats! Looking awesome! :flower:

Unofficial_Rose
December 3rd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Oh, it's lovely once you no longer have that dreaded gap between where hair ends and shoulders begin.

Your colour and condition look great, too.

HairFaerie
December 3rd, 2010, 10:18 AM
Thanks everyone!

Now, I'm on my way to APL! :)

It's still a bit strange for me to accept that I am at shoulder because of all of the layers. Because of the pixie, I still have "side burns" and bangs! But, the longest parts in the back definitely touch my shoulder.

At this length, my waves still create those silly "flippy" things on the ends that drive me crazy!

It's strange that the last 5 months has seemed like such a long, tedious process, yet at the same time, it went by fast! If I didn't own a mirror or a digital camera and someone told me my hair was at shoulder, I would not believe them...it still feels rather short to me right now. I have a very skewed perception of my own hair though. I don't think it will feel long until about waist.

1hunky5monkeys
December 3rd, 2010, 10:23 AM
Congrats!! Good luck on your way to APL! :)

TinaDenali
December 3rd, 2010, 10:24 AM
Your hair grows so fast! It looks absolutely fantastic, too! :)

BrightEyes
December 3rd, 2010, 10:26 AM
Congrats! Your hair is so pretty! I love the soft waves.

lillylonghair
December 3rd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Congrats!

I know what you mean about it ''feeling'' long. Until I really started growing, I would think my hair felt long if it was a grown out bob (lol recovering short hair addict here).

Keep growing and I love the colour!

Monsterkitti
December 3rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
Oh congrats! Looks in such nice condition too :)

mireillemt
December 3rd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Congratulations! I hope to be joining you in a few months! I understand how anything that you can't put up in buns, ponytails, etc still feels short! But, it's looking great!

sunshine80
December 3rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
thats awesome! your hair looks very healthy too!

HairFaerie
December 3rd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! This is very exciting! I am happy to be somewhere to be able to share "hair talk". Most people in the real world just don't give a darn or they think it's silly, etc. to be focused on one's hair. I am glad LHC exists! That's again everyone!
(I feel like I just accepted and Oscar or something....hahaha!)

mrs_coffee
December 4th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Wow, good for you! Your hair looks so shiny and healthy. I started growing out my pixie around the same time, but I keep cutting the back to try to even it up with the sides so I've only hit jawbone length recently. You are WAY more patient than I am! :)

jojo
December 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM
excellent progress, its all downhill from here......well it is isnt it?

Your hair looks beautiful btw

mali
December 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Wow at your hair.And from pixie to shoulder in 5 months??WOW>

triumphator!
December 4th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Congrats! And I love your color, it's so chocolatey :)

Dani
December 4th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Awesome! You are absolutely at shoulder length and it looks beautiful. Keep on going... it's all uphill from here, that's for sure. Or downhill? Can be taken either way, ha. Anything above SL is a pain, but once we can get our hair up and in styles, etc., it's so easy. And we are length twins. :D Have fun!

HairFaerie
December 4th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks again, everyone!

When I look at the "milestone marker" I made, it seems like a long stretch from shoulder to APL and then another long stretch from APL to BSL! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing and I won't be as frustrated.

The good news is...if I decide to go to waist, from BSL to waist doesn't look like much at all! I have an odd shaped torso, it appears! :)

tinti
December 4th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is really pretty and grows fast :)

Mexibeach
December 8th, 2010, 10:57 AM
CONGRATS!!! I've finally hit shoulder length as well. I think that's the hardest milestone to hit since we want the length so badly. The way I'm seeing it, it should be easier to hit the other milestones since we're starting to feel "long" again... hopefully I am right!!

allmixedup88
December 8th, 2010, 11:05 AM
chow chow chow you have a cute figure too