PDA

View Full Version : Severe itchy scalp

pz
November 29th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Good Morning,
I have been coing with vo5 for 7 years once a week. Somtimes I add brown sugar for a nice scrub. Once a month I clarify with H20 and apple cider. Lately I wash every 3 days because I have severe itcy patches and bumps and I can't help but scratch. I put aloe vera in these spots, but nothing helps. Does anyone have any advice? I finally got a script from the dermatologist, but until then what can I do?
Thank you in advance.
Happy holidays.
PZ
:rolleyes:

Roscata
November 29th, 2010, 09:48 AM
I'm actually battling with the same type of problem so I saved some links.
Treating seborrheic dermatitis with raw honey and virgin coconut oil. (http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?20789-Seb-derm-Treating-seborrheic-dermatitis-with-raw-honey-and-virgin-coconut-oil.)
Dry, itchy scalp treatments (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=6)

Hope you find them useful and good luck!

pz
November 29th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you Roscata. I will check these sites out. Good luck too!:)

Charlotte:)
December 1st, 2010, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure if this is the issue, but I find that if I don't use actual shampoo twice a week, my scalp gets really itchy from all the oil. Perhaps you could try that and see if it helps.

danacc
December 1st, 2010, 11:20 PM
What was the diagnosis from the dermatologist?

I have seborrheic dermatitis and my scalp hates conditioner. I only put it on the length. Have you recently switched to the CO washes, and was this happening before?

RadiantNeedle
December 2nd, 2010, 12:33 AM
I'd be doing AVC rinses each time you wash. If I go too long between ACV rinses my itches make me crazy.

Katze
December 2nd, 2010, 04:27 AM
You probably need to clarify or just wash with shampoo.

I have eczema/SD and if I only CO, my scalp gets like you describe. SMTs and vinegar only help so much; my scalp needs occasional sulfates in order to really get clean and avoid this problem.

Honey is antibacterial and soothing since it is a humectant, so an SMT would help, but I would recommend clarifying or shampooing beforehand.

smileycat
December 2nd, 2010, 04:48 AM
Did you check to see if Vo5 changed the formula on you?

pz
December 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Hmm. I will check to see if V05 (Where is Snowymoon?)changed the formula. I'm going to break down and use shampoo. I will get something natural from whole foods. I also think my hair is getting so long it might just be unmangeable for me. I have a 1 1/2 year old and I think I might not be taking care of my hair like I used too. I have not oiled it in quite a while.I am thinking of cutting it to a bob , but I'm not quite there. Usually when I cut I cry a lot about missing it.
Thanks everyone. I will keep you all up dated.
I still need to make an appt. with the dermatologist and I think I will add waterand aspirin to the shampoo mix. Much love and hair growth ladies and gentlemen.

CrowningGlory
December 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Are you sure it's related to your hair care routine?

Could it be (looks around first before whispering the word) lice?

I've been itchy for two months. DH checked my hair and couldn't see anything. I couldn't see anything. Went to the doctor who presribed hydrocortisone cream after examining my scalp. because all he could see were sores which I knew I already had. Cream didn't work. Cleaned my hair brush the other night after brushing my hair and got a terrible shock. Yep I have the nasty little creatures. Weeks and weeks of intense itching (apparently some are more sensitive to them than others) could have been avoided if I'd been able to identify the problem sooner.

(And still no one has seen any eggs. Thankfully it's only been a few live ones so thinking that my increased oiling, CO washing and ACV rinses have helped keep the numbers down.)