PDA

View Full Version : How to learn the art of patience?

Bombshell
December 2nd, 2010, 11:20 PM
I'm new to LHC and have just started actively paying attention to my hair growth. My hair isn't super short (it's APL), but I'm growing so impatient and like it will NEVER get long... which is absolutely ridiculous, it will (and my hair grows fairly quickly) but it doesn't feel like it and it's easy to get discouraged (especially when tracking growth is brand new).

What are your tips for remaining patient? :]

tanya222
December 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Don't measure obsessively.... I was like that... I started putting it up and forgetting about it.. that's great that your hair grows fairly quickly! "Benign neglect" is something some here talk about... put it up, take good care of it i.e. don't blowfry, no wet combing etc. don't measure it nonstop... next thing ya know, it'll be long! If you don't already have some buy yourself some pretty hairtoys, hairsticks, etc to encourage you to put it up nice & safe so it doesn't snarl & break. Soon you'll be a hairtoy addict like many here!

Hotrox
December 2nd, 2010, 11:47 PM
I now try and think back, not forwards!!

that sounds crazy, let me explain.......

Rather then think in 3 months time I hope my hair is X length, instead I think, 3 months ago my hair was x long. I find that more motivating - because it will have grown some :)

DARKMARTIAN
December 2nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
Look at it like this.....if you wanna LOSE something....say weight. Then you may actually have to implement all sorts of new measures into your life such as change of lifestyle, diet, etc. However if you want your hair to grow, to GAIN something....for all intents and purposes....all ya gotta do is wait! There arent too many things in life that one can aquire simply from waiting and with basically no other action on their part. The biggies obviously being old age and finally death

JulietCapulet
December 2nd, 2010, 11:56 PM
Focus on other things...like what I have to get done.

mrs_coffee
December 3rd, 2010, 05:25 AM
It's funny, I never cared about hair growth other than being annoyed that mine grew so quickly. I have always had short hair and it used to bug me that I had to show up at the salon every 4 weeks to keep it in check. Now that I am letting it grow, it can't grow fast enough!

I try to avoid looking at it too much. If I let myself obsess about it, it seems like it will never get long.

rapunzhell13
December 3rd, 2010, 05:35 AM
Measuring was a big no-no for me. It made growth feel soooooo slow! I just try to appreciate the pros of every stage. Like right now for instance, it's far easier to wash and dries much quicker. Hope that helps. :flower:

proo
December 3rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
Yep, get involved with other interesting, fun stuff to distract - then lovingly comb and s&d at night, and indulge in as much juicy meditation as you like.