PDA

View Full Version : OMG of LHC!

mali
November 29th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Oh ..My...HAIR! Celebrities worst hair days! (http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/galleries/celebrities_worst_hair_days/celebrities_worst_hair_days.html)

Francoise1606
November 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
oh dear:) Glad to see I'm not the only one with a bad hair day once in a while...

Octave
November 29th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hehe well some of them where really bad...but some of them were actually pretty alright. :shrug:

DuckyDot
November 29th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Whats wrong with Jared Leto's hair? And some of them were just hair blowing in the wind!

But some of them were funny!! :D Hehe!

HairFaerie
November 29th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Hahahaha! Some of those were horrid!
Some looked OK in my book. And like DuckyDot said, some were just wind blown!
Thanks for sharing! Some of those actually made me laugh (out loud)!

spidermom
November 29th, 2010, 03:22 PM
I love seeing celebrities bad fashion choices, too.

Rabya-Khadija
November 29th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Thanks for sharing, love things like that haha :P

vanity_acefake
November 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Oh that was fun. Thank you for posting it.
:)

nellreno
November 29th, 2010, 04:08 PM
So, are celebrities not allowed to go out on windy days or something? Cuz most of those weren't bad do's, just pictures taken at bad times.

Mutinous
November 29th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Oh Britney. She needs the LHC :P

pepperminttea
November 29th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Interesting link. I actually liked a lot of them, but the captions were just... catty.

Um, we're all for Juliette Lewis' quirky style, but unless she's joining the Blue Man Group, this do hue is completely unacceptable.

Jared Leto needs to learn the cardinal rule of Mohawks: Don't do them.

Psh. A blue mohawk would look awesome. :D

mali
November 29th, 2010, 04:35 PM
I totally agree,pepperminttea!

The article is funny!

ravenlily
November 29th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Its nice to know that I´m at least in good company when I have a bad hair-day!:D

LisaMonster
November 29th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I hate stuff like this. Truly.

enfys
November 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
A lot of those were put forward as high fashion in their day, with magazines full of tips to copy them. Fashion is so fickle!

Quite a few were unjustified I think though. They were the less entertaining windy day padding out shots.

Smokering
November 29th, 2010, 06:07 PM
The "geometric buzz cut" 'do was actually kind of neat, I thought. Black hair gives a great smooth texture to carve designs out of - it's quirky and I like it. A labyrinth would look cool too. (Well, you know, for certain values of "cool"...) So there. :p

christine1989
November 29th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Some of those I actually liked but the majority were just awful! :)

twopoints
November 29th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Hair fads.... The one with Britney Spears was really bad though. Some of them were just hair blowing in the wind. :/

DakarNick
November 29th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I personally like Rihanna's hair, Cassie Ventura's hair, Shakira's two cornrows, and Jennifer Lopez's updo. I also like Kate Gosselin's bob/pixie/reverse mullet. But I am a guy, what do I know :)

Lianna
November 29th, 2010, 09:10 PM
It was fun to look, but lots were in the wind...and some didn't look that bad.

jaine
November 29th, 2010, 10:07 PM
Hmm, I thought the majority of them looked awesome!

Fethenwen
November 30th, 2010, 01:27 AM
So, are celebrities not allowed to go out on windy days or something? Cuz most of those weren't bad do's, just pictures taken at bad times.
That's what I thought too.

But damn I can't stand the American Idol porcupine look. But still, the Jersey Shore hair was far the worst.

alwayssmiling
November 30th, 2010, 02:06 AM
I agree some of them where ok/great? Poor Britney though. I think she would be better cutting those extensions off and starting again. Even when her hair is "done" it still looks pretty ropey. Whenever I get the temptation to get extensions put in I think of her and all her money!

VitisVinifera
November 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM
Most of them aren't so bad. But those weaves! They are, dare I say, unbe-weave-able:D

*Rose Red*
November 30th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Yes, Britney really looks bad! You can see all these extensions...

09robiha
November 30th, 2010, 07:08 AM
oh britney, britney, britney :( so wrong!

I love seeing celebs looking like normal human beings. Reminds everyone that there just the same as us but with a great make up artist and hair stylist on speed dial. Were all human.

mrs_coffee
November 30th, 2010, 07:15 AM
I'm so glad nobody cares enough to take pictures of my bad hair days and put them out there for everyone to see! :D

But I'm always puzzled by the bad extensions and weaves. Living in Hollywood and with so much disposable income, you'd think they'd be able to find better stylists.

lapushka
November 30th, 2010, 07:16 AM
When I was younger I sometimes used to wear a high bun like Jennifer Lopez. Can't figure out what's so wrong with that. :shrug: Most of the hair portrayed there doesn't look that awful or frightful, except maybe the one with Britney's hair extensions. Makes me feel sorry for her. :(

hmmm
November 30th, 2010, 07:27 AM
There was some very normal looking hair that they said was messy. Jennifer Aniston's hair looked fine to me, for instance.

Avital88
December 1st, 2010, 02:24 AM
some of them look awful! Finally a bad hair picture of Jennifer Aniston too haha..But she is always beautiful anyway

Avital88
December 1st, 2010, 02:25 AM
Lady gaga was scary too! she looks 10 years older

Antipodienne
December 1st, 2010, 02:39 AM
Yipes! Some of those are truly awful.

DecafJane
December 1st, 2010, 02:47 AM
That just made me so glad I'm not stalked by paparazzi just waiting to take a shot.
Everybody is entitled to look like crap on their down days, even famous people.

mariika
December 1st, 2010, 05:14 AM
Drew Barrymore with black tips looked great! They took the worst picture but when I saw that look when she sported it - I loved it! It was so fresh!!

Loreley
December 1st, 2010, 06:49 AM
I think Britney was the worst. ;) I like Helena Bonham Carter's messy hair. :D

mali
December 1st, 2010, 07:21 AM
I think Britney was the worst. ;) I like Helena Bonham Carter's messy hair. :D
I'm agreeing.Helena Bonham Carter had really interesting hair.

RoseRed27
December 2nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
The "geometric buzz cut" 'do was actually kind of neat, I thought. Black hair gives a great smooth texture to carve designs out of - it's quirky and I like it. A labyrinth would look cool too. (Well, you know, for certain values of "cool"...) So there. :p

Yeah, I don't see the problem with many of the styles. Most were just average hair on a windy day. I didn't know that if my hair gently brushed my face, that means I'm having a bad hair day. :confused: I didn't see anything I'd try, but honestly it's about context. Kanye is a rap artist. I would say it's a poor choice for a hair cut if he were an attorney. :p And his girlfriend who supposedly looks bad--she is considered one of the most beautiful models and she didn't get that status until she shaved her head. With hair, she looks fine, but she is one of those women who is striking without hair. Kinda like how Halle Berry looks better with short hair. (of course she's no ogre with longer hair;))

I hate stuff like this. Truly.

I understand where you're coming from. It can be comforting to see that celebrities are human and often we feel better about ourselves because "they have bad hair days too", but we shouldn't have to see someone look bad to feel comforted or good about ourselves. When a story like this highlights a celebrity's flaw or perceived flaw, how is the average person supposed to feel? Good? Because the celebrity is taken down a peg and closer to "our" level? Bad? Because if a fabulous person's perfect hair/legs/stomach/backside is subject to ridicule what does that say about the reader? :confused: I doubt many of the readers are just perfect bombshells. I am, but not everyone can be me. :cool: Some people say "Well, they put themselves out there so..." or, "We're just poking fun, they're rich and famous, they can handle it." (I'm not saying anyone here needs to see anyone fall to feel better about themselves, I'm just saying that's how some use these stories)

I remember a website said something about Jaden Smith's (Will Smith's son) blown out Afro. It wasn't even snarky, but the comments from readers on the picture....:nono: I hope that child never sees those hurtful racist comments. (Some were from black people!) I'm just saying that these people aren't bulletproof, and of course, don't look like a million bucks 24/7. I do, but we can't hold everyone up to my standard. :D

Juneii
December 2nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
I swear they were just finding stuff to be mean about. I actually liked many of the hairstyles on there (minus Britney and wind-in-hair ones). It's okay to want to convince yourself that movie stars are humans too but it's not okay to bash them mindlessly. It's embarrassing to read some of those comments - what if the actors or actresses read the comments? I wouldn't really appreciate someone saying that my hairstyles are old fashioned and ugly behind my back.

Raekwon
December 2nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
I liked Ke$ha's
Courtney Love's
Teresa Giudice's
hairstyles.

mali
December 2nd, 2010, 12:11 PM
I understand where you're coming from. It can be comforting to see that celebrities are human and often we feel better about ourselves because "they have bad hair days too", but we shouldn't have to see someone look bad to feel comforted or good about ourselves. When a story like this highlights a celebrity's flaw or perceived flaw, how is the average person supposed to feel? Good? Because the celebrity is taken down a peg and closer to "our" level? Bad? Because if a fabulous person's perfect hair/legs/stomach/backside is subject to ridicule what does that say about the reader? :confused: I doubt many of the readers are just perfect bombshells. I am, but not everyone can be me. :cool: Some people say "Well, they put themselves out there so..." or, "We're just poking fun, they're rich and famous, they can handle it." (I'm not saying anyone here needs to see anyone fall to feel better about themselves, I'm just saying that's how some use these stories)

I remember a website said something about Jaden Smith's (Will Smith's son) blown out Afro. It wasn't even snarky, but the comments from readers on the picture....:nono: I hope that child never sees those hurtful racist comments. (Some were from black people!) I'm just saying that these people aren't bulletproof, and of course, don't look like a million bucks 24/7. I do, but we can't hold everyone up to my standard. :D

Ditto,RoseRed27.Right on point.
I thought the pictures were actually funny,especially the witty comments the editors made.I didn't mean to put celebrities down,if that's what people understood.:whistle:

kabelaced
December 2nd, 2010, 02:45 PM
Drew Barrymore with black tips looked great! They took the worst picture but when I saw that look when she sported it - I loved it! It was so fresh!!

Totally agree! Apparently blonde-black is not okay, but ombre gradient hair (http://www.luuux.com/health-beauty/ombre-hair-hot-or-not-2) is fine? If Kate Moss had sported the look, it would have been "daring." :rolleyes:

Save for the real mishaps, i.e. Britney's and Kate Gosselin's extensions, I liked looking at all of the cool styles people thought of. The huge, over the top buns are not humiliating - they're really over the top and that's part of being an entertainer! (IMHO) All of the "beautiful people" nowadays all start to look the same if they get the same lobs and blonde dye jobs and whatever. I say YAY to innovation! :p

tigerlily38
December 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
There is no telling what their stylist get paid to create these styles.

mali
December 4th, 2010, 05:11 AM
There is no telling what their stylist get paid to create these styles.

True.:sushi:

Bianca
December 4th, 2010, 06:25 AM
How can bangs covering your eyes (gwen stefani) or hair caught by the wind be considered a bad hair day :rolleyes:

I actually liked most of the styles. Mila kunis's hair looks great and the second pic with shakira and her two side braids, looks über cooool.

Megan fox's hair looks like it was suppose to be in a bun, but she took it down.

Britney gotta be the worst. But hey, if I had a bunch of papparazies in my face whenever I left the house, you would find more bad hair days than good.

Of course, i'm not rich though, but I really dont think they are styled by stylists WHENEVER they go somewhere :ponder: