PDA

View Full Version : Nordies, Ficcares and Oddness

SurprisingWoman
November 28th, 2010, 09:17 PM
My daughter recently moved to Texas and I took my granddaughter to the mall. While we were there we passed a Nordies and I went in to see an actual Ficcare in real life. I am not one that will go out of my way to go to Nordies or look at $40 hair toys but when the opportunity presents itself....

They Ficcares were okay. I didn't see $40 worth of wonderfulness there but I know they have a devoted following so there must be value in them to quite a few people.

While I was looking at the Ficcares the sales woman commented that I had a "lot" of hair, which I confirmed with my standard..., "yes, I do"

She then asked me something I haven't been asked for years....

"Is that your natural color?"

I was floored. Really??? Is this my natural color??? :confused:

Ummm, yes it is. *eyeroll*

My granddaughter and I laughed about it all afternoon.

Roseate
November 28th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Hey, get used to it (http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/04/grey-hair-young-fashion-trend)! Grey hair dye has been having a little fashion moment. And your silver looks so great, I can see why someone might try to copy it!;)

sarah061
November 28th, 2010, 10:06 PM
When I got my ficcare in the mail I thought the same thing! Yeah, it's made well and yeah it holds well... but, $40? I don't really see it.

And that's definitely a weird comment about your hair, haha

SurprisingWoman
November 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Roseate, I know being gray is the thing right now but honestly... I am an old, fat, no make wearing Nana. Not a trendy fashionista. Bizarre. The fact that I was at customer service icon Nordstrom just made it more strange.

Sarah061, I agree with you. The Ficcare is undoubtedly nice for some but I don't think I could ever justify the price tag. There are too many other options out there for me.

ravenreed
November 29th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I paid a lot more than $40 for my one and only Ficcare. I only bought it for the sparkle factor. I would never pay that much for another one since they don't work well for me. However, for the special occasion, I LOVE my ultra glittery clip.

bumblebums
November 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
The fact that I was at customer service icon Nordstrom just made it more strange.

Ah-ha, thanks for answering my only question ("what is Nordies?") :)

chelles2kids
November 29th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Roseate, I know being gray is the thing right now but honestly... I am an old, fat, no make wearing Nana. Not a trendy fashionista. Bizarre. The fact that I was at customer service icon Nordstrom just made it more strange.

By your post I would say that you are *much, much* more than that. I would defiantely call you "hip".;)
How many Grandmothers do you know who shop at Nordstroms, looking at such cool hair clips, that most people have never even heard of, with a head full of such beautiful, long, thick hair?
Most silver haired ladies wear it super short so I'm sure it took her by surprise when she saw you walk in.:D

Were you wearing it down that day? When I see people with hair like yours, I can't help myself but stop and stare...yes, I know, it sounds rude but in my case it's definately a case of admiring something that I long for myself & the fact that there just aren't that many of us long-haired folks around, or at least not in my "neck of the woods".:shrug:

Akiko
November 29th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Wow, your hair is truly stunning! Nordstrom clerk must have thought the same thing and could not believe it was real?

I thought the same thing about Ficcare at Nordstrom. My local Nordstrom carries quite a few of them. When I saw, I thought the same thing. They are OK. When I run along the edges of some, I felt some roughness. I did not like how my hair gets caught in the hinge. It's really not that hair friendly IMO. They are way overpriced, too. It's great you got to see them in person to evaluate.

Some love them obviously. But it's not for me.