PDA

View Full Version : My 1 inch challenge!

sunshine80
December 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM
Ok from November 1-30 I grew 1/2 inch of hair...I dyed a color streak in my hair so this way every month I can try something new to see if I can have a different result...

November:
I took a multi vitamin and 5000 miligrams of biotin
Morning shake consisting of:
Flax (ground right before put in shake for max benefits)
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Spinach
2x protein greek yogurt
Oj

Dinner:
Chicken
Tomato and onion with olive oil
Beans (black beans pureed this way it doesnt hurt my stomach)
Broccoli

For the last week of the month though I used nioxin shampoo and conditioner and Ive been doing oil treatments...

So for December to get to my one inch I will add to my existing plan...
Monistat once a week
Eating eggs 3x a week
adding silica to my shake everyday
exercising 4 days out of the week!

Here I go wish me luck!

aenflex
December 1st, 2010, 01:41 PM
Cool! Thanks for sharing and good luck :) I may copy what ends up working best for you.

Blueneko
December 1st, 2010, 01:46 PM
Good luck!

Dragon
December 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Good luck.

jojo
December 1st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Good luck keep us all updated

PartyPickle
December 1st, 2010, 02:24 PM
Oooh experiments. I like. :)

enfys
December 1st, 2010, 03:00 PM
So you're eating the same meals everyday? Good grief.

It could make a very interesting experiment though, so good luck.

dropinthebucket
December 1st, 2010, 04:46 PM
what a cool idea! you'll know exactly! :)

MClass
December 1st, 2010, 05:21 PM
Where do you get your silica?
I have only found it in pill form...

christine1989
December 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM
Thats a great way to measure your growth! I tried silica and it worked wonders for my growth for a short period of time. I just bought a new bottle so I can give it another try.

Keep us posted! :)

sunshine80
December 1st, 2010, 09:25 PM
I got solgar oceanic silica from the "vitamin shoppe" I cant swallow them (to big freaks me out so I opened it and put it in my shake today...

enfys yep I actually been eating the same thing since march lol...I have crazy heart palpations and that is when my sis fried my hair...so I went online and looked up everything that is good for your heart and hair that is what I came up with...

My roomate actually lost 50 pounds so far and my mother lost 30! I know its crazy to eat the same thing everyday but somedays i make bbq chicken then sometimes lemon garlic so I switch it up lol!

By the way everyone please look up what flax seed can do for you! Its great for your hair heart everything!

Lianna
December 1st, 2010, 11:34 PM
My meals don't vary much either. I don't do so great with meat though. You seem to have a good plan going on, keep us updated! I'll try to eat more eggs. :)

I so wish I had 1 inch growth a month! *dreams* I just started with MN (miconazole nitrate) so I hope to get more growth now.

linnepinne
December 2nd, 2010, 02:20 AM
Just a little warning. Flax seeds contains a toxin! So it's not healthy to eat too much of them! Not sure exactly how much is safe to eat, and it seems like doctors ans scientists aren't quite sure either.
Somehow, the mesurement of a tablespoon a day is too much, comes to my mind. But I just read online that you would have to eat a diet consisting MAINLY of flaxseed to be at risk. Don't know if i would take the risk of eating it every day...

Avital88
December 2nd, 2010, 03:22 AM
Flaxseed is ok for women to have a small spoon a day but men is a different story.
Cant remember exactley why ,something to do with testical cancer.
But i now all of a sudden remember that i was using flax seed for 3 months in summer and it really benefits my hair and skin.
I usually mix it with yoghurt and my hair grew a lot,so might buy another bottle.
Also am i using liquid silica, i saw a huge difference in growth the first 6-8 weeks i was using it but i kinda feel like my hair is growing so slow at the moment.
Maybe its the weather? Hope its just a stage and i will grow faster soon.
Good luck on your diet!
Avocado may also work by the way!

xx

sunshine80
December 2nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
Ohhhh avocados! I love them:) Great idea...but you are right you can have "too much" flax...I have 2-3 tablespoons a day since march...My new growth is so shiny! And my heart palpatations have decreased a lot...Here is a link about flax...

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=81

lw8666
December 2nd, 2010, 01:59 PM
This is cool! Good luck!

PraiseCheeses
December 2nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
*takes notes*

Good luck! Looks like you'll have a lot of people checking back in to see how things go for you!

allmixedup88
December 2nd, 2010, 08:14 PM
good luck!

oceanwoman111
December 2nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to incorporate some of your diet ideas into my routine as well. Keep us updated on your progress. :flower: