PDA

View Full Version : My first longhair compliment + "damage controll" ;)

tinti
November 30th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I got my first long hair compliments a couple of days ago! I was at my aunts place celebrating her birthday and then a friend of another aunt said to me "Wow, your hair is getting so long! I've never seen you with hair as long as this, it suits you so much better!" :D I had my hair loose and I hadn't brushed it so my waves were there too, defined by some coconut oil and some goo that my mother put in it. It was a bit of a "wow effect" since I've been keeping my hair up a lot.

And yesterday I had dinner with my dad, and I had out my pony to brush my hair and braid it (winter dryness + me and my hair = tangles + me zapping everyone and everything I touch). And he suddenly says "Your hair is getting so long!" That is actually 2 compliments in 2 days :D And best of all, when I was at my moms place just before my aunts birtday, she had some gel or whatever in my hair to define my waves a bit more. And then she looked at my hair and said "Is that your color?" And I said "Yeah, on top of my head my hair is my natural color, you haven't cut or dyed it since May" And then she said "Is it really that many months ago? Your hair doesn't look damaged at all!" I asked her if there's many splits and stuff and she said "no, not as I can see" :) I have a "no cut/dye for 1 year" challange that ends in the middle of May, maybe I can do it after all. I can't S&D because I'm vision impaired, so it's great to get some feedback on my hair's condition (maybe I should just ask her every now and then so that I don't need to wonder weather I should trim or not :))

LotusFIre
November 30th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Your hair is very pretty! How long dd it take you to get it this length?

spitfire511
November 30th, 2010, 09:50 AM
That's lovely! So glad to hear that you're getting the compliments you richly deserve! Good luck with the no/cut dye challenge - you can do it!

tinti
November 30th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Thank you LotusFIre and Spitfire! I cut my hair into a long angled bob (shortest hairs were allmost SL) in june 08, so it has been 2 and a half years with 2 cm trims every 8 months.

spidermom
November 30th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hooray for compliments; I'm glad you got them.

tinti
November 30th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you Spidermom :)

pepperminttea
November 30th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Good for you! :) I know the "your hair's so long!" comments must get boring for members with 'extreme' amounts of length, but at the moment, I definitely take them as compliments too.

cmnt831
November 30th, 2010, 10:17 AM
It's great that you have family support on your hair journey. It's so nice to get compliments. :happydance:

tinti
November 30th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Peperminttea, yeah, I understand it gets boring, but now I take it as compliment, since noone has ever seen me with hair longer than midway between APL and BSL :)
cmnt831: Yes, it definetly is :thud:

Dreamkitty
November 30th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Congrats Tinti on your first long hair compliment. Im happy for you. Must be a great feeling.:cheer:

:D I was looking at your photo album. And my hair is 25 inches right now my goal is waist. So I looked at your hair when it was 24 and half inches in June, I could relate to it. Then I look at your most recent photo album and im so inspired, in only 5 months you reached 31inch, you have some amazing growth! and your hair is looking awesome too.:)

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Great compliments and well deserved you are doing just great!

tinti
November 30th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Thank you, Dreamkitty! I think I've done something wrong a month or two when I've been working out how many inches my hair was, my measuring tape is metric. I started with 65 cm in June, and last time I measured (november 1st) my hair was 71 and a bit. I think that's more average growth ;)

ETA: ANd thanks a lot jojo :D

thatjengirl1
December 1st, 2010, 01:06 PM
Your hair is very nice! i'm happy for you! Yeah in the past few months, i've been getting a lot of comments that my hair is long. I get compliments quite often which i find weird because my hairs really not that long .. (Little past BSL) but i like the comments never the less :)