PDA

View Full Version : Tight scalp!?! :(

Maddy_T
December 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
Ahh I've been doing too much the the poor scalp! it's kind of tight and a bit dry! :( Does anyone know how to help this?

RachieBaby
December 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM
Hmmm im not sure I can help but if i've put my pony tail in too tight (or other hair style) I always find a scalp massage really helps :) maybe you could try doing one with some oil?

Or you could try a nice moisturizing treatment like an smt?

Sorry if this is no help :o

Maddy_T
December 1st, 2010, 03:39 PM
Hmmm im not sure I can help but if i've put my pony tail in too tight (or other hair style) I always find a scalp massage really helps :) maybe you could try doing one with some oil?

Or you could try a nice moisturizing treatment like an smt?

Sorry if this is no help :o
Nooo!!:) it's definitely a help! I'm going to do an oil treatment now and hopefully it'll make it a little better.

spidermom
December 1st, 2010, 03:42 PM
I'd just wait until my scalp started getting oily from sebum, not add oil.

I find that bending forward and dragging the blunt teeth of my hardwood comb over my scalp is relaxing.

Anje
December 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'll add a vote for SMT, or any soak in something like conditioner. Conditioner's not that different from lotion, after all, and it seems to do nice things for dry scalps as well as dry hair. But it depends on the person -- some scalps love conditioner, some hate it.

CaityBear
December 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM
I would definitely try something to help moisturize. I know when i would get really dry scalps and it would feel really tight. :(

But I'd go with whatever else has been said. Oiling treatments or SMT and scalp massages. :)

christine1989
December 1st, 2010, 04:18 PM
Maybe a hot oil treatment with coconut or olive oil? You could also try washing with cooler water as hot tends to dry skin out. Personally I like aloe- it conditions hair while adding moisture to your scalp.