PDA

View Full Version : update with pics

jezebel17
November 30th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I have been active on this forum. But I finally straightened my hair for the 1st time since feb 2010 and got a chance to really see my progress. I didn't keep record of my growth, but I think my hair grew a decent amount since Jan 2010.

The bad news is that I had to cut off 2 inches because my ends were really thin and uneven thanks to my many s&d sessions and self done mini trims. i will never trim my hair while curly again lol.

I have been cone-free for a long time now, but still battling the endless dryness and fairy-knots. Thinking about switching back to cones. Any ideas?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/datruecstasy/mm014-1.jpg http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i131/datruecstasy/mm017-1.jpg

Roscata
November 30th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Great hair. Love how shinny it is!

I remembered something about knots:

"I have steeped catnip for different hours. I now prefer 4.75 hours as my steeping time, for both colouring and conditioning. Catnip releases more of something that coats the hair differently to what is released in an infusion steeped at under 5 hours, for me, aside from what is absorbed into the hair, during a plastic wrapped, hour long treatment. Over 5 hours gave me too much moisture and caused knotting. I no longer get any knotting, not even one "fairy knot"."

Catnip for Split Ends and Natural Light Blonde Hair Color (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118) is the article where I found that. Considering that your hair is dark I don't believe that it will color your hair at all. Hope it helps! :)

tigr
November 30th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Your hair is very pretty!

CurlyTresses
November 30th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Welcome back and Congratulations on your great progress (tailbone). Very pretty hair. :)

Dragon
November 30th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Congratulations on your progress :)

Maddy_T
November 30th, 2010, 11:33 PM
wowoooo looks very healthy and nice!:)

Aer
December 1st, 2010, 12:57 AM
Wow, very pretty!

Avital88
December 1st, 2010, 01:32 AM
what a great shine and color!!

Yozhik
December 1st, 2010, 01:57 AM
What beautiful body and shine!

On the topic of cones -- did they make your hair more manageable? Maybe your hair likes them . . . How was it when you used them last?

milagro
December 1st, 2010, 02:07 AM
Wow, you have gorgeous hair! I love this color :flower:

Dreamkitty
December 1st, 2010, 05:15 AM
Wow your hair is so sparkly and so pretty!:cheer:welcome back.

vanity_acefake
December 1st, 2010, 05:51 AM
Ooh your hair is gorgeous. :)

jojo
December 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM
beautiful hair you have, what is your goal length?

GibsonGirlV
December 1st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! As for cones, they work wonderfully for some people, and not so well for others. I don't believe cones are "good" or "bad". My hair hates them, so when i use products with cones, my hair starts feeling parched, straw-like, brittle, and dull fairly quickly. For other people, it's the complete opposite.

CurlyTresses
December 1st, 2010, 11:32 AM
Oops sorry - Double post :)

redwoman
December 1st, 2010, 12:08 PM
I like your wave pattern and your hair looks like silk.

jezebel17
December 6th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all of the nice comments :) I am currently trying to reach my goal of tailbone while curly since I usually wear my hair curly.

Honestly, I don't think my hair is much different with or without cones. Plus I have been cone free for more than a year now so I really can't remember to well how my hair acted with cones. But i do know i never had as many fairy knots as I have now, so maybe cones kept those away. Maybe I will try something coney only on my ends and see how that goes.

rena
December 6th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Awesome-ness alert! Congrats on the growth and health of your beautiful hair :D

principesse
December 6th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Sorry, no advice on the cones, since I'm new to all that myself. I just wanted to compliment your hair, it looks perfect!

*Seraphina*
December 7th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Your hair looks very beautiful :)

spidermom
December 7th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Echoing everybody else; you have WOW hair.

Annalouise
December 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
It's funny your hair doesn't look dry.;) It looks shiny and moisturized. What are you using on your hair? I have the same problem of dryness and knots and I am also cone free.

karenpetal
December 7th, 2010, 08:27 AM
your hair looks gorgeous both the curls and the straightened version !!