PDA

View Full Version : Fine 1c troubles - help, please!

dropinthebucket
November 30th, 2010, 09:25 PM
My 1c hair is super super-fine (like, finer than cat hair fine) - it's not the thin, sleek, slippery fine either - it's the fine, floating, cobwebby, grabs onto itself and clings fine. Most of the time, it's kinda wavy - you can see from my avatar. Which I really like. But now that it's past APL, it seems to be getting pretty straight. 1c-ers, does length pull out your waves? Do I have to sacrifice length to keep my wavy?

The other problem is the bangs. They're the waviest hair I have, and do weird things at different angles. (Funny, I think it looks really cute on my son, who has the same hair, but on me ... not so much! :) ) Anyway, the problem is, the bangs are shorter, so they still wave like nuts, but the length has gone straight. I think the difference in texture looks dumb - not sure if it's just me, but it honestly looks like two different people's hair! Do any 1c-ers have bangs? How do you control them? I'd be ok with them waving if the rest would do it, too! Right now I'm straightening the bangs, but this barely calms them down.

Thanks for any and all advice!! :)

Florida Mom
November 30th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Well, as my hair has gotten to TB my waves are practically gone. I guess it is just too heavy. As for the bangs.... mine are stick straight, sorry I can't help!

jojo
December 1st, 2010, 03:58 PM
I have wavy hair and my hairline which never grows any longer than collar bone is extremely curly, it also before I started using henna frizzed like mad, but I know what you mean. I dont have a fringe but if you like your fringe, theres no harm in straightening it, if it makes it look better, like you would be cutting the damage caused by the straightening out every say 6 weeks anyway!
heres my curly baby hairs, I have these on my neck and they irritate me, why cant they grow like normal well behaved hair??? http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/curlier.jpg

rags
December 1st, 2010, 04:47 PM
I have your exact same hair! And it's only wavy from right above shoulders to around BSL - shorter or longer it's about 1b. When it was tailbone, it was probably 1a/1b. I have the cobweb thing going too.

As far as bangs, mine tormented me when my hair was longer. I finally started growing them out (till I got crazy and chopped all my hair off a month ago :rolleyes: ). I have a cowlick too, and they just waved everywhere. I had to straighten them, or dry them straight (mine are side-swept) with bobby pins in them. This time around, I'm growing them OUT!!

dropinthebucket
December 2nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks FloridaMom and Rags! I've never had hair past SL before and I don't much know what to do with it.

Jojo, that is absolutely adorable! :D so maybe if I can get through the wonky stage and grow the bangs down to chin or so, they'll just spiral up nicely like that. Now, to hide the scissors .............

x0h_bother
December 2nd, 2010, 08:23 AM
Here :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=36484