PDA

View Full Version : Washing method not compatible with oily scalp! HELP!

claviculanoctis
November 29th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I have SC till the age of 19. I never really questioned this method and never heard of any other method. Last summer aug 09 I cut my hair :D I have always considered myself to have thick hair but when I switched to CO my hair changed texture and thickness. I went from coarse hair to medium fine hair and overall circumference 1" less than before! Un-braiding a braid used to result in <i>extremely</i> puffy hair and now nice soft waves! :p From a clump in the wind to a whip in the wind! :eyebrows:

I do love the way CO works for my length, but having an oily scalp I had to stop! I have read there would be a "transition period" but its been 11 months and I still can't go more than 2 days without obsessing over the oil on my head! I do use powder just so I can get by the work day, but still have hair flat to my head!

I've stopped CO since august 10 one year later. I really wanted it to work for me, but obviously its not for me! Day 2 of my wash I CANNOT keep from scratching my scalp and picking off these little hard beads. Sometimes even day 1 1/2 after washing! with shedding! Its highly annoying and get strange looks from my boyfriend! haha

I need help! I'm leaning more to using shampoo once again (I don't get hard beads till second washing, 6 days apart then I massage jojoba oil to scalp pre wash. I tend to shed when I do this so I do it every other wash) I've done a lot of LHC searching, and

heres a short of what I have done: (Note: Day 1 begins after one night sleeping. So, the next morning)

-Co w/no cone. Day 1:soft/waves/shiny/very airy and light. Day 2(1/2) oily/itchy/flat to the head/quite a bit of shedding during. shed hairs with large plug when combing/hard beads. picking begins! A second night of sleeping. Solution:No sleep?

-Shampoo sulfate/diluted scalp only. Day 1:A lot of volume/flyaway near scalp/minimal shed during shower after shower/not as wavy or soft. Day 3: oily/no itch/no hard beads

-Alternate washing. I did 2 successful washings spaced 3 days with shampoo, but don't like my length. CO day 2 oily and itchy with soft length.

Which sulfate is most gentle? I'd love both scalp and length to be in happy harmony :confused: It seems ones always a day off, my length seems to be at its best when scalp is oily. Go figure..

spidermom
November 29th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Have you tried conditioner to length, diluted shampoo to scalp, rinse, conditioner to length again? That is what works best for my hair and scalp. I can use just about any shampoo but like Save Your Hair/Save Your Rainforest conditioner.

claviculanoctis
November 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Is it abbreviated as CWC ? Heh, today is Day 2 of itchy CO(no more CO after this!) so I might just try that. What do you consider the length? Ears to neck down? The last time I shampo'ed I found myself staring into a palm of conditioner debating this. I went with ears down and lightly condition near the scalp 2 inches from the root.
How does your hair behave after shower?

breezefaerie
November 29th, 2010, 02:21 PM
It is absolutely a CWC :)
I would consider the length, on me anyway, from my nape down. Too close to my ears and my hair looks oily.

claviculanoctis
November 29th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Hmmm I can definitely see how this would work. (hopefully it does!) I have some definite forum searching to do! CWC! :D

I've spent the last year searching conditioners, I think its time I found me a shampoo! Are there any recommendations?

isbmlamloi
November 29th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I have an oily scalp and CWC has changed my life. I definitely recommend it.

My Cs are both only applied to below-the-ears and down.

spidermom
November 29th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I don't do well with conditioner or oil near my scalp, so for me "apply to length" means from about shoulder-length down.

Unnamed
November 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM
I'm another that would suggest CWC! For me the 'conditioner on length' part is only from about shoulder on down--my scalp just won't take it.

claviculanoctis
November 29th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Have you tried conditioner to length, diluted shampoo to scalp, rinse, conditioner to length again? That is what works best for my hair and scalp. I can use just about any shampoo but like Save Your Hair/Save Your Rainforest conditioner.
Regarding dilution, do you dilute each wash or pre-made in an empty bottle with what I have read 1:7 dilution??

It took me a while to figure how to reply to a specific entry! I completely missed it even though to quote means...to quote. :hmm:
Next step is to figure how to return to a thread that I have posted in. Took me a while to come back to this :oops: