PDA

View Full Version : Pics of new highlights!

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Sorry curl lovers I blew it dry so I could tell how long and also to show the highlights better. This is natural sunlight too.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/curlsgirl/DSC01281.jpg
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/curlsgirl/DSC01282.jpg

justgreen
June 2nd, 2008, 06:24 PM
I love them! Isn't it neat when things work out and your hair is just so healthy?

n3m3sis42
June 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
The color is very pretty! :D

I love your curls, but the blow-drying does really emphasize how much hair you have. *envy*

DavidN
June 2nd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Your hair looks wonderful, Curlsgirl, and the highlights are beautiful!:flowers: Thank you for sharing.

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
I love them! Isn't it neat when things work out and your hair is just so healthy?

I am very happy!!! Thanks!

The color is very pretty! :D

I love your curls, but the blow-drying does really emphasize how much hair you have. *envy*I wouldn't do it all the time but it is fun once in a while! And thanks!

Your hair looks wonderful, Curlsgirl, and the highlights are beautiful!:flowers: Thank you for sharing.Thanks David! I appreciate it!!!

goldilocks
June 2nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
WOW!!!! your hair looks mahvalous dahling. Really it looks great. Now if mine would just get that long. (sigh)

Riot Crrl
June 2nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
Aw I do miss the curls ;)

But it looks really nice. I think we must have a very similar natural color. (Natural that is, at the moment they are quite different hahaha)

spidermom
June 2nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Oh my goodness; it's impressive how straightening shows hidden length. CG, it's getting so long! I hope it tolerates the highlighting well and keeps right on growing and looking as lovely as the new picture.

angelthadiva
June 2nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
I think your hair looks lovely and the highlights look natural! :)

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 06:46 PM
WOW!!!! your hair looks mahvalous dahling. Really it looks great. Now if mine would just get that long. (sigh):love: thanks!

Aw I do miss the curls ;)

But it looks really nice. I think we must have a very similar natural color. (Natural that is, at the moment they are quite different hahaha)Thank you!!!

Oh my goodness; it's impressive how straightening shows hidden length. CG, it's getting so long! I hope it tolerates the highlighting well and keeps right on growing and looking as lovely as the new picture.Thank you I hope so too! I am not going to grow to extreme lengths, maybe tailbone if that so I really think I'll be okay. I have pretty resilient hair anyway and it has always been able to "take" a lot! :eyebrows:

I think your hair looks lovely and the highlights look natural! :)Thanks!!!!

Fireweed
June 2nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
Your hair looks fabulous.

ladystar
June 2nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Very nice it looks so long.

hurricane_gia
June 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
What a nice, buttery color! And I agree with everyone who says it looks soooooo long when it's straight! Very cool.

I admire you for having the patience to blow dry all that hair. I would give up after half-my-head. :)

FrannyG
June 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM
Curlsgirl, you amazed me by posting these so quickly! :wink:

Well, Blondie, your hair looks simply gorgeous!!! Just look at how it shines in the sunlight! :sun:

It really does look healthy, Curlsgirl. Keep up the healthy treatment. Just beautiful! :inlove:

TammySue
June 2nd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Wowie! Gorgeous! I'm green with envy! :D

Rini
June 2nd, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hi Curlsgirl :waving: You know what, I think our colours look pretty similar now. I will admit to being disappointed to be deprived of viewing your gorgeous curls, but this is more than compensation for that :inlove: Did you blow dry that straight yourself?? Good job! And wow, isn't it getting loooooooong?? :flower:

Xandergrammy
June 2nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Wow! I'm a huge fan of your beautiful curls, but your hair looks beautiful!

Sherri
June 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Simply gorgeous. It looks as though your hair is almost glittery. I to like to straighten mine on occasion.

Patrycja
June 2nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
:swoon: I have always envied that color!! It rocks :rockerdud

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks so much all of you!!!

Rini, Yes I did blow it dry myself. I touched it with the curling iron ever so lightly to turn it under a bit but the rest is with a round brush and blow dryer. I used to do it all the time so I remembered! The trick now I have found is to use one of those little travel blow dryers and that way your arm doesn't get so tired! When I go to the salon they have to keep resting LOL!

Franny, you shamed me into posting the pics tonight! :D How could I have slept peacefully? Hee hee

tiny_teesha
June 2nd, 2008, 08:31 PM
it looks very natural, you have such beautiful thick hair and i love the colour too.

GlassEyes
June 2nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
Nice highlights. ^^

But wow, blow drying does make a difference. xD I prefer the curls so much more it's almost painful. XD

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 08:51 PM
Nice highlights. ^^

But wow, blow drying does make a difference. xD I prefer the curls so much more it's almost painful. XD

Oh I know I can't stand the straight hair for long either! After about 2 days I'll be wanting the curls back too! It IS nice to feel that it can be silky and longer though!

And thanks Tiny Teesha!

I really mean to thank everyone but it's hard to do each one individually! Please know that I really truly appreciate each and every post!!!! :love:

psvzum
June 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
Wow!!!!! Beautiful hair!!!! Love it both straight and curly : )

DecafJane
June 2nd, 2008, 09:53 PM
Your highlights look great! To be honest, I prefer your hair curly, but it also looks gorgeous straight! Lucky lady. :)

sahiba
June 2nd, 2008, 10:54 PM
OMG , I did'nt know your hair would look so different (to me) when blown dry. It looks very pretty and thick , and I love the colour of your hair.

RavennaNight
June 2nd, 2008, 11:03 PM
Very pretty and natural looking. The colorist is skilled and wow your hair is really long when its straight! Vewwy pwetty. :)

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Thanks thanks thanks!!!!! :flower:

paper
June 3rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
Just gorgeous! Very pretty color.

lilalong
June 3rd, 2008, 07:09 AM
I like the highlights! They look very natural. Probably more so when you hair is curly, no?

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 07:11 AM
I like the highlights! They look very natural. Probably more so when you hair is curly, no?

Thanks! You can see the darker parts when it's curly more. She did do highlights all through it though. I'll try to do a curly pic soon after I wash again, probably be a few days. :)

Emme76
June 3rd, 2008, 07:40 AM
Love your color......!!!! It looks very nice and healthy!!!
I would love some highlights in mine, but I am afraid of damage. What is your experience with this after having it done, cause yours looks great!?:)

/Emme

Lamb
June 3rd, 2008, 07:44 AM
Lovely color, and I do agree with everyone else: it looks very much longer than in the curly pics!
Still... I'd love to see a picture of how the highlights look in your curls, I'm sure it would be beautiful! Pretty, please...? ;)

missy60
June 3rd, 2008, 07:56 AM
Wow it beautiful! You are so brave I wimped out and only got a few to see how my hair would do. You are one of the gorgeous blondes now

Shermie Girl
June 3rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Oooo... Pretty! :D

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM
Love your color......!!!! It looks very nice and healthy!!!
I would love some highlights in mine, but I am afraid of damage. What is your experience with this after having it done, cause yours looks great!?:)

/EmmeMy hair is medium texture and when I used to color AND blow dry all the time AND iron AND rip through with a brush and comb I could NEVER have hair like I do now. It was only when I started babying it in every other way that I am able to grow long and do color. When I did it myself I only did it on the roots, haven't pulled through but only rarely in a while. Now what I am doing is stopping doing the root color and ONLY getting highlights and lowlights because 1) I Missed the blond and 2) I think it will be fine on my hair or I wouldn't do it. I have also been following Carolyn's and Justgreen's journey and they were a real inspiration. I don't know if it would be the same for everyone say if you had fine or brittle hair or something but I hope I will be okay. I have no doubt it would be even better shape without the blond but I want to ENJOY my hair, not tolerate it. That's just ME! :D

Wow it beautiful! You are so brave I wimped out and only got a few to see how my hair would do. You are one of the gorgeous blondes nowHow is your hair doing with it? Thanks! I really do love having it back!

Oooo... Pretty! :DThank you!!!

And thanks Lamb!! It may be a few days but I pwomise I'll do it!

Carolyn
June 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Wow! It looks great! You are so lucky you can have it both ways. I'd love to have curls like yours now and then. I'm so glad the high light worked out.

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Wow! It looks great! You are so lucky you can have it both ways. I'd love to have curls like yours now and then. I'm so glad the high light worked out.Your ears must have been burning when I mentioned your name! :D

I am glad it worked out too! Thanks! I admit I was kind of scared!

missy60
June 3rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
My hair has been sort of dry I just had to increase the amount of conditioner. I havent noticed any breakage or anything, but I have done a few protein treatments. It also seems like I have double the amount of hair I had before. I just got very light hightlights though but I think it looks much better.

spidermom
June 3rd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Curlsgirl, I wish I could get a picture of your straightened hair and my straightened hair side by side. Flat-ironed, I think my hair looks like I had highlights done. It looks quite different wurling and curling in 10001 different directions, though.

Carolyn
June 3rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Your ears must have been burning when I mentioned your name! :D

I am glad it worked out too! Thanks! I admit I was kind of scared!Getting color can be very scary. A lot depends on the stylist. The girl who does mine is a natural ashy blonde like I am and she really has an understanding of blonde hair. Aveda seemed to me to be the best alternative for staying blonde.

Islandgrrl
June 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
CG, so, so pretty! I love everything about it...the length, the color, the straightness (but I do adore your curls I think, even more!). So happy that it turned out the way you wanted it!

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Curlsgirl, I wish I could get a picture of your straightened hair and my straightened hair side by side. Flat-ironed, I think my hair looks like I had highlights done. It looks quite different wurling and curling in 10001 different directions, though.

Yes I think yours look like it has highlights too. Mine did before actually but I wanted them blonder. Boy are you right about it looking different with wurl/curls!!!

Thanks Islandgrrl!!! Very sweet!

Indigo Girl
June 3rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Curlsgirl, that color is lovely! Your hair looks so healthy in the photos, beautiful! :D

Guenever
June 3rd, 2008, 03:21 PM
Looks just fabulous! :D

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Curlsgirl, that color is lovely! Your hair looks so healthy in the photos, beautiful! :DAwwwwww thanks! Pictures always hide a bit!

Looks just fabulous! :D

Thanks Guenever! :love:

jojo
June 3rd, 2008, 04:45 PM
Love, love, love it! and you are getting super long hair, looks beautiful.

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
Love, love, love it! and you are getting super long hair, looks beautiful.Thank you so much! It actually FEELS long occasionally!

suicides_eve
June 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
very nice Curlsgirl!