PDA

View Full Version : My daughter used a razor as a comb to her hair!

yogachic
November 28th, 2010, 07:28 PM
After my 8r old daughter's shower I told her to get a brush and brush her hair, as I was in the kitchen making supper. She comes into the kitchen a few minutes later holding a comb up with a huge glob of hair hanging from it, with more coming out the ends of her hair and says "mom look at all the hair I'm losing!" After a closer look, she combed her hair with the razor we use for my older daughter's hair cuts! She has a bit of alfafaness going on, on the top! We had to laugh!

joiekimochi
November 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
OH DEAR!!! I hope it grows out and blends with the rest of her hair!

sunshine80
November 28th, 2010, 07:31 PM
omg! do you have to cut her hair now? That is going to be a great "remember when?" story...

christine1989
November 28th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Oh no! It is eaiser to do than you might think though. There are many times when I accidentally picked up my razor it the shower instead of my wide tooth comb to brush my hair. Luckily I snap to before any damage is done.

I'm glad your daughter wasn't hurt and I hope her hair makes a full recovery! :)

yogachic
November 28th, 2010, 07:38 PM
It could be much worse, she didn't do too much damage even though she lost alot of hair and it was all gobbed up in a big rat at the ends. We did have a good laugh over it.

jojo
November 28th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Oh dear! it could have been worse she could have tried washing her hair with hair removing cream! this will most certainly be " a remember when......" tale in years to come, hope you got a photo!!!

AnnaJamila
November 28th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Oopsie daisy!!! Lol, make sure you take pictures!

kwaniesiam
November 28th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Yikes! I heard a horror story at the salon I work at once. One of the other stylists uses a Paul Mitchell Carving comb, basically a texturizing razor that looks like a comb but has a blade in it. One time a client grabbed the comb to comb her hair and took a huge chunk out off of the top of her hair.

At least this will be a good story in a few years :lol: I remember when I was little I tried to cut my own hair once and ended up with it boy-short for a while.

ericthegreat
November 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
This will certainly be another funny story your family will all laugh at in future years to come. :p
The good thing that she used a razor instead of a scissor. A razor creates tapering, blended in layers so your daughter will most likely be able to easily grow out and disguise it.

IcarusBride
November 28th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Yikes! Maybe keep the hair-razor in a far away spot, like a locked box on top of the fridge, from now on? It'd be terrible to do the same thing to your hair as well :(

Lianna
November 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I'm glad everything is fine but I gotta say that's one scary title!!

beez1717
November 28th, 2010, 11:34 PM
eeep! I think this is a scary story! I'm glad your daughter didn't get hurt from the blade. I would say next time to hide the sizers and the blades and request a brush next time.....

MajorasMask
November 28th, 2010, 11:45 PM
That is the most precious thing ever ROFL!

aenflex
November 29th, 2010, 02:18 PM
The razor and the child having access to it....I'm sorry but that's not precious to me. That could have been bad.
Not to be rude, because I don't mean any offense at all. That's just a scary thing, I would lock it away.

walkinglady
November 29th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Take pictures! If you scrapbook this would be perfect to make a page or card with. Give it to her after she has her hair done for her first prom date!

Angelica
November 29th, 2010, 04:13 PM
That was scary! She could've really hurt herself and her poor hair. I hope you lock the thing away in future - poor girl! :(

bluesnowflake
November 29th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Oh no! Good that she's alright and didn't accidentally hurt herself. Hope her hair fixes easily.

PartyPickle
November 29th, 2010, 05:25 PM
We have one of those razor combs and I'm scared of it. I eye it warily every time I open the drawer its in. shudder:

embee
November 29th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Well, a razor comb is different from a regular razor, thank heaven, so she didn't get cut! I'm very glad she was only 8 and not 18.... and that you didn't freak out. Parents have to be so darn calm all the time - it can be a real challenge! ;)

My DD cut her bangs to the scalp when she was about 3 or 4, it was quite a shock!

KittyLost
November 30th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Take a picture! Then put it in the paper for her 18th birthday, that'll be a good embarassing story to laugh at in a few years :)