PDA

View Full Version : Gold instead of Silver?

BrightBlack
November 29th, 2010, 07:36 AM
A few days ago while brushing my hair I saw something odd - a sparkle. After a moment of shock, bliss and devastation (it came out!) all was replaced by confusion.

The hair in question was thicker than most others, sparkly like tinsel... but gold. Not silver. As most of my hair is brown and not sparkly this has led to a few questions. I've never heard of getting gold hair...

I haven't found any others like it (bummer...) and just wondering if it's likely to happen again or was it probably some odd fluke?

PiroskaCicu
November 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Hmm well your hair is brown, right?
Well my natural hair colour is brown but i often would get "gold" hairs. I think they may be from the sun or perhaps something genetic but yes I did experience this before.

Very cool! Enjoy it :)

enfys
November 29th, 2010, 07:45 AM
My heart is in my mouth everytime I spot a goldie; I always wonder if it's my first grey. I don't mind the thought of going grey, I just don't want to yet ;)

I think it's part of having brown hair. It looks one colour but look closely and there's blonde to black and everything inbetween.

littlestarface
November 29th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Before I hennaed my white hairs would glow gold in the sun but I think mine was from using honey alot :lol: anyway still very pretty!

luxepiggy
November 29th, 2010, 10:05 AM
The same thing happened to me recently! Mine's still attached tho - very sparkly and definitely gold (^(oo)^)

I also found a random blonde hair (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57935) before that, so there's a chance you'll find more over time!

pepperminttea
November 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I find random gold and red ones, I'm a brunette. One of the joys of natural hair colour. :)

Harriet
November 29th, 2010, 12:37 PM
about 50% of mine are gold! I keep telling DBF to collect any stray hairs he finds as they're made of gold and worth a lot of money!

littlenvy
November 29th, 2010, 12:54 PM
A few days ago while brushing my hair I saw something odd - a sparkle. After a moment of shock, bliss and devastation (it came out!) all was replaced by confusion.

The hair in question was thicker than most others, sparkly like tinsel... but gold. Not silver. As most of my hair is brown and not sparkly this has led to a few questions. I've never heard of getting gold hair...

I haven't found any others like it (bummer...) and just wondering if it's likely to happen again or was it probably some odd fluke?
My son has that.
Its the most amazing thing. His hair is mostly ash blond with some shine to it, but once so often he has these sparkly gold hairs. They are super extra shiny.
Let me see if I can find some pics.

beez1717
November 29th, 2010, 01:39 PM
lol... this reminds me of my hair. My hair is black, but every onece in a while it seems that someone finds a white hair in my head. hehehe. How silly is that? Anyway, I think it would look cool to have snow white hair anyway... I'm such an anime fain in that way :)

Thinthondiel
November 29th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Oh, I had completely forgotten about my gold hairs... I used to find them occasionally when I still had my natural hair colour. :)

nytquill
November 30th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I always think I've spotted my first (well, second) gray hair too, and then nope! Just another blonde one. I'm a brunette no question, but I have many hairs that grow out blonde/gold from the roots. I just think about how much time and money I used to spend trying to get a "look" out of a bottle (highlights and "dimension") that my hair does naturally if I just leave it alone! :)

BrightBlack
December 1st, 2010, 06:01 AM
It'd be nice if this sort of thing happened more often! ^_^ Thus far I've gotten one silver and one gold in my life. Both were very cool but neither one stuck around.

I wish I had my manager's hair. She lucked out! She has thick, VERY dark brown hair (very nearly black) with light salt-and-pepper silvers. It gives her hair so many beautiful sparkles.... looks like tinsel (She's not a renegray, though, she occasionally dyes and makes me want to cry).

DARKMARTIAN
December 1st, 2010, 06:25 AM
lol... this reminds me of my hair. My hair is black, but every onece in a while it seems that someone finds a white hair in my head. hehehe. How silly is that? Anyway, I think it would look cool to have snow white hair anyway... I'm such an anime fain in that way :)

Well that reminds me of MY hair.....
My hair is almost black and I dont think ive ever seen a gold hair
Nope.....when you find anything on me its like your watching a television from the 1940's :o
I wish I had a gold hair :(

cmnt831
December 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM
When I joined this site and started doing S&Ds, I noticed that I have red and blond/gold hairs mixed in with my dark brown and silver hair. They've probably always been there, but I never noticed because dark brown was always the dominant color.