PDA

View Full Version : Another No Heat Curls Tutorial

Capybara
November 27th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I thought the results this girl got in her video were really pretty! Granted, she did use heat, but I'm sure you could get the same results without heat. (She says she only used heat because she was in a hurry).

The video in question: http://www.youtube.com/user/beauty4passion#p/u/2/4xKpsfyweBs

Anyways, I'll be trying this (or something similar - I don't know if all of my hair could fit onto one bobby pin :rolleyes: ) sometime within the next week or two, anyone care to test drive the style with me?

enfys
November 27th, 2010, 07:19 PM
What a crazy look!

I'm really chuffed so many people are realising that not using so much heat on your hair is better for it. One of my friends who is a regular person, not trying to grow to crazy lengths, realised that it was straightening thinning her hair now she just finished it with a dryer to keep the layers in shape. She's thrilled with how good her hair look just from that!

I'll not be able to do this but I might point her too it; she's been looking for curling ideas. Thanks for sharing.

Capybara
November 27th, 2010, 07:27 PM
It is pretty crazy! I like it :)

I just thought, the winding the hair around the pins reminds me of the snake waves tutorial in the articles section here on LHC - probably why I liked the tutorial so much, cause I love how snake waves turn out in my hair! :p

enfys
November 27th, 2010, 07:35 PM
It is pretty crazy! I like it :)

I just thought, the winding the hair around the pins reminds me of the snake waves tutorial in the articles section here on LHC - probably why I liked the tutorial so much, cause I love how snake waves turn out in my hair! :p

That was my first thought! Well, obviously not that you thought of and liked snake waves. That'd be weird.

Capybara
November 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
That was my first thought! Well, obviously not that you thought of and liked snake waves. That'd be weird.
Hahaha! All weirdness aside, I sense a "great minds" cliché..

Synthemesc
November 27th, 2010, 07:49 PM
Ooh, we were doing this on Edwardian wigs in class the other day. Must admit I was tempted to ditch the wig and try it on myself. :P

Olyve
November 27th, 2010, 08:01 PM
I love how it looks!

I am going to attempt this tonight..I have one in my hair and it is not easy. LOL

Angeletti
November 27th, 2010, 10:05 PM
It's cute but I'm afraid I'd run out of room on the bobby pin, maybe I'll try the next wash day and find out.

Demetrue
November 27th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I remember some people did this type of set using long thin strips of fabric - they folded the fabric strip in half and started weaving at the midpoint of the fabric. The added bonus is that you can make the strips as long as you need to and you can tie the ends together to keep each "roller" in place.
It's like you are making a very tight braid using a piece of hair and the two sides of the fabric strip.

Olyve
November 27th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I have a mini-fro :bigeyes:
I do not think my hair likes these kinds of "tricks" :o

Pics were taken after I was able to tame it.

http://i54.tinypic.com/331j0wz.jpghttp://i55.tinypic.com/fa1xmr.jpg

Watergallop
November 28th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I think the girl's hair looks crimpy more than curly... and I think if I tried it I would look like a super 1980s mermaid Barbie. Cute on her though.

Olyve
November 28th, 2010, 03:17 AM
^^ that is EXACTLY what my hair did.

Khiwanean
November 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I also noticed this user has two other tutorials on how to curl hair without heat. The other tutorials appear to be rag and pin curls, though having never done either, I'm not quite certain about that.