PDA

View Full Version : I HATE my FF Layers!!!!!

SarahBeth
November 30th, 2010, 10:58 AM
:steamI HATE HATE HATE my face framing layers.:mad: I cut them 2 months ago. My hair was 24" all around and I got that "I'm at middle length hair Hell" thinking. I did the 2 week rule, actually waited a month. Thought long and hard about it and still ended up doing something stupid. :scissors:Now I can't do any updos without my hair falling in my face or sticking up all over the place. I can't help thinking all the time what my hair would be like now, if I'd just left it alone. It will take me probably 6-9 months longer to get blunt ends when I finally reach goal.:wail: (Waist or hip) Well, LESSON LEARNED. Never,NEVER again. I just had to get that out. I do feel a little better. Not quite as good as if I could go back in time, but you know, reality beckons.

Angeletti
November 30th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I feel your pain, I wish I would have never gotten them as well.

lapushka
November 30th, 2010, 11:03 AM
With each passing day, week, month it'll get better, if that's any consolation to you. It's hair, it'll grow. Meanwhile, try to find a way to enjoy the FF layers while they're still short.

:grouphug:

natt i nord
November 30th, 2010, 11:04 AM
:grouphug: I think we're in almost the same situation. I'm just waiting for my faceframing layers to grow at least to that length at which they fit into my buns. Of course they stopped growing at the point they just still don't. Mine were not the result of cutting but of stopping chemical hairdye and a few strands grew back because of this. But I know how you feel...

Sheltie_Momma
November 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM
My bangs are horrible right now. The woman totally messed them up - too short, wrong angle - everything about them is awful. I can't wait until they grow out. So I hear ya!

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 11:36 AM
They dont take long to grow out, i hated mine too but hair grows just put it up and forget it!

spidermom
November 30th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I kind of miss mine but not enough to cut them back in. Don't worry; they'll grow out pretty fast.

leslissocool
November 30th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I have the same problem with the updo's, but I found that if I twist while braiding (almost like I was going to rope braid) and add cute sparky bobby pins it turns out ok... I personally look bad with a blunt cut because of my hair type (I get mayor triangle face, no matter how long) so I kinda leaned to do the nautilus and other buns with the twisty thing, and it works just fine...

I hope this helps!

az_sweetie01
November 30th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Aww, I just put down in my blog how much I loathe my layers too! Must be a layer hating day all over, ha ha! Tried to do a bun today and the combo of the shorter length overall plus the layers was enough to make my head spin.

But, it's okay, like Spidermom said, they'll grow out before you know it :flower:.

Tia2010
November 30th, 2010, 06:58 PM
I despise my face framing layers ! :angry: and all the rest of them too ! She told me they would make my hair look fuller and give me some style ! NOT !!

Plus she used some kind of thinning scissors on my face layers so now my hair looks pitiful on the sides ! Uggg ... I can't figure out why she thought I needed that done ! I had no idea what she was doing ( with the thinning scissors ) or I would have stopped her !

I can't wait till they grow out and my sides grow back in again !!!!!

kitten1986
November 30th, 2010, 07:07 PM
What is important is that you learned a lesson from it :D so now you can move forwards and never cut them in again they will grow before you know it :)

kschr2004
November 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
I totally relate! There has only been one time that face framing layers worked well on me. The stylist who cut them did a great job. However, all successive stylists who worked on my hair turned it more into an angled cut than layers. And then, the angled hair just hung around my face looking very flat.

Sometimes I still hate my current angled style. It only looks really good if I blowdry it with a brush, and I hardly ever do that. And it makes it that much harder to put my hair up too.

But as everyone says, take heart. The layers will eventually grow. If you can get it back into an updo, that may be the best way to grow, because it should help you forget about it. Maybe headbands or barettes would help until the layers get long enough?

irishlady
November 30th, 2010, 07:14 PM
I understand completely, I have some irritating wispy pieces and they make my sensitive skin on my face itchy, yet for some reason I never learn....
Thankfully they're just about long enough now to fit into an updo, and they blend in with my hair when it's down, so not too bad now.
Hang in there, it will be grand :)

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Well, I was thinking about getting face framing layers when my hair is a few inches longer but now I'm starting to re consider....

AreWild
November 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice, but I have to share my moment of stupidity. I sat staring at the title of this thread for a good 2-3 minutes, trying to figure out what FF was an abbreviation for. All I could come up with was 'frickin frackin' or something along those lines. I was just about to declare that I'll never keep up with all this interweb chat lingo. Then I read the post, and now I feel stupid. :rolleyes:

Maybe I can't help with your layer problem, but maybe I can make you laugh?

Shellby
November 30th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Arrghhh. I feel your pain. Growing mine out, too. It does not take that long to grow them out really. But what is worse is that is where the majority of my splits are. Just been cutting the length so the layers are gross. I DO NOT want to cut them again to get all the splits out. But I may have to...I need to print this out and put it in my hair toy box so whenever I get the idea it would be nice to have them again I will warn myself!

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 07:29 PM
I'm sorry that I don't have any advice, but I have to share my moment of stupidity. I sat staring at the title of this thread for a good 2-3 minutes, trying to figure out what FF was an abbreviation for. All I could come up with was 'frickin frackin' or something along those lines. I was just about to declare that I'll never keep up with all this interweb chat lingo. Then I read the post, and now I feel stupid. :rolleyes:

Maybe I can't help with your layer problem, but maybe I can make you laugh?

I also thought that FF was some new internet profanity abreviation at first! However, I'm sure there are a few choice F-words the OP would use to describe her much hated layers :).

Gwendolene
November 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
:steamI HATE HATE HATE my face framing layers.:mad: I cut them 2 months ago. My hair was 24" all around and I got that "I'm at middle length hair Hell" thinking. I did the 2 week rule, actually waited a month. Thought long and hard about it and still ended up doing something stupid. :scissors:Now I can't do any updos without my hair falling in my face or sticking up all over the place. I can't help thinking all the time what my hair would be like now, if I'd just left it alone. It will take me probably 6-9 months longer to get blunt ends when I finally reach goal.:wail: (Waist or hip) Well, LESSON LEARNED. Never,NEVER again. I just had to get that out. I do feel a little better. Not quite as good as if I could go back in time, but you know, reality beckons.

Me too!! They are growing out, of course, but I am so not doing that again!

Rabya-Khadija
November 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I just trimmed the side of my hair on one side so that it would frame my face a bit when I tie it up (about a month ago). Hair framing your face seems to grow really fast I'm going to have to cut it again!

They'll be gone before you know it if you don't think about it too much!

UltraBella
December 1st, 2010, 12:17 AM
Oh, I am so sorry you are frustrated with your FF layers :( I love mine, I can't remember a time I didn't have FF layers. There are certainly not for everyone though. Hope they grow super fast !

CrowningGlory
December 1st, 2010, 12:56 AM
I hate mine too and I thoguht about it for over a year before having them cut in. I thought I was going to love them but I don't. Worse, the stylist also cut in more bangs than I want so I've got bangs and layers to grow out. I find if I comb the longer pieces back when my hair is wet and add a little aloe vera gel that they'll stay. I look at all these shorter pieces and get depressed when I realise it will be years before they're the same length as the rest of my hair. But at least it is hair and it does grow - I'm not stuck with this forever (even if it feels like it right now).

SarahBeth
December 1st, 2010, 10:01 PM
;)AreWild: You did make me laugh! Thanks

SarahBeth
December 1st, 2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks all for your support, much needed and much appreciated!!!

Mexibeach
December 8th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Yes... oh yes. They do seem to take forever to grow out.......

jesis
December 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
They will probably grow out sooner than you think. My layers (I have curly hair) were a little below the top of my ear in September and now they are well past my chin! I can put them all up now. I also cut my bangs off above my eyebrows and now they're around my mouth area. :D Good luck!

Sheltie_Momma
December 8th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I wanted to give an update - I just went and had my horrible bangs trimmed up. I have been asking and asking for angled bangs. But that is what led to the horrific ones I had.... so this time I went back to my good stylist (not the girl that cut in the bangs, I was unfaithful to the good girl and boy have I paid for it) and just asked her to "fix" them in whatever way she could and so she cut them straight across and now I just push them over to the side - oh my goodness, THIS is the look I wanted all along and now I like them...Hah! I had no idea that just a few snips would result in such improvement.

So I just wanted to say that, in some instances there might be sort of an in-between trim of some sort than can help ease the grow out. Now that I actually like my long bangs, I might keep them.