PDA

View Full Version : Is your hair longer on side?

Dreamkitty
November 29th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Months ago when my mum cut my hair, she slightly layered it.

And now the right side of my hair is BSL and is longer then the left side of my hair which is at APL. This is quite annoying because I hate looking at the shorter side of my hair in the mirror.

So I divided my hair into two plaits. And the right side looks 1.5inch longer.:confused:

My mum said she can cut my hair to make it equal but I said no thanks!

:( What can I do about this problem? anyone facing similar situation to me?

UltraBella
November 29th, 2010, 09:13 AM
My hair on the right side of my head always grows faster than the left side. I trim often because of this, I don't want my hair to look uneven. There isn't anything you can do but either live with it or trim it.

Dreamkitty
November 29th, 2010, 09:21 AM
My hair on the right side of my head always grows faster than the left side. I trim often because of this, I don't want my hair to look uneven. There isn't anything you can do but either live with it or trim it.

Well glad to know that this is normal:), my mum said she layered my hair properly and I remember her cutting my hair very accuraetly. So I don't know how there is 1.5 difference.

I don't like my hair looking even either but one side being at APL, other side at BSL I still have a long way to grow my hair, because its layered its not too noticeable. I guess I can trim it when I have achieved my goal length.:D Your so lucky though because you have long hair so trimming it a little bit wont hurt, you will still have long hair at the end. How much difference aprox is there between the left and right side of your hair?

Coan-Teen
November 29th, 2010, 09:23 AM
It's fairly common for parts of your hair to grow faster. The back of my hair grows much faster and thicker than the front so I always end up with layers unless I want to constantly cut the back. (For reference, no, I do not want to constantly cut the back. :) Hehe)

UltraBella
November 29th, 2010, 09:28 AM
I trim often enough that I have no idea how much faster the right side truly grows, but I am sure it would be significant if I let it just grow and did not trim it.

littlestarface
November 29th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Yea my hair always grows faster on the left than the right and the back also grows faster than the front :rolleyes: I have to trim it to make it even and even though I do I still get that stupid layered effect cause of the slow growth in front.

pepperminttea
November 29th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I don't think my hair grows faster on one side, but the hair on the left side of my head definitely grows thicker. There was a thread a while back and someone suggested it had something to do with the side you sleep on - the side of your head rubbing against the pillow might have higher circulation to aid growth. All theoretical, of course, but interesting to think about. :)

Eire
November 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
If you don't want to trim and yet the unevenness bothers you, maybe you could wear it in buns or a french twist?

Alix
November 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Change your part if you aren't liking the length difference, move it more over to the longer side, it might help it even it out.

My hair grows pretty evenly, however I have a LOT more hair on the left side of my head then the right which is weird.

little_cherry
November 29th, 2010, 11:50 AM
My hair grows faster on the left because I sleep on the right...so, now I'm applying MN to the right and sleeping on both right and left hand sides.

HoneyJubilee
November 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I don't think my hair grows faster on one side, but the hair on the left side of my head definitely grows thicker. There was a thread a while back and someone suggested it had something to do with the side you sleep on - the side of your head rubbing against the pillow might have higher circulation to aid growth. All theoretical, of course, but interesting to think about. :)

My left side is quite a bit thicker than my right side too. I sleep mostly on my right side, though, so I figured I just had more broken hair/damage on my right side from sleeping on it.

I know my hair doesn't grow out evenly everywhere, but I've never paid much attention to whether one side grows faster than the other. Now I'll be watching for that...

enfys
November 29th, 2010, 06:24 PM
My racer hairs are usually at the centre back of my head, but other than that I haven't noticed any uneven growth. Maybe it's because I'm a restless sleeper and toss and turn every which way...

Sunsailing
December 4th, 2010, 10:05 PM
When dry, my hair will be longer on the left side. Thus my stylist always leaves the right side slightly longer when she trims it.

There must be a difference in textures on each side of my head.

kitten1986
December 5th, 2010, 12:25 AM
my hair grows at uneven thickness...which is weird the right hand side is wayyy thicker than the left

DARKMARTIAN
December 5th, 2010, 12:30 AM
my hair is definitely grayer on the side....:o

littlenvy
December 5th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Is your hair longer on side?

LOL ... yes, yes it is. Few months ago I had this idea to do an Indian Herbal treatment to my hair. :rolleyes: Thankfully, I did a strand test first. It damaged that strand like crazy!! I TLCed it and TLCed it and its somewhat ok now but I have noticed some split ends. So I have been S&Ding ... that side LOL.
Just noticed the other day that my left side is almost 2" longer than my S&Ded right side.
Silly me!!!

growing2shine
December 5th, 2010, 09:18 AM
I noticed a few weeks ago that my hair grows quite uneven. It was time for a lengthshot and when I looked at the picture it was quite obvious that my left side was longer than my right. I bun all the time so it's not bothering me at all, but in next month it's time for a trim anyways, so then I will even it up. :D