PDA

View Full Version : Newbie- scalp question

jaymie
December 1st, 2010, 12:20 PM
Hey! My name is Jaymie and I just registered. My goal in life is to have long silky hair, but I am having a few problems. The problems I have are probably mentioned quite a few times around here so I apologize if this sounds repetitive.

Last summer, 2009, out of the blue, I noticed that when I would run my fingers through my hair, on my scalp, I would find little knits [however I do not have lice] probably composed my dead/dry skin and oil. I thought it was a one time thing, and then it persisted. I had a habit, as I do now, of picking at them constantly [usually the second day after I shampoo because my hair becomes oily]. Realizing that the problem did not go away so fast, I researched online about what could be the cause of it, and to make the story short, one day I woke up and said I had enough of this obsessing over what is going wrong with my scalp. I went to my doctor and a derm, they both thought nothing was wrong. So I tried Nizoral--did not work mainly because I don't think I gave it a good chance. Tried organic shampoos--horrible, hated them all. I recently went to a walk-in-clinic one morning and he said I had a mild form of seborrhoeic dermatitis. I got a cortisone lotion...used it for around three weeks...seemed to be working but when I stopped it continued. I went to another walk-in, the doctor suggested Stieprox, it worked but I think because I am so in the habit of picking the little knits, I am causing it become worse and I am not allowing myself to give it a chance to go away. I am using ACV as a rinse and it makes my scalp smooth but I always start picking at my scalp even though it feels good to me. Head and Shoulders made my scalp burn and itch. Basically, I have tried EVERYTHING. My worst fear now is that my hair is falling out or at least looking thinner which is probably due to stress and I hope it's only temporary. I have naturally fine, light brown/blonde hair so I know it's something genetic. I have a lot of trouble growing it long too because split ends appear the next day after I get a haircut...literally.

I can tell you that I have gone through many changes in the past year or so that could contribute to my scalp problems. I lost a lot of weight, changed my diet, went through tremendous amounts of stress, etc. I know these are factors that can trigger it, but I just wanted to know what anyone's opinion is to do about this and if anyone has been in the same situation I am in. I know it's due to some anxiety disorder but just curious if anyone is struggling too. Thanks!!

BeautifulBella
December 1st, 2010, 12:31 PM
I recommend:
Monistat 3
Apple Cider Vinegar
Neutrogena clarifying shampoo

Your scalp will be very clean & healthy after using these.

Roscata
December 1st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Treating seborrheic dermatitis with raw honey and virgin coconut oil. (http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?20789-Seb-derm-Treating-seborrheic-dermatitis-with-raw-honey-and-virgin-coconut-oil.)
That link may help you with your problem. Good luck!