PDA

View Full Version : Help with pink?

09robiha
November 30th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Am I the only one in love with Joss Stones old hair, where hse had all the pink streaks??

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/05_02/Joss260507_468x478.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-457917/Joss-goes-straight-sleeker-new-image.html&usg=__yZPXUDLmeSfPV87DDJMdwqzVRJ0=&h=478&w=468&sz=72&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=lUO3psrifJCVlM:&tbnh=134&tbnw=158&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djoss%2Bstone%2Bpink%2Bhair%2Bhow%2Bto %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1189%26bih%3D 429%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=926&vpy=69&dur=94&hovh=227&hovw=222&tx=136&ty=130&ei=PO70TKqPPIeAhAfCvZG6BQ&oei=PO70TKqPPIeAhAfCvZG6BQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

I would love to create somelike this but tbh I dont know how I would go about doing it?? It looks like there are three differant colours woven in...am I best buy a manic panic or sfx pink and mixing up my own?? What colours would be best to create a hot pink, a deep wine type colour and a burgandy?? and would this all go with deep brown hair?? I use semi perm dye and underneath its fairly light so I dont think I will have to bleach, just wait for the colour to come out lol

Sorry for all the questions but I like my colour to be right, go forbid my mothers says 'i told you so' lol

Juanita
November 30th, 2010, 05:45 AM
I would think that you would need to bleach so that you would get such an intense colour and the colour to be refreshed fairly often as it fades faitly quickly.
I used Manic Panic Flaminco Pink on the whitish part of my hair in front and the colour was all gone in 2 weeks. But I didn't bleach my hair first.

sunshine80
November 30th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I actually did a streak like that before...I lightened my hair first then put in "hot hot pink" by manic panic...post pics! Her hair looks so pretty in that pic!

sunshine80
November 30th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Just thought Id share... I just looked up manic panic hot hot pink amd this pink came up! I love it! this girl has guts:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3948954206/

Sweet_Decadence
November 30th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Thats pretty simple. Use special effects cupcake pink, slightly diluted with conditioner, to get the colour. Obviously your going to need to bleach the sections of your hair you want pink.

I seriously reccomend Special Effects over Manic Panic, unless your just looking to have the pink for little over a week, special effects is fantastic, It really, really lasts using their dyes I only ever have to do my hair when my roots a looking nasty.

mrs_coffee
November 30th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Just thought Id share... I just looked up manic panic hot hot pink amd this pink came up! I love it! this girl has guts:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3948954206/

Wow, that hair is so cool. I love her whole look.

vanity_acefake
November 30th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Would getting hair extensions in pink not be a better option? No bleaching to ruin your hair.

09robiha
November 30th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Wow, that hair is so cool. I love her whole look.

I know right! I have followed dawns photostream for a very long time. She is a very very talented photographer and is so creative I cant help but admire her. Plus her pug is the cuteset thing!! She was a memeber here but there was alot of rudeness and nasty comments made towards her hair. Unaturally coloured hair isnt for everyone I guess.

If i remeber correctly you can mix mp cant you?? I was thinking of making some lighter and some darker tones.
I would go to a hairdresser but I think they would laugh me right out of the shop :(

TrudieCat
November 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
This is OT but I'm irritated at the description of her old hairstyle as "frizzy" vs. the description of the new hairstyle as "sleek." In fact, I see more frizz and less shine in the straightened look. Once again curly has been automatically termed frizzy by the mainstream media. It's nothing new, but still.... Grrrrrrrr. :rant:

I love the pink, too, but I am no dye expert so I'm sorry to hijack this thread and then offer no useful suggestions, OP. Sorry, just had to rant a little. :oops:

09robiha
November 30th, 2010, 07:14 AM
This is OT but I'm irritated at the description of her old hairstyle as "frizzy" vs. the description of the new hairstyle as "sleek." In fact, I see more frizz and less shine in the straightened look. Once again curly has been automatically termed frizzy by the mainstream media. It's nothing new, but still.... Grrrrrrrr. :rant:

I love the pink, too, but I am no dye expert so I'm sorry to hijack this thread and then offer no useful suggestions, OP. Sorry, just had to rant a little. :oops:

I dont mind at all, in fact I feel the same. I hate the word Frizzy! Curls are Curls and straight is straight, frizzy being used as a word for curly is just inaccurate and damn right irritating for all those who have curly hair. Plus I dont see whats wrong with a little frizz anyways, sometimes its just a part of curly hair (im not that keen on straight hair anyways)

KittyLost
November 30th, 2010, 07:59 AM
I loved her hair when she had it like that! I don't think it's different shades of pink, it's just the one in various stages of fading. I did pink all over and I've had pink with brown and it looked good :) there are pictures in my album.

You will need to bleach your hair to get your pink bright. A hairdresser should be happy to do it for you even if you just went and asked for blonde highlights then later took in your pink of choice and got them to add it for you.

SFX Atomic Pink I can recommend, it's a great colour and it's staying power is legendary! It can take quite a while to fade. You can also add a tiny bit of conditioner to it to lighten the colour if that's what you were after.

spidermom
November 30th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I love the colors, but her poor hair looks so frazzled!