PDA

View Full Version : Baby growth? Or breakage? (pic)

LisaMonster
November 30th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I've never noticed this before at all, but when I just hopped out of the shower, I looked in the mirror and noticed this cute little tufty mohawk of tiny hairs right at my part.

Weird?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj296/MonaLisaMonster/Photoon2010-11-30at1723.jpg?t=1291159852

CrisDee
November 30th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I've noticed some tiny hairs on myself as well, I thought it might be from using MN and MT - but you seem to have a lot more of the tiny hairs than I do. Do you have a headband, hat or some other something that might be catching your hair right there?

LotusFIre
November 30th, 2010, 04:43 PM
I think it's grown out baby hairs, if its not all spit and weird looking thats probably all it is. I get a lot of funny looking baby hairs too!

i meant split:rolleyes:

LisaMonster
November 30th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I've noticed some tiny hairs on myself as well, I thought it might be from using MN and MT - but you seem to have a lot more of the tiny hairs than I do. Do you have a headband, hat or some other something that might be catching your hair right there?

I have a knit calorimetry that I wear outside, but other than that, I keep it bunned or braided... :\

CrisDee
November 30th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Then maybe it IS new growth - yay you!! :cheese:

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Unless you heat style regularly I would guess it is new growth. I had quite a bit of that and it grew out nicely in a few months. If the ends of the little hairs look taipered then chances are they are new hairs. :)

ElliesJellies
November 30th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I experienced the same thing before... in fact I remember one year (sophomore year in high school) I had TONS of tiny little hairs sticking up at the part. I let them grown and haven't had the same problem since. I think some of it was breakage but most of it was just new regrowth. I wouldn't worry about it unless you start seeing a lot more of it emerging and sticking up.

little_cherry
November 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
If the ends taper to a point, you have baby hairs.

ArienEllariel
November 30th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I have that too. It's new growth. I also have hairs around my hairline that are about cheekbone length. Also new growth.