PDA

View Full Version : compliments from hair stylist :)

Schnee
June 3rd, 2008, 01:24 AM
I feel I have to share this one, it's so sweet. :)

Yesterday I had an appointment with a hair stylist friend to trim my hair. Unfortunattely, she couldn't make the appoinment and was uanble to reach me, so when I came to the salon only her elderly, male college was there. I had bunned my hair for easiness, but it didn't sit well so I had to redo my hair before leaving again and took it down to do a braid. Oh my, did the he fall all over it.. I've never recieved so many compliments at once ever. The length, the quality, the colour... He actually called my hair a beautiful jewel... He was very relieved to hear I was only there to get a trim and told me that I should never, never cut. ;)

Yep, made my day. Maybe I should go by the salon today too... :cool:

Riot Crrl
June 3rd, 2008, 01:34 AM
Whee! Just go there every day but don't get anything done ;)

He's right, though!

DecafJane
June 3rd, 2008, 02:17 AM
I agree - it is nice to see somebody who knows hair recognise your achievement. :)

Schnee
June 3rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
yes, somehow hair stylist compliments are the best. :D

I am going back today, though... Didn't get my trim yesterday and I want it done before I go on vacation. :)

Saranne772
June 3rd, 2008, 02:29 AM
Aww Thats lovely :D

morgwn
June 3rd, 2008, 02:48 AM
That's a lovely (set of) compliment(s). And I agree with his advice: don't ever get it cut! Your hair truly is gorgeous and I know that it must have been lovely to hear that yesterday. :)

Guenever
June 3rd, 2008, 03:12 AM
Aw, sweet! :D And you do have gorgeous hair! :flowers:
It sounds like you should never be worried as a longhair if you made an appointment with him.. no exaggerated trims :wink:

30isthenewblack
June 3rd, 2008, 03:24 AM
That is the sweetest compliment from a gentleman who appreciates beautiful hair. If I worked at a salon and saw your hair, I would be gobsmacked as well. It is a real achievement.

sahiba
June 3rd, 2008, 03:27 AM
yes, somehow hair stylist compliments are the best. :D

I am going back today, though... Didn't get my trim yesterday and I want it done before I go on vacation. :)

Do get it done today.BTW, why did'nt you get a trim yesterday?:eyebrows:

Liv
June 3rd, 2008, 05:33 AM
What a sweet story, a true make-my-day incident. :)

And he was right too, you do have beautiful hair.

FrannyG
June 3rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
A beautiful jewel indeed, but far more precious. :flowers:

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 06:01 AM
And well deserved I might say!!!! Gorgeous gorgeous hair!!! Glad you have someone you can trust like that, it's rare! :cheese:

SHELIAANN1969
June 3rd, 2008, 06:35 AM
I like that, how romantic. A jewel.....the man sure has a way with words!

Marysmirth
June 3rd, 2008, 09:01 AM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful. Hope I get lucky enough to find a trusted person to trim my hair.

Schnee
June 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
Do get it done today.BTW, why did'nt you get a trim yesterday?:eyebrows:

I seriously considered letting him trim, but my friend is independent so I felt she should to the trim. Besides, trimming my hair demands a bit bodily flexibility, crawling on the floor. ;)

I like that, how romantic. A jewel.....the man sure has a way with words!

Yes, I agree. The good old gentlmen really knows how to word their compliments. :)

Oh, and I got my trim today and the end feel soooo soft. Long needed cut, really.

MakeItADouble
June 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Aww, congrats! I'm glad to hear someone say that, especially someone who specializes in cutting hair. That's a huge compliment.

Iylivarae
June 3rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
So sweet, and so true!

(By the way: could you please tell me the address of that salon (PM, or so)? I'd like to have a trim but I am really afraid someone cuts it too short... if you know that person, I am sure I am in good hands!)

sahiba
June 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
[QUOTE=Schnee;132379]I seriously considered letting him trim, but my friend is independent so I felt she should to the trim. Besides, trimming my hair demands a bit bodily flexibility, crawling on the floor. ;)

:agree:

Stagecoach
June 4th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Whoo... that was so nice of him! I can believe it made your day!

There's a particular guy around here who I've known since I was 5 and whenever I go into his shop with my hair down he gushes all over it-- in a very nice and respectful manner! So when Ineed a hair fix I can always drop by and grab a bag of apples. hehehe

Sana
June 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM
LOL! I am sure you must be getting a lot of compliments! Your hair is beautiful:)