PDA

View Full Version : Yay! My hair is getting longer. Weeee!

boomygrrl
December 2nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
I have 3a/3b hair. My hair is now a little below bra strap level. And if I were to stretch it or straighten it, it would be 2-3 (maybe 4) inches longer. Woot woot!

I notice my 3b's are pulling out more...it's more 3a now...I don't like that I'm losing curl. I have to make a decision eventually whether to go for length or curl (I'm afraid curl will win over)...but for now it's still curly enough...and I love it!

Woot woot!

Armelle
December 2nd, 2010, 10:10 AM
Yay! Congratulations!:cheer:

YesitsReal
December 2nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Congrats!! :D

Do you plop? That gives me nice curl, and I'm only 2a.

GRU
December 2nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Moisture, moisture, moisture.

Curls *crave* moisture.

Do you leave conditioner in your hair? (not special "leave in" types, but actual conditioner)

Dragon
December 3rd, 2010, 04:10 AM
Congrats :)

Dreams_in_Pink
December 3rd, 2010, 04:27 AM
If you want to keep both the length AND the curl, get some long layers that are about BSL.

Congratulations! :D

Loreley
December 3rd, 2010, 05:59 AM
Congratulations! :)

Avital88
December 3rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
woot woot...haha congratulations!!

boomygrrl
December 4th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I do use conditioner in the shower and leave-in outside of the shower.

My next hair appointment isn't until the middle of February. I plan to experiment before I make any decisions. I will at the least get a trim then, but we'll see how my hair is like at that point.

I washed my hair today, used rinse out, and two leave-ins...the creamy kind first...then when it was time to scrunch the crunch, I decided to spray a leave-in as well. The curls are back, but my hair just seems frizzier, especially the back part of my hair. It's always been frizzy, so I think the length is just making it more obvious.

I'm going to work on it and if I can make it look less dry and less frizzy, I might just trim it in February...if it continues to look frizzed out, I might cut it more (still long, but not as long).

By the way, my hair doesn't feel dried out, but it just has that look. Maybe I'll spray more leave-in in a little while.

GRU
December 4th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Have you tried CO-washing? ACV rinses? Leaving in real conditioner, instead of special "leave in" types?

My daily routine consists of this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1308189&postcount=14).