PDA

View Full Version : i know this is dumb but...

TealDolphin
November 30th, 2010, 08:26 PM
My curls/waves were fine, but I got a haircut (dead ends off and such); and now (some of it is still there), the curls/waves aren't that strong anymore. Is it because I got the length cut, or is it something else? The hairstylist used some conditioner/shampoo/other spray hair stuff on my hair; I washed with sulfate shampoo to get out any cones that may have been in what she used; is there anything else I could try?

EDIT: Oh, and even after washing it with the sulfate shampoo and such, my hair is really soft.

jezebel17
November 30th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I find my hair gets curlier when it is shorter. Might be the same for you :)

TealDolphin
December 1st, 2010, 02:46 AM
My curls/waves were fine, but I got a haircut (dead ends off and such); and now (some of it is still there), the curls/waves aren't that strong anymore. Is it because I got the length cut, or is it something else? The hairstylist used some conditioner/shampoo/other spray hair stuff on my hair; I washed with sulfate shampoo to get out any cones that may have been in what she used; is there anything else I could try?

EDIT: Oh, and even after washing it with the sulfate shampoo and such, my hair is really soft.
new info so bump

EDIT: They don't seem to be curlier.

milagro
December 1st, 2010, 03:08 AM
Check if you hair is all one length now. Mine is curly when layered and wavy otherwise.

TealDolphin
December 1st, 2010, 03:21 AM
I had layers before, and got them trimmed today, so I don't think that's it.

Hotrox
December 1st, 2010, 03:49 AM
I often find my hair straightens out a little after a haircut, and within a week or 2 it bounces back, literally:p

TealDolphin
December 1st, 2010, 06:13 AM
Do you think a protein treatment will shock it back into waves/curls? The stylist said my hair was dry; that couldn't have something to do with it, could it?

GRU
December 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Do you think a protein treatment will shock it back into waves/curls? The stylist said my hair was dry; that couldn't have something to do with it, could it?

SMTs always make my hair curlier. Protein wouldn't moisturize....

spidermom
December 1st, 2010, 09:11 AM
My curls are loose spirals, and they need length to form. Maybe yours do also.

TealDolphin
December 2nd, 2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks! :)

TealDolphin
December 2nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
I don't think they need length to form; it's possible, but my mom has the same kind of hair I do (at least I think) and her's is shorter than mine (about ear length) and she gets good waves/curls.

Thinthondiel
December 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM

My hair is wavier when it's dry. When my hair is moisturised, my hair is softer, but the waves are also a lot looser and my hair won't hold a curl as easily. I wish I could have both moisturised hair and nice waves at the same time.

Anyway, since your stylist noticed that your hair was dry, maybe she put something moisturising in it?

TealDolphin
December 2nd, 2010, 04:45 PM
I've washed my hair, and it's still not as curly; wouldn't whatever she'd used on my hair have washed out by now?

lapushka
December 2nd, 2010, 06:00 PM
Doesn't wavy hair (2) get less wavy when cut shorter? I think it's curly hair (3) that gets more texture to it the shorter it is.

Thinthondiel
December 3rd, 2010, 03:30 AM
I've washed my hair, and it's still not as curly; wouldn't whatever she'd used on my hair have washed out by now?

I'm not really knowledgeable about this stuff, but I suppose that if she used something that penetrated the hair shaft, then it might not wash out that fast?Maybe someone else knows more about this. I do know, though, that when I do a deep oiling (EVOO), my hair is soft for several washes after that. Maybe it's a similar effect.

Doesn't wavy hair (2) get less wavy when cut shorter? I think it's curly hair (3) that gets more texture to it the shorter it is.

My hair gets a lot wavier when it's cut shorter, especially with layers. When it's long and all one length, the waves get stretched out.