PDA

View Full Version : a funny thing happened...

redneckprincess
November 30th, 2010, 02:14 PM
...to me today. I was wearing my hair down today and while I was sttting (well kind of slouching) on a dinning room chair this afternoon, and my puppy (6 month old doberman) came up behind me and grabber a chunk of my hair with his mouth and YANKED IT.

I don't know if I would call that a "milestone" of length, but its obviously something I NEVER thought about but will be more aware of from now on.

spidermom
November 30th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Sounds kind of startling.

RedStripe
November 30th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Wow, I've heard of cats going for people's braids and such, but I've never heard of a dog doing something like that. Those silly puppies!

LoveMyLongHair
November 30th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Wow, I've heard of cats going for people's braids and such, but I've never heard of a dog doing something like that. Those silly puppies!

If I have a scrunchie in my hair, my toddler pup (huge Great Dane/Lab X) will pull the thing out of my hair and hold it most proudly............he does NOT like them in my hair, apparently. I put it in, he takes it back out.......this is us >>>>> :slap:
lol! He wins, I no longer wear them in his presence.

Celtic_Willow
November 30th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I posted an IDENTICAL thread as this one a few months ago when my parents brought home our doberman puppy Zach, who did the same exact thing to me :laugh:! What a coincidence, must be a dobe puppy thing! I grew up around dobes but we rescued most of them so Zach is the first actual puppy I have been around and he's the only one who has ever done that to me! They're so cute though that you can't even be mad at them for it! :puppykisses:

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 03:11 PM
ha ha cute story, hope your hair was unaffected!

chopandchange
November 30th, 2010, 03:17 PM
My dog sometimes stands on my hair (he sleeps with me in my bed). ;)

HoneyJubilee
November 30th, 2010, 04:33 PM
If I have a scrunchie in my hair, my toddler pup (huge Great Dane/Lab X) will pull the thing out of my hair and hold it most proudly............he does NOT like them in my hair, apparently. I put it in, he takes it back out.......this is us >>>>> :slap:
lol! He wins, I no longer wear them in his presence.

My grandfather's cat does this. She'll sit behind me on the back of the couch and undo any updo I have. Last time I was at his house my hair was in a braid and the cat grabbed the end and started working on getting the elastic out. She loves trying to bathe my hair too.

CrisDee
November 30th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Awww, that sounds adorable! Hope you posted a photo of him in the "Show Us Your Dog" thread! :puppy:

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Too cute! My cat hardly touches my hair- she is too lazy. My old cat Milo used to though. He would attack my head when I soaked my ends in catnip. I will always have the scar on my neck to remember him by :).

LadyG
November 30th, 2010, 05:12 PM
My now gone cat used to sit on the top of my chair, hold my head in her paws and brush/wash my hair. LOL.

redneckprincess
November 30th, 2010, 05:14 PM
For the most part yeah, I only lost a couple hairs lost.
ha ha cute story, hope your hair was unaffected!

feralnature
November 30th, 2010, 05:20 PM
reneckprincess your hair has grown so much! I remember when you first joined LHC, your hair was blonde and it was collar length. Great progress! You could put a before and after in your siggy!

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM
For the most part yeah, I only lost a couple hairs lost.

Glad to hear it!