PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Childhood Hair Style

Dragon
November 28th, 2010, 02:03 AM
What was your favourite childhood hair Style?

Mine was two pony tails.

Loreley
November 28th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I loved wearing it loose. My mum always braided it and I wasn't allowed to wear it loose, except on special occasions.

Watergallop
November 28th, 2010, 02:58 AM
I had short hair with bangs as a kid, and my favorite thing to do was to put my bangs in a ponytail at the top of my forehead/base of my hairline. I called it "The Unicorn." It never caught on... maybe because my mom wouldn't let me go out in public that way... :laugh:

joiekimochi
November 28th, 2010, 03:05 AM
I had short hair with bangs as a kid, and my favorite thing to do was to put my bangs in a ponytail at the top of my forehead/base of my hairline. I called it "The Unicorn." It never caught on... maybe because my mom wouldn't let me go out in public that way... :laugh:

OMG I did the exact same thing and called it The Unicorn as well! Except I was in high school then and everyone thought I was crazy for walking around school with a ponytail on my forehead.

I thought I was being "cool".

ETA: My 300th post!!! THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA~

luxepiggy
November 28th, 2010, 04:07 AM
Cinnamon bun with pretty chopsticks - I didn't come up with the pork bun until my university years (^(oo)^)v

pepperminttea
November 28th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I wore mine down most of the time, but I liked wearing half-ups - though neither I or my mother was very good at them, and hairs from the lower layer always got tangled round the hairtie, so taking them out was painful. A couple of babysitters used to like playing with my hair, and detangled and braided it for me. Good memories. :)

Coan-Teen
November 28th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I loved wearing it down or braided. I used to bug my mother constantly to do lots of little braids so I could have curly hair.

smileycat
November 28th, 2010, 07:13 AM
My hair was loooooong until I was 12, and my mother styled it almost daily. Very rarely was my hair down. My top three styles:

1. curls in a halo done with pink sponge curlers on wet hair overnight
2. high braided bun
3. two French braids

Boy did I hate sleeping in those sponge curlers!

BeachBabe91
November 28th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Half up, half down.

windinherhair
November 28th, 2010, 08:28 AM
I liked 2 french braids.

noelgirl
November 28th, 2010, 09:43 AM
When I was really little, like 4-6, I liked my hair down with a ribbon tied like a headband with the bow at the front, like Snow White!

Crackaleen
November 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
My hair was never allowed to get past shoulder length when I was little so I was a bit more limited. My daily style was half up for a while and then later on just a regular pony.

snip...
I liked wearing half-ups - though neither I or my mother was very good at them, and hairs from the lower layer always got tangled round the hairtie, so taking them out was painful.

Oh yes, I had that issue too. Still do if I'm not careful. :laugh:

IStand4u
November 28th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I remember those days, I loved my hair in 2 braids (any style, french, dutch, etc...) I also loved it loose :)

DorothyAtForty
November 28th, 2010, 10:16 AM
When I was young, I liked wearing my hair down with a headband on my head, or a side ponytail (yes, the 80s). :) My hair used to be long (tailbone length) and the kids at school used to call me Cousin It.

Dreamkitty
November 28th, 2010, 10:23 AM
I loved wearing it loose. My mum always braided it and I wasn't allowed to wear it loose, except on special occasions.

Exactly same here!. Even when my hair was shoulder length my mum always tided a hairband, ponytail or plait.:D But I always wanted long hair which was out.

Demetrue
November 28th, 2010, 11:08 AM
I wore it just like the little girl in my avatar - 2 braids, either down long our made into a braid crown, like milkmaid or heidi braids.

enfys
November 28th, 2010, 11:59 AM
High bunches, unbraided, so I could pretend they were dog ears.

I liked dogs. Heck, I still like dogs. Probably more than then.

boomtownrat
November 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Until I was about nine or so, my hair was kept in a pageboy with bangs/fringe, around mid-neck length to shoulder length. Then I briefly decided that I wanted to grow it long, but it never got past APL. After I started growing it out, I didn't like to wear it all up, but I didn't like to leave it all just hanging down. I never did anything fancier than a half-up ponytail or a barrette on each side (I had rainbow feather ones that I loved, and another pair that had a line of blue and purple clear plastic balls on top). For a little while I used a banana clip like a lot of the other girls did in the '80s, which I later liked to put over my eyes and pretend to be Geordie from "Star Trek: The Next Generation." :D

My arms would get too tired if I tried to braid my own hair, although a girl in Girl Scouts did French braid my hair once when it was only a little longer than shoulder length and I remember being amazed that it was possible to do that with MY hair. :)

jtl45
November 28th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I remember growing up in very hot Oklahoma with a mother who grew my hair down to my waist when i was a young boy. As crazy as it sounds, I loved it in the summer when she would wash my hair and roll it up in lots of foam sponge rollers. It was awesome to have my hair up and get relief from the heat!
Jim

Adiva
November 28th, 2010, 07:40 PM
I use to love when my mum put my hair in rags (I still love ringlets actually!)
In high school I use to put my hair half up or leave it out with a small scalf around to keep my fringe out of my face.

ancilla
November 28th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I usually liked my crazy wurly lion's mane down, or in a half up.

Watergallop
November 28th, 2010, 08:38 PM
OMG I did the exact same thing and called it The Unicorn as well! Except I was in high school then and everyone thought I was crazy for walking around school with a ponytail on my forehead.

I thought I was being "cool".

ETA: My 300th post!!! THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA~

Haha that's hilarious! Right on!

Maddy_T
November 28th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Mum usually plaited my fringe and pinned it back at the crown, then put the rest in a pony tail or another plait... i looked a little bit like a dinosaur looking at photos :/ but at the time i thought i was SOO cool, haha.

Speckla
November 28th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Two pigtails ala Cindy Brady style.

christine1989
November 28th, 2010, 09:01 PM
I liked the side ponytail and (when my mom had time to do it) the princess leia style crown braid.

Merlin
November 29th, 2010, 02:11 AM
Mine was always sort of scruffy and short, but I've been thinking back into the days when I was at school and what sort of hair the girls had. Clearly back then with the Anglo Saxons...

JulietCapulet
November 29th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Braided pigtails or crimping.