PDA

View Full Version : What to do with loose hairs...?

Messyhair
November 29th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Hi all you longhairs!

I lose 100+ hairs each day, so I always have strays over me, but I never know what to do with them! When in public and not near a garbage can, what do you do with a loose hair? I'm looking for a way to somehow discretely deal with these loosies when around others who think I'm crazy enough already. Sigh.

sunshine80
November 29th, 2010, 07:30 PM
What an awesome question...I still have a lot of fried hair that just falls off and it is embarassing sometimes! I cant wait to see who came up with some creative ways to deal with this...

soobie
November 29th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I just ball them up and stick them in my pocket until later.

CarpeDM
November 29th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I second the balling up method.

sunshine80
November 29th, 2010, 09:25 PM
When I was getting my taxes done, I looked on the desk and there was a big hair! I was thinking "did he notice?" Yep he was looking dead at it...I laughed and told him I shed more then my dogs:p he just laughed...

Dragon
November 30th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Hair is good to chuck outside for the birds to use in there nest.

enfys
November 30th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I second the balling up method.

Thirded. Just remember to empty your pockets before washing!

Naphthylamine
November 30th, 2010, 01:57 AM
I'm the fourth one :P I also do the balling up.

Thirded. Just remember to empty your pockets before washing!
It is a good warning! I forgot the balls a few times in my pockets, and it caused the machine to clog eventually :o

natt i nord
November 30th, 2010, 02:46 AM
If I'm outside I just drop them. The balling up method is a good idea for indoors, thank you :)

Carolyn
November 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM
It depends on where I am. Outside or at some place like Walmart I just drop them and let them go. At someone's home or a restaurant I would probably pocket them.

pepperminttea
November 30th, 2010, 03:45 PM
If I'm outside I just drop them, too. They're biodegradable, after all, and good nesting material for birds. When I'm inside, I usually ball them up for later, and my compost bin gets them. Keeps the worms warm! :p

Messyhair
December 3rd, 2010, 06:06 PM
Ah, the ball and pocket method... simple, yet effective. I'll do that on days that I have pockets! On days without pockets, I'll just hold on to my little hairballs, I guess.

spidermom
December 3rd, 2010, 09:17 PM
Wind it/them around a finger and look out for the first opportunity to dispose of it/them.

Belledandy
December 3rd, 2010, 09:19 PM
This might seem kinda gross, but I leave them for the birds. Along with the sheddings from my dog and the horses (Plus their loose hairs.) I've since had to pull down some old nests and, sure enough, they were wrapped with mine and horse hair and padded with dog fluff. At least it was useful! ;)

Sundial
December 3rd, 2010, 09:30 PM
Hmmm .... Just a thought: if you are balling them up and setting them aside, why not start setting the hairs aside to make a rat? That way, there's more reason for you to be actively squirreling away shed hairs :p

christine1989
December 3rd, 2010, 09:56 PM
I just pick them off and throw them wherever. If I'm in class I know the custodians will come by eventually when they clean and if I'm outside I know the birds like to use balls of hair for their nests. I tend to get hair all over my car so I usually go over it with a lint roller once a week to get the shed hairs off.