PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else doing 'The Snooki" while growing out?

annarose
November 28th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Thanks to Phistash I found out my new bang grow out just may be called The Snooki' (http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/0923-snooki-hair-pouf_bd.jpg)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/justdoinit/P1030738.jpg

:laugh:

Well maybe it's not AS big.

Anyone else do 'The Snooki' ?

jojo
November 28th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I love this look but it doesnt work in my hair is there a way of doing this without back combing? Ive tried the comb like things you keep in your hair but they dont work for me :( I do like the look though.

Igor
November 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM
It was really popular here some years before Jersey Shore. Unfortunately I don’t think it fits every face shape :shrug: Some girls looks better pulling it to the side to widen their foreheads and make the oval shape clearer instead of pulling it up, which can make the jawline huge
But yea, pulling it up, “poofing” it and secure it with two, crossed bobby pins. That was huge :lol:

enfys
November 28th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I did that while growing my hair out. I still have no idea who/what Snooki is but I was doing it before I ever heard of her!

Jojo, I did a little pouf without problems by taking the front section, twisting it once just to hold together then pushing it forward to pin. For a larger one I use Bumpits but instead of backcombing I use hairspray to encourage my hair to stand higher. I do a CO to get the hairspray out and my hair never gets upset. I might try using standing pincurls as another method, but that's just an idea. I also bought a curly ponytail cover thing that I backcombed to use as a rat!

Ravenne
November 28th, 2010, 09:25 AM
DBF's sister does this a lot. Their dad always pokes fun at her for it. He calls it "The Poof."

jojo
November 28th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I did that while growing my hair out. I still have no idea who/what Snooki is but I was doing it before I ever heard of her!

Jojo, I did a little pouf without problems by taking the front section, twisting it once just to hold together then pushing it forward to pin. For a larger one I use Bumpits but instead of backcombing I use hairspray to encourage my hair to stand higher. I do a CO to get the hairspray out and my hair never gets upset. I might try using standing pincurls as another method, but that's just an idea. I also bought a curly ponytail cover thing that I backcombed to use as a rat!

Thanks for that, bumpits didnt work forme but the pincurl thing might just work thanks x

enfys
November 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks for that, bumpits didnt work forme but the pincurl thing might just work thanks x

I couldn't get them to work without backcombing before I tried the hairspray sheet effect. I think it sticks the hair into a sheet so the teeth don't come through. Then I just have to mould the sheet, pin and hairpray the front. I do this so rarely the hairspray isn't a problem, but if you don't do badly with hairspray and still have the Bumpits it could be worth a try?

Unofficial_Rose
November 28th, 2010, 09:57 AM
Everyone was doing this in my location earlier on this year. It's a good way to get a growing-out fringe out of your eyes.

It looks really good also with the rest of the hair in a med/high ponytail.

09robiha
November 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM
thsi was being done a LONG time before Snooki came along in my high school. We just called it a quiff.

mellie89
November 28th, 2010, 10:25 AM
I did that a lot while I was growing out my bangs a few years ago. It was all the rage at my high school at the time, as were inverted bobs. If you did the poof thing WITH an inverted bob, you were just beyond cool. :rolleyes:

It's actually a terrible look for me. I have a giant forehead, and the poof showcases it perfectly.

ItsMyHair
November 28th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Yes, I do it. As I'm growing out my bangs, my little poof keep getting bigger.

phistash
November 28th, 2010, 11:57 AM
thsi was being done a LONG time before Snooki came along in my high school. We just called it a quiff.

Well yes, it was the thing long before Snooki, but hers is sort of the eponymous poof, no?

freckles
November 28th, 2010, 12:12 PM
I've never heard it called this and I don't know who Snooki is, but yes, I do this :) (A small one like yours though, not like at this link!) I'm not growing out bangs/fringe, I just like it :)

rachelily
November 28th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I am! And actually back when I didn't have bangs I could never get good volume - it was too heavy and could "collapse". But now I can do it right!

Love the name :) Here's my Snooki:

http://i52.tinypic.com/2r2w3fn.jpg

Tabitha
November 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
It was really popular here some years before Jersey Shore. Unfortunately I don’t think it fits every face shape :shrug: Some girls looks better pulling it to the side to widen their foreheads and make the oval shape clearer instead of pulling it up, which can make the jawline huge
This is what I do. I just experimented with the Snooki and ... just, no. :scared:

It's actually a terrible look for me. I have a giant forehead, and the poof showcases it perfectly.
:agree: that's me!

Speckla
November 28th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks to Phistash I found out my new bang grow out just may be called The Snooki' (http://www.glamour.com/beauty/blogs/girls-in-the-beauty-department/0923-snooki-hair-pouf_bd.jpg)

:laugh:

Well maybe it's not AS big.

Anyone else do 'The Snooki' ?

Very cute.

InTheCity
November 28th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I love this look but it doesnt work in my hair is there a way of doing this without back combing?

Sure there is! It won't give you a huge poof but take a little hair from the front back, twist it from behind and "push" toward the front a little before pinning. I've never backcombed my hair to get a little pouf.

ericthegreat
November 28th, 2010, 02:51 PM
Snooki certainly didn't invent this style. I've seen the puffed up bangs look wayyy before Jersey Shore back in the 90s, and I'm pretty sure the style has been around even longer than that.
Its a very simple style to do, grown out bangs are just at the right length to give that 'poof' look when they are pulled back and hairsprayed into place.

christine1989
November 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Back when I had bangs I never tried to clip them back. I just loved all of the stages of growing them out. Just talking about bangs makes me want them again :).

annarose
November 28th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Rachelily that is so cute! I wish I had your volume of hair to get a good one like yours.

Tabitha you make me laugh.

"This is what I do. I just experimented with the Snooki and ... just, no. :scared: "

rachelily
November 28th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Rachelily that is so cute! I wish I had your volume of hair to get a good one like yours.

Thanks! The poof tricks my hair into thinking it has volume, actually. I have very flat hair! I just use lots of pins and do what someone described above, where you put it into place with your fingers, push it forward, and pin.

freckles
November 29th, 2010, 03:17 AM
I also use the 'twist, push forward, pin' method. I can't make it big, but it makes my hair look like it has a little volume :)

mrs_coffee
November 29th, 2010, 05:01 AM
That is my favorite way to tame the growing out bangs. My hair doesn't have much of a poof, though. "The Snooki" is a cute name. Jersey Shore is such an entertaining show.

Arya
December 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM
I do it when I need to hide my oily bangs. ^__^

rosieex3
December 2nd, 2010, 04:04 PM
I do that too! Especially if the top of my hair is acting funky. :) Except I usually bring the clip over more to one side. Like this:
(Such an old picture, from last winter - my hair was black! But you can see how I clip it on the side)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2jb43n.png

rachelily
December 3rd, 2010, 08:28 AM
That is super cute rosieex3!

aenflex
December 3rd, 2010, 08:34 AM
Well I don't consider that 'snooki's' look :) Ha ha but I can see why it's gotten that moniker!!
Girls used to wear it like this in the 80's and late 90's, at least girls in my schools.
I have always loved the way Jennifer Anniston takes a little strip of bangs and just clips them to the side with something tiny. But you do kinda need longish bangs for that...

Mexibeach
December 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Yup, I'm totalling doing that... though not quite as big as snooki's!

Sheltie_Momma
December 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I do this all the time, kind of gives a long pony tail some style (or at least that is what I tell myself!) Mine is not snookie-big, about the same as rosieex3 above. I also like to do the bangs like this and then have them twist back into a little braid. I'm 38 (almost) - is this too young for me? Eh...I don't really care.

CaityBear
December 8th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I saw that around before Jersey Shore and most people just called it a poof.

I tend to do it because I have to have bangs (or else my face looks weird) and when they get annoying I put them back like that with a bit of a poof (probably about the size of yours) because, again, if it's flat I look weird.

But I don't ever backcomb it or tease it. Most people tease their hair to do that, but I just twist and push it forward a bit.

I will forever remember this Youtube video I watched a loong time ago where this girl was backcombing her hair for whatever hairstyle she was doing and her hair LITERALLY stood straight up once she was done backcombing...that was baaad!