PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Hair Moment

Dragon
November 30th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Have you ever had a scary hair moment? What was it?

luxepiggy
November 30th, 2010, 02:52 AM
Hair dryer air intake :scared:

zombinest
November 30th, 2010, 03:30 AM
discovering a patch of grey hairs sprouting :o I never thought I would get grey hairs in my twenties... it's going to take me a while to get used to this..

jenwexler
November 30th, 2010, 04:34 AM
Cutting off at least 6 inches of my hair when I originally just wanted to cut my side bangs.

smileycat
November 30th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Pulling all the bobbie pins out of my over sprayed curled nightmare wedding hair, and it was just in a half-up! It took weeks for my hair to recover. If only I had known about LHC back then!

thisischristine
November 30th, 2010, 04:49 AM
My hair being full of blood after bleaching - I burned my scalp

Juanita
November 30th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Letting DD trim my hair for split ends. I went from somewhere between hipand TB to around BSL. That was about 10 years ago now.

LocustSpawning
November 30th, 2010, 05:19 AM
I bleached half my head from dyed black to white and ginger and blonde, THEN I dyed it green. I bleached it about 6 times in one night... yes... a LOT fell off and snapped, it was elastic, weak, and was snapping off a LOT. It was destroyed. :( :( :(

Nae
November 30th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Hmmm, well at my first wedding I had huge, huge, huge amounts of hairspray in my hair. We were on our honeymoon so we were staying in a hotel. I realize I forgot my shampoo but I see that the hotel has some shampoo stuff. So I jump in the shower since the hair wasn't even budging once I took out the hairpins. I grab the bottle and I put it all over my head, and it doesn't lather. What the crap?!?!?

I look at the bottle and realize I had just dumped an entire bottle of hand lotion onto my heavily hair sprayed hair. DOH! I thought the hairspray was going to be bad to get out and now I had just complicated the problem. I finally located the shampoo and used the WHOLE bottle and things were still not good. I had to have my new DH run out to get more shampoo in the middle of the shower.

He of course, thought this was the most hilarious thing he had ever heard. I am still not amused. It took me 3 days of washing every day to stop looking like I had gunk in my hair. *sighs*

DARKMARTIAN
November 30th, 2010, 05:39 AM
got a bit too close to a bonfire once......

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee482/THE_MARTIAN666/ist2_2190957_hair_on_fire.jpg

Armelle
November 30th, 2010, 05:49 AM
Leaned against a dresser while chatting at a Halloween party. Other people notified me that my hair had caught on fire from the candle I didn't see.:doh:

Viechen
November 30th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I ended up with a bad mullet when I asked for pretty layers and side swept bangs... had to get my hair cut to a short bob to fix that one... and I had already made so much progress back then :( Needless to say I never went back to that place...

Jean Stuart
November 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
ponytail fell on candle and caught fire last week.

Bene
November 30th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Just this Thursday, I was about to have a smoke outside and as I as zippering my coat, a whole bunch of my hair got caught! I freaked out but luckily, one of the dudes I was with stayed calm and helped me out while I whined about it. Quite a few strands broke off though :(

jojo
November 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Putting highlights in my friends dark brown hair, it went orange so I had the bright idea of blasting them with a red hot hair dryer, when we then rinsed the highlights and removed the cap.....................disaster, her hair snapped off with the cap! I was only 13 years old, but her mother called me peveish, I wasn't being I was trying to get her blonder as she asked!

KittyLost
November 30th, 2010, 07:47 AM

Ditto.

Got some hair sucked up the hair dryer a few years ago.

LotusFIre
November 30th, 2010, 07:57 AM
When I was a kid I made a crown out of nasty grass burrs and put it on my HEAD!! OMG I had to have it CHOPPED so short!! It hurt a lot too, guess I didn't think that one through LOLOLOLOLOL :crazyq:

mellie89
November 30th, 2010, 09:18 AM

That just happened to me last week! I was blowdrying before my winter band concert, and all of a sudden I hear this big SHLUMP! noise, which was a big chunk of hair getting sucked up into the intake. In my panic, I turned the speed up to high instead of turning it off, so it got even worse. :o

Definitely not touching the hair dryer for awhile after that one.

Rabya-Khadija
November 30th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Probably when I was taking Tramadol and realised my hair was falling out! Managed to stop them before it got any scarier.... thankfully you can't tell anymore :)

Themyst
November 30th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Well, it wasn't me, but I was with a guy with hip length hair and we were in the kitchen. He was mixing the mashed potatoes and the next thing I knew the mixer was up to his head - his hair had become caught in the beaters! lol - he was pretty quick though and turned it off before he got scalped.

Coan-Teen
November 30th, 2010, 09:44 AM
I managed to singe off a sizable chunk of my hair in SAT math class. I had borrowed a lighter to stop a loose thread from running and the person who owned the lighter failed to tell me it was set to the highest possible flame. I still have a slight patch on my right temple that doesn't grow the same, and I lost a chunk of my eyebrow and I lost my eyelashes. Fun.

Purdy Bear
November 30th, 2010, 10:55 AM
A guy at school asked for a trim of my hair, I dont know why I said ok, I thought it was just going to take a dusting. He took a 2 inch by 1 inch chunk out the hem. My mother was being her gracious self and refused to trim it back, so I had to live with it for months until it grew out.

When I was a kid I had my braid fall in some paint, so had to pick it off - it wouldnt wash out (Iv also had a black rescue puppy arrive, who was covered in paint from a previous owner and we had to do the same for him - he grew up to be an awesome dog and lived to a ripe old age).

Having to shave all my hair off when I lost most of it.

I knew a girl at school who got a wasp stuck in her hair, she kept running round in circles screaming. The lady teacher delt with her panic and soon rescued said wasp without much damage to either.

Some nice person put chewing gum in my hair once. It was right in deep. Luckily my Darling Grandmother knew exactly what to do and got the ice to put on it. I only lost a few hairs to it and had very little damage.

Angeletti
November 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Probably when I had bleached my dark hair to a light blonde all at once like a moron, I had chunks falling out it was pretty scary.

ElliesJellies
November 30th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Going to the salon to get my roots touched up. The girl didn't have a clue how to bleach hair. She left my roots a bright orange and stood next to me with a worried look on her face saying things like "well, I don't know why that happened... let me try something else..."
Another girl who worked with her walked over and they started talking. The one who was working on my hair was saying things like "I tried this and that... we are all out of green so I don't know what to do now."
The other chick told her to bleach my hair again. I was soooo terrified that I was going to have to walk out of that salon with blonde hair, bright orange roots, or with half my hair missing, but that I was going to have to pay this girl for terrible service.

The rest of the time was spent rebleaching my roots, toning, and her nervously explaning to me that it's fixed and that it looks much better. She still left my roots very yellow in comparison to the rest of my hair. Needless to say I never went back to that salon again and eventually found out that they closed the salon. Figures.

Akiko
November 30th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Long time ago, my hair got caught in a hair dryer. I could smell my hair burning!

CarpeDM
November 30th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Oh gosh, the scariest hair moment happened when I was using a face cleaner (sort of like a clarisonic), except this one worked by going around in circles at a rapid speed. I had an awful day and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, so instead of normally pulling my hair back with a headband, I just started cleaning my face. Before I knew it the cleaner had grabbed a big chunk of my hair and ripped it clean out of my scalp. It was awful!!! I had a big bald spot right in the front of my hairline. So for the longest time I wore head scarves until finally, thank goodness, after months of waiting, my hair started to grow back. Then in order to hide the new chunk of hair growth and have it blend in with the rest of my hair I got bangs. Well bangs were really never my friend. So I had to wait two more years to grow out the bangs. So much fun!!

Kosmos
November 30th, 2010, 04:11 PM
My first haircut.

I went from TB length to BOWL CUT in the span of a half hour. Needless to say I never let my mother anywhere near my hair again.

christine1989
November 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Burning my hair with a flat iron back in 7th grade.

Aliped
November 30th, 2010, 04:17 PM

Yup, that's mine too! For me nothing beats the horror of a fistful of hair being sucked into the back of a hairdryer!!
:trainwreck:

sunshine80
November 30th, 2010, 04:26 PM
I had 2 scares...well I dont know if its scares or catastrophe!

My stepfather cut my hair against my will when I was 17 (my avatar is the year he cut it) I dont know why I guess we didnt know each other or something it changed my life forever...

I kept highlights in my hair for about 4 years, but my sister that usually did my hair must of put the wrong mix together or something because when she took out the foils my hair came out with it...

NO MORE SCARES FOR ME! I will never let anyone touch my hair ever again...Happy for LHC for all the great tips and getting my hair and life back...

Maddy_T
November 30th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Probably when I had bleached my dark hair to a light blonde all at once like a moron, I had chunks falling out it was pretty scary.
Exactly the same! not a fun experience having a shower to wash the bleach out and feeling that the bleach is not the only thing that's coming out! :(

Irnann
November 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Long time ago it was a nice windy summerday and i was wearing my all one lenght hiplength hair opend.
I have been sitting outside to take a coffee and lighted a cigarette with a lighter - but the flame came out very high and burned a bunch of the front part of my hair. This moment was really scary!

Since then i am wearing a fringe:-)

LisaMonster
November 30th, 2010, 04:51 PM
I grew up in an abusive home. When I was about eleven, I was sent home from school with lice, my dad set it on fire.

I was also hit with a hair dryer a few times for saying I had dried my hair when I hadn't.

Maybe a psychological reason for growing now that I'm away from all of that?

ElliesJellies
November 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Oh that sounds so horrible. I am sorry that happened to you multiple times. My parents used to force me to cut my hair mega short when I was a kid, till around the time I turned 15 I decided to take it in my own hands and grown my hair out. I will never have short hair again and am reluctant to let anyone cut it so I typically just trim it myself and keep it as long as I can.

ElliesJellies
November 30th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Oh that sounds so horrible. I am sorry that happened to you multiple times. My parents used to force me to cut my hair mega short when I was a kid, till around the time I turned 15 I decided to take it in my own hands and grown my hair out. I will never have short hair again and am reluctant to let anyone cut it so I typically just trim it myself and keep it as long as I can.

Oops, that was meant as a reply to LisaMonster's post.

PartyPickle
November 30th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I grew up in an abusive home. When I was about eleven, I was sent home from school with lice, my dad set it on fire.

I was also hit with a hair dryer a few times for saying I had dried my hair when I hadn't.

Maybe a psychological reason for growing now that I'm away from all of that?

That's awful LisaMonster. Sympathies. I think horrible people often use girls hair as means of abusing them. Happy growing and healing. :)

When I was a kid I made a crown out of nasty grass burrs and put it on my HEAD!! OMG I had to have it CHOPPED so short!! It hurt a lot too, guess I didn't think that one through LOLOLOLOLOL :crazyq:

I never made a crown of burrs LOL but thanks for the reminder of the many many hours spent picking burr bits out of my childhood hair.

As far as my scariest hair moment goes I'd have to say waking up to gum in my hair after having fallen asleep with it in my mouth. (I think I did this on two different occasions :o as a child.) My mother was for cutting it out and I was for picking away at it. I can't recall who won.

Fiordiligi
November 30th, 2010, 06:04 PM
A few years ago, on a whim, velcro rollers. Ouch.

CaityBear
November 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Well, I've never had any as scary as some of the others. (I cringed just reading them)

My worst...really not too bad...back when I had BSL hair I was wearing it down one day on the school bus and this girl walked by me and her backpack caught my hair and pulled it over the back of the seat and ended up ripping a chunk of hair out...I barely felt it then the girl started freaking out when she saw the hair. I turned around and there was this ball of hair sitting on the seat.

This I think was a bit before actually growing out my hair and finding LHC so I didn't care too much. But if a chunk of my hair came out now I'd be crying! I don't have enough to afford to lose a chunk! lol

ravenlily
November 30th, 2010, 06:14 PM
I bleached my burgundy henna-hair to white/blond in one day. My scalp was bleading and i found scab in my hair a whole month afterwards...:(

Nicolesid1
November 30th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I have two the first was me being soo stupid I bleached my hair after brown dye then dyed it candy apple red but didn't like the red so I had to bleach it AGAIN, I ended up bleaching my hair three times that day and dying it twice lost so much hair.

The other time was about 3 years ago I had long hair and decided to chemically straighten it with lye free chemical straightener. Well the ends got damaged so I trimmed them and just kept trimming went from BSL to chin. NEVER again!

Tia2010
November 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
My worst hair moment was going into a salon to have my reddish blond hair highlighted light blond. ( It was my first visit to that salon.)

I ended up with ALL my hair ( not just highlights but my whole head) an easter egg yellowish type tint ! :mad: It looked awful ! Like I had hay for hair !

Then they had the nerve to try to tell me it looked fine ! I was furious ! :angry: They were lucky they still had hands when I left the salon :patrol: ! I finally cut it off into a pixie and didn't trust hairdressers for years after that !

twopoints
November 30th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Getting my hair caught in the back of the chair during class... I had to pull it out.

irishlady
November 30th, 2010, 07:16 PM
When I was 10 and I had my hair cut in a bob with a blunt fringe, it looked fine, until the hairstylist went and cut the fringe/bangs too short, thus making me look like Prince Valiant.

CherrySilver
November 30th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Once up a time (while I was in college), my pride and joy was my '66 Mustang. It burned oil like there was no tomorrow, and I usually had to put a quart of oil in it every week.

One day while looking under the hood with my Dad, I leaned over looking into the engine compartment. Not really paying attention or noticing anything as usual, my waist length hair was dangling directly in the path of the radiator fan. A nice sized chunk got caught in the belt and was pulling my head closer and closer to the fan. 'Daaaaad!', I screamed out. My father (who was very luckily standing next to me) pulled his pocketknife out of his pocket and cut my hair off. I shudder to think what would have happened otherwise if he weren't there.

True story -- I couldn't make this stuff up. This wasn't the first time my father saved my life. Even though he's been gone for many years, I think about him often and still have the pocketknife.

ArienEllariel
November 30th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Ditto.

Got some hair sucked up the hair dryer a few years ago.

The best part is when little hair sparks shoot out the other end. That scared the heck out of me at 12. :rolleyes: Didn't use the hairdryer for weeks afterwards.

GRU
November 30th, 2010, 09:21 PM
When I was 10 and I had my hair cut in a bob with a blunt fringe, it looked fine, until the hairstylist went and cut the fringe/bangs too short, thus making me look like Prince Valiant.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/f_snork.gif I totally snorted when I read this! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/smiley-laughing025-1.gif

OperaTeacherMom
November 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM
One 4th of July I had a roman candle projectile land in my hair. For those who don't know, roman candles are a firework that shoots flaming balls through the air, and a couple of my insane friends like to hold them and point them at one another. Yeah, I ended up with a singed chunk of breakage about halfway up my APLish length hair. Not fun.

mneh
December 1st, 2010, 06:17 AM

Snap! My Mum did this to my hair once, she was supposed to just trim my fringe but she cut it far too short. I was a teenager and got so much teasing/slagging at school.

Motto since then: never let my mother near my hair :)

AnastaChan
December 1st, 2010, 06:34 AM
When i cut too much of my bangs and ended up with cutting 6 inches of my hair

sunshine80
December 1st, 2010, 06:36 AM
omg cherry! that must of been so scary! thank goodness you dad was there:)

shilpa733
December 1st, 2010, 06:45 AM
my moment was when i 1st discovered my grey hair when i was just 13.
And within 1 year, almost 50% of my hair had become grey :(

david
December 1st, 2010, 06:47 AM
Its gotta be getting my hair caught in the blow drier...thankfully I managed to catch on just in time and only got minimal damage.

CherrySilver
December 1st, 2010, 08:34 AM
omg cherry! that must of been so scary! thank goodness you dad was there:)

It was terrifying -- thank God for me he was there!

jujube
December 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
A bird attacked the top of my head as I was walking unknowingly too close to its nest. I had dreadlocks at the time. Birdie's lucky it didn't get caught in the super knotty part, it would've lost a few toes. (Do birds have toes?) Plus, I would've looked like a total idiot trying to get a live screaming bird out of my hair.

luxepiggy
December 1st, 2010, 10:39 AM
Just this Thursday, I was about to have a smoke outside and as I as zippering my coat, a whole bunch of my hair got caught! I freaked out but luckily, one of the dudes I was with stayed calm and helped me out while I whined about it. Quite a few strands broke off though :(

OMG this reminded me of another one. I have one of those blue-flame butane lighters. I live in San Francisco. Every time a gust of wind blows while I'm trying to light a cigarette, my heart stops because I'm afraid my hair is about to go up in flames. Every. Time. (>(oo)<)`

GRU
December 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
OMG this reminded me of another one. I have one of those blue-flame butane lighters. I live in San Francisco. Every time a gust of wind blows while I'm trying to light a cigarette, my heart stops because I'm afraid my hair is about to go up in flames. Every. Time. (>(oo)<)`

Maybe that's a good reason to quit smoking? ;)

thatjengirl1
December 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
To this day, i don't know what happened. but the summer before senior year, my hair went crazy. it got really crispy and the actual length, not roots, were sooo greasy. i had put nothing unusual in my hair or done anything different. it lasted about a week. It finally just slowly went back to normal.

Nastasia
December 1st, 2010, 12:41 PM
I don't know about scariest, but here's a recent one that freaked me out. I was walking outside, smoking. My hair was in a ponytail. A gust of wind came up from behind me, and my ponytail got blown forward over my shoulder so hard that it knocked the cherry off the cigarette. I was freaked out that my hair might have gotten burnt, but I didn't find a single singed hair.

Sagi1982
December 1st, 2010, 01:27 PM
Ripping a brush apart...

beez1717
December 1st, 2010, 01:50 PM
When mom first cut my beard and started cutting my sideburns and she just kept going up and up and up, and then diid the stuff on my neck :( I was soooooo scared she would cut my length :/ Am I paranoid?

Nae
December 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
Maybe that's a good reason to quit smoking? ;)

But, but, smoked piggies are the best!

jeanniet
December 1st, 2010, 04:50 PM
It wasn't really scary, but very embarrassing. I got sick of my bangs and decided to trim them a bit. I cut off so much there was barely anything left. I had to wear a hat to work for a few weeks. The worst part was that I was working in the student government office at a university, and was supposed to be this mature employee, and I looked like a complete idiot. :o

Akherousia
December 1st, 2010, 07:00 PM
I let my hair fall too close to the hose attachment while I was vacuuming in a small corner under my desk. I think I swore every curse in the book trying to get it out without hurting it. xD

GRU
December 1st, 2010, 08:19 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/spit.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUuuu5MJF70

kschr2004
December 1st, 2010, 08:24 PM
It was either 1) when I tried to trim my own side fringe and had to get it professionally fixed by a stylist, or 2) when I got gum caught in my hair when I was out dancing and thought I was going to have to cut the hair to get the gum out. Luckily, someone helped me get the gum out of my hair.

Laurenji
December 1st, 2010, 08:57 PM
Today I pulled my metal hair fork out of my hair, ran my fingers through the length, and came away with a big chunk of hair! I guess the edges on that fork are sharper than I thought! Which is sad, because it's basically the only utilitarian hair fork I have.

luxepiggy
December 1st, 2010, 09:10 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/spit.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUuuu5MJF70

*Ahem*

We are not amused.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/angryshakingheadpiggy.gif

. . . OK, OK, maybe we are kind of amused . . . hehe. Smoked piggies! I suppose I would be chashao (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_siu), seeing as how I'm Chinese and all . . . yum! (^(oo)^)v

firefly42
December 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM
getting my hair all tangled up in one of those evil round hairbrushes....not once but several times...i didn't learn as a child lol.

GRU
December 1st, 2010, 09:52 PM
*Ahem*

We are not amused.
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/piggies/angryshakingheadpiggy.gif

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gif

. . . OK, OK, maybe we are kind of amused . . . hehe. Smoked piggies! I suppose I would be chashao (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char_siu), seeing as how I'm Chinese and all . . . yum! (^(oo)^)v

Man, I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that link.... now I'm sooooo hungry!!!! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/mad.gif

Mariah!!
December 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
I have 2 of them. The first was about 8-9 years ago. My friend tried to trim her bangs and did too short. I tried to make her feel better, so I trimmed my hair... pretty good on my one side... then on the other side it was too short. When you would look at the back it was about 2-3 inches shorter (very BLUNTLY too short) on the other side. The other time was a couple years after that. I was used to dying my hair with the grocery store box stuff and was pretty good at it.... untill I followed the directions this time and didn't let the dye touch my scalp! YIKES! It was too dark at the roots and it was not even. I bought more and tried to dry the roots and ended up with Ariel the mermaids hair! oh boy...... My dad had to pay 90$ (i was a teenager) to have my hair done a few days later (and having to have mermaid red hair at school for about 2-3 days!) by a profecional. Man... they had to use 3 tones of a dark color to make my hair even again. It looked great after that... untill the next day when I found ALL my scalp dead and peeling off in the HUGEST dandruff flakes you have EVER seen!! (think the size of a quarter!) Yes..... But I think I stopped dying my hair after about another time or two.... never again....

Oh wait. One more.... I was in 9th grade. I was blowdrying my hair by holding it out straight with my hands and holding the dryer too close to my hair. I lost concentration for a minute (less than that) and the next thing I know I am holding a chunk of hair not attatched to my head!! The part that burned off was right next to my temple. It was about 2 inches from it! (My hair was about BSL or longer at that time) So I had two inches of hair (about an inch wide) just sticking straight out of my head from my temple.... worst part was that the ends of it were ORANGE!! The heat turned it red hot before it broke off!! WOW!

luxepiggy
December 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gifhttp://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/neener-1.gif

Man, I knew I shouldn't have clicked on that link.... now I'm sooooo hungry!!!! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/ImaHockeyMom/boards/emoticons/mad.gif

Retribution!!! \(^(oo)^)/

That's what happens when you poke fun at piggies, you know. It makes you hungry! (^(oo)~)

Ludde
December 1st, 2010, 11:24 PM
A couple of houses on fire, where we tried to stop it from spreading to more houses. Being so close to such immense heat got the hair smoking and all loose hair burned away.

Nae
December 2nd, 2010, 04:23 PM
*Ahem*

We are not amused.

Well, we wouldn't smoke YOU after all, just the naughty piggies. Perhaps those criminal pigs we all hear about in the news. You know, famous ones like; Al Capork, Billy the Pig or even Wild Hog Hickok.

And yeah, I agree with GRU, that link made me hungry. Off to make some sloppy joes for the kids. (Made of ground turkey just to keep the peace hehe.)

rags
December 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
The most scary would have to be after being given a medication which can and does cause hair loss but I absolutetly had to take - and waking up to handfuls of hair on my pillow, in the drain, on my shoulders. TB length hair shedding massively everywhere! I chopped it after I'd lost about half of it.....

allmixedup88
December 3rd, 2010, 08:51 AM
I used box dye to go blonde (dumb yes I know I was only 17/18) and I have dark brown hair so I had to dye it about 3 times in the same day. My hair went from APL to CL & then to make matters worse I decided hey I should get rid of my waves and it will be longer and I relaxed it the same day. That left me in tears & with a pixie.

kathyblack1
December 8th, 2010, 09:10 AM
My scariest hair experience was not just one occasion but multiple one. The first was in 6 grade wearing my relaxed hair in a tight ponytail, it was fashionable at the time. Well after some time all the hairs at my temples started receding.
Eventually I had to cut it off and go natural.
In around 10th grade, I got into using a round brush to straighten my hair with the aid of a blow dryer. Well I lost hair at my temples, again. I also lost hair in other random spots that made it hard to hide. Eventually it grew back.

Later on I relaxed my hair again after it grew out, and decided to color my hair a cinnamon brown like beyonce(i don't even like her). At first it was ok, but then my hair started to turn more orange as opposed to keeping the original dye color. That is when I cut my hair EL(ear length), dyed it black again, and started my hair care journey.

allmixedup88
December 8th, 2010, 09:50 AM
My scariest hair experience was not just one occasion but multiple one. The first was in 6 grade wearing my relaxed hair in a tight ponytail, it was fashionable at the time. Well after some time all the hairs at my temples started receding.
Eventually I had to cut it off and go natural.
In around 10th grade, I got into using a round brush to straighten my hair with the aid of a blow dryer. Well I lost hair at my temples, again. I also lost hair in other random spots that made it hard to hide. Eventually it grew back.

Later on I relaxed my hair again after it grew out, and decided to color my hair a cinnamon brown like beyonce(i don't even like her). At first it was ok, but then my hair started to turn more orange as opposed to keeping the original dye color. That is when I cut my hair EL(ear length), dyed it black again, and started my hair care journey.

RELAXER IS THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!! That crap is the worse crap ever invented! I saw that thing with Chris Rock and how it ate through that cup or w/e wtf and people put that on their heads EVERY MONTH!!!!!! I learned about relaxer from BET and after I did and learned about it after the fact. I have banned relaxer and BET from my house, lmao. I just watch Fox News and 2 1/2 Men they never EVER tell me to relax my hair. I hate those commericals trying to brainwash women into thinking they have to have straight 1A hair to be beautiful screw that, I like my 2c hair.

kathyblack1
December 8th, 2010, 10:54 AM
allmixedup88, I know how u feel. Once I left the relaxer on too long and my hair started to fall out in clumps. (forgot 'bout that)
Anyway, I no longer use relaxers or commercial products. Only aubrey organics HSR conditioner, and natural stuff;p Even so I don't knock anyone who uses those things, my best friend relaxes. I just wish commercials wouldn't brain wash women so much about beauty, sheesh...

allmixedup88
December 8th, 2010, 11:36 AM
allmixedup88, I know how u feel. Once I left the relaxer on too long and my hair started to fall out in clumps. (forgot 'bout that)
Anyway, I no longer use relaxers or commercial products. Only aubrey organics HSR conditioner, and natural stuff;p Even so I don't knock anyone who uses those things, my best friend relaxes. I just wish commercials wouldn't brain wash women so much about beauty, sheesh...

good you're off the creamy crack, LOL. I will never ever relax my hair ever I like my hair and it's 2c and super thick... it's not that hard to manage I just have to brush my hair in sections and braid it so it's whatever. LOL I love the "my best friend relaxes" show her the light and recover her from the evil creamy crack haha. Those commericals kill me, I would watch "The Game" or "Girlfriends" and like every other commerical would be about relaxers. It's really obnoxious.

myria
December 8th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Mine was dying my classic-length-at-the-time hair flame red with cheap dye that supposedly lasts 3 washes. It went ginger. It stayed that way for about 6 weeks. I had to use dish soap to get the dye out :(

kabelaced
December 9th, 2010, 08:38 AM
When I almost set the whole kitchen on fire.

Was going to try stir frying in a normal pan with ice cold wontons...tried to turn off the stove, but in order to turn it off you have to turn it up...so fire!

I singed my eyebrows and lashes and some hair on my canopy. Up until last month, I never knew about the horrors of burnt hair...the smell is so awful!!

The eyelashes were split in two almost, which looked kinda groovy, I think. :o

monsterna
December 9th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I was around 14 or so and always wanted to dye my long hair black. I have naturally light brown hair and I'm very pale skinned, so black never would look good on me, or at least not in an awkward 14-year-old body. It was jet black, and it looked horrible. I was begging my mom to help me and we took it and got it stripped and dyed auburn a few days later.

Also a few years back, I got a really good hair cut from a woman at a salon, so I decided to go back to her to get it done again a while after that. She completely ruined it this time around... I gave her a picture of what I wanted all around and specifically told her to not cut my bangs the way they were in the pic (straight across right above the eyebrow). I always had side swept bangs. So of COURSE she cut them straight across. And she managed to ruin the rest of it and it looked like an 80s mullet (I was going for a Noel Fielding cut, but I did not get that at all). This was in 2007 and for at least two years after, my hair was never the same, even after growing out and cutting. I finally found a hair dresser I absolutely love who has always done even my bang trimmings right when no one else could for some reason. She finally fixed it so the huge "bump" of hair in the back of my head will grow out normally like the rest and not be a constant pain.

Unofficial_Rose
December 9th, 2010, 12:06 PM
The worst was when the stylist finally took off my bleached foils - and some of my hair melted to the touch. Like candyfloss. I touched my hair in disbelief, and it came away in my hands.

I had a very short (but cute, and very blonde) hairstyle by the time I left.

It was scary at the time, but I now realise it in no way compares to some of the posts on this thread. The poor girl who's head was bleeding from bleach, for example (sorry, forgotten the name) and kathyblack1's and allmixedup88's relaxer stories, to name but two. Actually, on the subject of relaxers, that explains why a colleague of mine stopped relaxing her hair. :eek:

bluesnowflake
December 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Someone once tried to cut my hair by force- they came up behind me with scissors. It might be stupid, but I'm still a little afraid of scissors and now I put my hair up more often.

Kyaatje
December 9th, 2010, 03:17 PM
A long time ago (late 80's early 90's) I had my hair permed (!) full of hairspray .... I still smoked at that time and leaned over to have my cigarette lighted ....... Did you know that hairspray that catches fire really goes 'woof' ? eeks !

My mom always has her hair blond .... one day she found a friend of a friend who had studied as a hairdresser but didn't work in a salon. It became obvious why : my moms hair was just fried ! Totally white and it came of in packs. Even after she had it cut to well basically a bit shorter then a pixie, it was still breaking and falling out. She cried for about a month each time she passed a mirror !

monsterna
December 9th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Someone once tried to cut my hair by force- they came up behind me with scissors. It might be stupid, but I'm still a little afraid of scissors and now I put my hair up more often.

Did you know this person (friend or foe, if so?) or was it just some random person?

KLin
December 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I have lots of scary hair moments. I am here to move past them.

When I was 12 at a ceramic shop, my waist length hair was pulled back in front and the part behind my right ear got stuck to some ladies parrot. She was coating it in Resin and Hardener to go on the deck. We could not get it out. My grandmother took me to get my hair fixed. I came out with shoulder length, permed and layered 1982 hair!

When I was 16 on my first date with my now husband, I found a lighter in his car and he lit it while driving and set my hair on fire, then beat my head to get out the flames as he drove me home.

When I was 20 my hair was again to my waist and I was to model in a hair show. The main hairdresser demonstrated on stage what the plan was for my hoop, spiral perm, and sent me off stage to have it done by an assistant. At the break when he came to check on our progress he saw what the assistant had put on my hair :(and grabbed a colorist to wash my hair for 10 mins with some product. My hair turned carrot- orange- brown- poodle looking and broke/ was cut back to just under shoulder length.

In my mid 30's I had post pardom depression after the birth of my son and cut 12" and donated it. (This was the second time I donated the first was when my DH cut his hair.) If I was not depressed I would have not cut it the second time.

About three years ago I went to get 2" of badly split ends cut to be healthier and she cut almost 6", threw in long layers and bangish lengths I have been growing out since.

Help me get to Hip length...Please ladies/Gents. I need love and support to get my hair back to long and healthy.

AnnaJamila
December 9th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Wow, I'm soooo lucky- I've never had one of these horror stories!!! BUT I have a few second hand-ers!

A friend of my aunt's had bum-length hair (you know, the kind that makes you sick and gets a lot of offers from rug makers) and some guy who had COMPLETELY lost the plot came up behind her as she was on her way home and asked if he could cut some of it. Predictably she wasn't as enthusiastic as he'd been hoping. She said he just walked her heels saying "Please? Please? Please? Please?" until some guy outside a shop noticed and took her arm saying, "There you are, duck, I'd wondered where you'd gone!" and the weirdy left her alone. Ha, I think she got a date out of it! I wonder if the guy was really balmy or just faced!

A friend of mine was walking between classes talking to me and all the sudden she starts screaming like a bloody bean sidhe and vaults herself across the hall! As it turns out a bit of her hair had come caught beneath the strap of her pack and was sticking up. She saw it from the corner of her eye and had no idea what it was. Ha, I still tease her about that! ;)

cuppycake
December 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
discovering a patch of grey hairs sprouting :o I never thought I would get grey hairs in my twenties... it's going to take me a while to get used to this..
oh me too :/

cuppycake
December 9th, 2010, 07:24 PM
My hair being full of blood after bleaching - I burned my scalp
omg how horrible :(

lillylonghair
December 9th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I won't go into it but I'm sure you can imagine what might happen when one tries to bleach indigo out of their hair.shudder:

ddiana1979
December 9th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I lived on the second floor in my previous apartment. I had (& still have) two medium/large dogs (standard poodle & border collie). When I was going down the wooden stairs to take them outside, my border collie, Dylan, pulled really hard & I fell flat on my back & got drug down a few stairs & hit my head on the brick wall. I reached back & my hand was just full of blood, I was more upset, however, that there was a CLUMP of about an inch & a half in diameter of my long hair stuck between the stair & the brick wall where I'd hit my head. To further complicate matters, I of course had dropped the leashes while falling, and Dylan (that rat bastard) took off up the hill. Chandler, my faithful poodle, was next to me trying to figure out why the heck Mommy was crying. So despite a bleeding head wound, I had to go hunt down Dylan. I was so mad. It took the bald spot months to fill in to the point where it at least blended in with the rest of my hair. This was over 7 years ago, and I'm still pretty mad. ;)

Macaroni
December 9th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Add me to the list of longhairs who accidentally caught their hair in the blow dryer.
And I'm always so careful! I only use it during the last 10 minutes of airdrying and I keep in on low, but I lost my concentration. In a split second, several strands got sucked in and only the pulling alerted me. I flipped the switch to off and only lost a couple of strands. Burning hair is stinky and I think it make a zzzt, crackling noise as it burned.