View Full Version : A little help

December 1st, 2010, 05:41 AM

I hope the question is not too stupid. Does this part of hair have any kind of name? What is it called?


December 1st, 2010, 07:20 AM
It looks like temple hair....

December 1st, 2010, 07:47 AM
If you're referring to the fact that the hair grows more forward there (towards the eyebrows), I think that growth pattern is usually associated with having a widow's peak (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widow's_peak) hairline, although the term itself refers to the center of the hairline rather than the edges.

I would just call it "temple" as well.

December 1st, 2010, 08:17 AM
upper sideburn hair? :shrug:

December 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Im not sure........ but it always gives me problems.....:o

December 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM
Im not sure........ but it always gives me problems.....:o

I'm glad I'm not the only one cursing that little bit. I get the most breakage there and the ends curl up to make it look like I have horns. The scary part was it used to do it most often when I was irritated or stressed. I've been working on preventing such an open sign of my mood LOL

December 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
I'd call it the hair at the temples, or maybe at the "corners of the forehead" <-- not a technical term! Tends to grow kinda thin and weird there on most folks, and guys tend to lose it somewhere after puberty. I get little "horns" there, and lately they've decided to be curly. My shadow on windy days is positively demonic-looking.