PDA

View Full Version : heard in the ladies loo

atlantaz3
November 30th, 2010, 01:03 PM
The fatter you get the shorter your hair gets! Two ladies were discussing cutting one lady's hair. She didn't want to cut her hair because she had gained weight. alrighty then.

Themyst
November 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
lol - that's pretty funny. Although from what I've observed, it seems the larger ladies always seem to have the nicer, thicker hair. :shrug:

Copasetic
November 30th, 2010, 01:11 PM
I think if I had heard that conversation, I would have yelled something over the stall.

pepperminttea
November 30th, 2010, 01:25 PM
My stomach disagrees. :p

pixistixx
November 30th, 2010, 01:32 PM
I think sometimes, this could be, but also, being too thin can do the same thing :). There are lots of ladies that are large, but fit, eat healthy, and have excellent blood work.... this leads to hair that will grow. On the other hand, there are also larger ladies that may have insulin resistance, or developed diabetes, which messes with hormones, resulting in hair loss and hair that doesn't grow. I think it has more to do with getting enough essential nutrients in the diet more than anything :)

Igor
November 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Fzzzzzzt!*

*Sound of Igor frying a brain cell trying to understand that logic

:lol:

little_cherry
November 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Lots of larger women (like myself) like to have longer hair..honestly, I like longer hair when it's down because it can 'hide' me..

CrisDee
November 30th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Very odd conversation! It sounds like she meant that she thought the look of short hair would accentuate her weight gain - I can relate, I think it does that to me. I think long hair elongates my look (I guess like vertical stripes). :shrug:

I like LittleCherry's theory - once my hair is long, my weight won't matter, I'll just hide behind my hair! :)

Olyve
November 30th, 2010, 05:02 PM
:rolleyes:
I don't even know what to say to that logic.
I am on the plump side and when my hair was short I was more self-conscious.

pixistixx
November 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
ahhhhhh.. i think i misunderstood what she meant lol! well, I can relate i guess... sometimes I think having long hair makes my face look longer/ nose look bigger, but I don't really care, cause I like it anyway

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Most of the SERIOUSLY overweight women I see have thinner, less healthy looking hair (probobly due to poor nutrition) but I have seen tons of plumper ones with amazingly beautiful, long hair. I think gorgeous hair actually distracts from excess weight.

Demetrue
November 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM
It sounds like she was saying she didn't want to cut her hair because she had gained weight and it would be more obvious if she didn't have her long hair to artfully drape across her shoulders, back, etc. That's exactly how I feel about myself right now - when I had short hair and was overweight, I felt like I had a little pin head in proportion to the rest of my size.

SpeakingEZ
November 30th, 2010, 08:05 PM
I agree that shorter hair can make a woman look larger. On me, it definately has that effect. When my hair was longer, I had one smooth line running down my back. Now I have this cut-off line that's like boots that come up to mid-calf instead of your knee.

Bucatini
November 30th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Isn't it a chicken-and-egg problem? Does carrying more weight than one wishes make one cut one's hair, or does cutting one's hair cause one to gain a pants size? ;-)

ArienEllariel
November 30th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Hmm. Usually shorter hair on an overweight person makes their face look rounder and accentuates their.. well.. roundness. I know for me it does. xD

kwaniesiam
November 30th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I've had short and long hair and I've always been fat. Never made much of a difference to me, I just happen to prefer it long.

Lianna
November 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I agree that long hair makes round faces appear less round (my case). The other argument I've heard is that long hair draws attention to the body, that's why people advise overweight people not to grow too long.