PDA

View Full Version : Losing short thin hairs amongst thick hairs?

CHRISTINA24
November 29th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Hi, i'm new to these forums so firstly would like to say hello to everyone :)

I'm just wondering whether it's usual to experience the loss of extremely fine/thin short strands of hair as well as thick normal strands and whether any of you experience this? some of them are as short as an inch but very weak and break easily..i lose quite a few of these and i'm not sure if i have been losing them before and just haven't noticed but it's a bit worrying :(

I notice them mostly after i showe or while i am shampooing, i will find a few stuck to my hand or after i comp..about 10 or so :confused::confused::confused:

Igor
November 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Some hairs have shorter terminal length than others. It means they will not grow to the “full” length of the rest. It’s completely normal.
Your shedding is determined by genetics and body chemistry and your follicles don’t care how thick or thin the shedded hairs are. You will lose both kinds from handling and normal shedding where the hairs simply reach the end of their growth cycle and are ejected by the follicles.
However, if your thinnest strands are as extremely thin as you say, it could be breakage and not shedding.

CHRISTINA24
November 29th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Some hairs have shorter terminal length than others. It means they will not grow to the “full” length of the rest. It’s completely normal.
Your shedding is determined by genetics and body chemistry and your follicles don’t care how thick or thin the shedded hairs are. You will lose both kinds from handling and normal shedding where the hairs simply reach the end of their growth cycle and are ejected by the follicles.
However, if your thinnest strands are as extremely thin as you say, it could be breakage and not shedding.

These short hairs are all coming from the root and extremely thin, like feathery and very easy to break. Thank you for your answer :)