PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of "grower" are you?

SarahBeth
November 27th, 2010, 05:32 PM
So, what kind of grower are you?

A. Are you an anxious grower? Do you stress over every inch of new growth? Try everything under the sun to achieve faster growth? Think "hair" morning, noon and night?

B. Are you a relaxed growing. Do you let nature take it's course, certain you will reach your goal in time?

C. Are you able to completely ignore you hair? Did you look in the mirror one day and think " holy cow, I've got long hair, now where did that come from?"

D. Maybe you're a different kind of "grower".

Chime in and let's find out!

Just for the record, I tend to be an A. , but am striving to find B-like calm and self-possesion.

AnnaJamila
November 27th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Hmmm.... I'm a mixture of A and B somewhat more to the side of A... But I'm not TOO stressed about it!

LocustSpawning
November 27th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Definitely A. Wish I could be a B or a C though!!

Roseate
November 27th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I've moved from A, to B, to C. With occasional leaps back to A from time to time!

sunshine80
November 27th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Great question! OMG I am A all the way! I didnt used to be until my hair got burned all the way to my scalp and now I am starting over from the top ugggghhh... but yes I am obsessed! I would sit in the mirror and watch it if i could lol!

Roscata
November 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Definitely A.

enfys
November 27th, 2010, 05:47 PM
B.

I can't make it grow any faster or better. I can't live for my hair. As long as I look after me my hair will sort itself out. BUT I can't totally ingore it; I've done that and recently noticed two million split ends on my growing out layers. Benign neglect is not something my hair is willing to take on!

Lianna
November 27th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I used to be an A two or three months ago, but I think it was because my hair was a lot shorter. I'm a B now, hoping to be a C soon! After all I'm on this site, so at least a few times a day I think about hair, but I don't obssess much or measure it anymore.

I think there's always something new to learn, that's why I check in here.

luxepiggy
November 27th, 2010, 05:50 PM
I'm totally a C, probably because I've had long hair ever since I was a kid, so I've never really had to suffer through a "growing it out" phase. For me it always feels like "I swear I just cut my hair, how did it get all the way down there again??"

redneckprincess
November 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I say an A but I try to be a B exspecially now that my hais is almost longer then its ever been.

Madora
November 27th, 2010, 06:12 PM
I'm firmly in the "B" category. :)

Kristin
November 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I was an A until recently, but now I'm definitely a B. My original goal was waist and I'm passing that now, so I think my anxiety about growth has eased for the time being.

silverjen
November 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
I'm an A, but I can see myself moving into the B category as soon as my hair is long enough for 1 or 2 updos.

eezepeeze
November 27th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I'm mostly a C, but sometimes a B. Mostly, I ignore my hair length unless it grabs my attention somehow, like recently in the shower when I felt it brushing just below waist. I was like "Wow! I'm finally at waist! When did that happen?", which I consider a B reaction....I guess...:-)

Carrie Ingalls
November 27th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I am a C all the way. I never had a goal length and I never consciously started growing it out. I put it up and forget it, when I am going a while between washes, I oil it, put it up and wear a buff as a really wide headband. Though I do pay attention (at least a little) to the products that I use and when I have time I do some S&D.

Even though I know --in my head-- how long my hair is when I see it in a floor length mirror or see pictures of it I am still a little wowed by it...for some reason I don't really feel like it is "crazy long," you know only about fingertip length.

mira-chan
November 27th, 2010, 06:29 PM
D. I go though phases of lament over ends but mostly it's up and I don't think about it. I'm at my goal so not actively growing anymore anymore.

ooo
November 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM
I'd like to be C, but I'm A :o

Feng-Shui
November 27th, 2010, 07:10 PM
I am at some times B and at other times C.:shrug:

It depends on it as much I is busy with other things.

EleanorRigby
November 27th, 2010, 07:15 PM
A, i wish i could be B

Anatheme
November 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
I'm a B. I don't do anything to try and achieve faster growth, I'm content in knowing with time it will grow. :)

Anywhere
November 27th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I switch from A to B whenever I exhaust myself and accept that nothing will make it grow faster. Currently in the A stage due to my hair thinning out. Gah.

Armelle
November 27th, 2010, 07:22 PM
erm, D for 'Obsessive Grower'. :D
My hair gets the benign neglect treatment except for conditioner when it's dry. I now take vitamins with biotin because I needed vitamins anyways and thought 'Why not?'
BUT...
I obsess over hair, mine and everyone else's. "Look, look...it's long ain't it? Ain't it? And that person's hair is long too! Ain't it COOL!"
I'm sure my friends and coworkers have had about enough. :hatchet:

Rivanariko
November 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM
When I first joined I was in the A stage for a while, and pretty excited about the idea that it COULD grow longer! Now that I've secured the idea in my head that it's not going to stop growing, I'm more on the B side, with the occasional C. I stalled for a while last winter, so I stopped worrying about it. Next thing I knew, I was at TBL! Kind of fun.

Heartwillfollow
November 27th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I'm a B without the " certain that it will grow on time..."

remidosi
November 27th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I was firmly a "C" ...until I found LHC! :p

Now with all the reading and experimenting I sheepishly admit to being an "A." But once I find what works best, I'll relax into a "B" or "C" and get on with my life. Best to just let obsession run its course for me.

Nae
November 27th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Well, I am mostly a B. I was an A for a bit at that awkward stage between pixie and shoulder but now, I can put it up which makes me happy. I will get there eventually. Sometimes I go A over the color- not color question. Argh.

Coan-Teen
November 27th, 2010, 07:55 PM
I'm mostly a B but occasionally I do get very frustrated and want it grow longer, NOW! :) That's just impatience, though. For the most part I'm teaching myself benign neglect so I can get past the danger zone of shoulder length which is when I've always cut in the past.

boomtownrat
November 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Before I joined LHC, I was a B with some C tendencies. Now I'm becoming something of an A, at least until I get past this '70s shag helmet monstrosity. Once I get to where it's a bob, I will probably return to my B nature. :)

jeanniet
November 27th, 2010, 09:11 PM
B, with the occasional foray into A or C. For the most part, my obsessions right now aren't so much with hair growth as playing around with hair care--herbs, DTs, things like that. So I'm focused on my hair, but it's more on how my hair is affected by what I do to it, if that makes any sense. :D

DARKMARTIAN
November 27th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Im a hopeless grower...because sometimes I think my hair has reached its terminal point.
Not sure what letter that would be........."E" I guess....:o

tinti
November 27th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I think I'm an A with hints of B and C. I'm impatient and want it to be waist without layers NOW! I take Silicia whenever I remember. I'm a periodic obsesser. But sometimes people have to tell me that my hair is actually longer than I thought. I wish I was a B or C all the way. I have a feeling that when all of my bangs are able to go behind my ear and when my shortest layers are at SL or able to go in my englsh braids I'll be a bit more relaxed.

Druid of Alba
November 27th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm a B. I do care about my hair, and I certainly notice its progress, but I don't obsess either.

Monkie
November 27th, 2010, 09:25 PM
I'm an 'A', but I think maybe once I get in to the Shoulder to APL Phase I might calm down a bit. Right now it's still pretty obvious when it is going through a growth spurt.

Demetrue
November 27th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately, I'm an A all the way, but that's because my hair is much shorter than I want it to be at the moment. I'm hoping that when all the layers and bangs finally get past shoulder I can switch over to a B.

Gilly
November 27th, 2010, 09:36 PM
I am an A for sure! Currently taking DE for more growth and checking the back in the mirror to make sure I have the stupid step that turns up in my hair when it gets to a certain length, under control!
I think once I get the step to the top of my back I will be happier and will probably move to a B:cheese:

Islandgrrl
November 27th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Somewhere between a B and a C. It's going to do what it's going to do and I don't worry about it.

Meagan
November 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I use to be a stressed grower.....now i dont care as much and ignore it

MajorasMask
November 27th, 2010, 11:09 PM
A mixture of a and b.

Juneii
November 27th, 2010, 11:11 PM
generally a B/C person, although there are lapses where I desperately want my hair to be longer (so I can pull off more styles).

Cowgirl16
November 27th, 2010, 11:17 PM
I was a C with a bit of B mixed in...Since joining LHC I am now a B with a bit of A mixed in. I am merely inches away from classic and I'm getting impatient:rolleyes:

Sayuri
November 27th, 2010, 11:53 PM
I'm "Mad-Hair" Moody. Mostly I'm B, sometimes I'm C, but every second day or so when I'd like to try a new bun I'm freaking out because my hair is still too short :mad: Okay in the moment I'm definitely A...

Alcenaia
November 28th, 2010, 12:52 AM
B, although I have flirted with A and C here and there.

Loreley
November 28th, 2010, 01:55 AM
I think I'm a B. Sometimes an A. :)

Masara
November 28th, 2010, 02:00 AM
I started here as an A. Checking my length every day/week, calculating how long it will take me to get to shoulder/BSL/waist ...
Once it got beyond APL-ish, I became more of a B, It was growing, I could put it up, it would get there eventually.
I still get the odd A moments, usually just before a milestone when I start to wonder when (if) I'm going to get there.

I'm not so much a C. I think being here means that I'll always be too aware of my hair to get to that state.

Jules diamond
November 28th, 2010, 03:05 AM
For the first 10 months that I was here, I was an A. My hair just couldn't grow fast enough. Now I'm a B and C. I tend to forget about it for a month or two, then look back and go "woah!" and then be more conscious of it for a week or two after that. Although I always want it to grow faster, I know I'll be at my goal by this time next year, so I'm in no rush.

rapunzhell13
November 28th, 2010, 04:12 AM
I started as an A, but nowadays I fluctuate between B and C. I'm happiest as a B.

mali
November 28th, 2010, 04:20 AM
B.Relaxed grower.

MinderMutsig
November 28th, 2010, 04:50 AM
I'm a B posing as an A.

I don't stress out over growing my hair, it will get there eventually. But I do measure it a lot out of curiosity. I've been measuring weekly since joining but then I write the number down for my own records and forget about it again.

Chrissy
November 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM
I'm a B. I don't freak out over shed hairs.....the thought of counting shed hairs is odd to me. I don't cut/trim at the full moon. I don't have 5 bazillion hair toys. I don't take the time to mix up solutions for my hair.

I wish I was a bit of an A. I guess if I was better at styles I'd want more hair toys. I'm just not good at styles. I do try and use shampoos that are nice to my hair. I do like taking length photos to see my progress.

I used to be an avid blow dryer and now I'm not so much. Only in a pinch if I'm running late. I do try and be gentle when combing/brushing my hair.

So I love having long hair (for the most part) and I try and take good care of it. I just don't obsess and yes some days I just want to chop it all off!! :)

PS: Just to add so no one who does all those things gets their feelings hurt. I think all those things that I don't do are great! I just don't care to take the time to do them nor do I see the need.

summergame
November 28th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Really A...I spend almost all my money i've got to hairproducts and oils to have a quicker grow..But non of them works for me..Wish i lived somewhere i could buy in stores indian products and herbs...When you order online there is so much shipping costs :(

brunette
November 28th, 2010, 06:26 AM
At first I was an A but then it gets to a point where you learn to be patient and kind of forget about it. I didn't forget about being gentle or things I wanted to avoid, but I stopped being so anxious for my hair to reach a particular goal.

spidermom
November 28th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I started out as A, but once I reached hip length, I've had a much more casual relationship with my long hair and became more a B.

Crackaleen
November 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I've always been more of a mixture of B and C, but since joining LHC I've found myself checking on my length progress more often.

Moonsheep
November 28th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Definately A! It's frustrating, especially because my hair breaks all the time.

But! When it comes to my bangs I am a C. I cut it all the time, and yet it's right before my eyes again within a week or two.

jujube
November 28th, 2010, 10:24 AM
A because I'm growing out a pixie, and it's probably the worst part of growing it out. Once I pass shoulder, I'll be more of a B.

littlenvy
November 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I will go for D.
I just want it to be healthy. I'm not in a hurry to grow it long, I just want to grow it healthy and as thick as possible. :p

DorothyAtForty
November 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM
B. Are you a relaxed growing. Do you let nature take it's course, certain you will reach your goal in time?

I am B. There's nothing I can really do besides refrain from coloring, cutting, or damaging it, so I just braid it up and hope for the best. I was, at one point, C. I woke up one day and saw myself in the mirror with longer hair than I had remembered, but aside from that one instance, I am definitely B.

rags
November 28th, 2010, 10:42 AM
I was a B before I cut all my hair off. :rolleyes: I liked it for about a week, and then I've turned into an A. Growing out from very short - it's anxiety producing! Especially when you've never had short hair before. It's all new!

growing2shine
November 28th, 2010, 11:38 AM
For me it changes a lot. Most of the time im very relaxed about growing my hair, I oil it and wear it up, and that's it... But sometimes I look in the mirror and thinks that my hair looks so short and then I can't stop looking at it and thinking about it. Sometimes It's the other way around, I see my hair loose in the mirror or in a picture and I can't get how long it suddenly looks. But im very happy with my growth rate, I have nothing to complain about. :D

CaityBear
November 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Hmm, I'm a mix I guess. I used to be completely B/C. But then my hair hit a complete stall and didn't grow at all for 8 months and now it's growing very slowly so it's kind of turned me into an A...

CopperHead
November 28th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I just mostly ignore my hair. I wear it up most of the time so it isn't a distraction. I just cut off six inches and have no problem with it at all. It is healthy and thick again and grows very fast. I usually just do small trims when needed and a big chop every 2-3 years to thicken everything up and improve the overall heath of my hair. It is at waist/hip now.:)

Debra83
November 28th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm pretty much an A. Sometimes jump into the other categories, but always find myself back into A.

My latest hair saga is that when I see my hair in pics now, it looks shorter to me than it does when I look in the mirror. Used to be the other way around. Pics made my hair look longer than I was seeing in the mirror. Anybody else go through that? How does that happen? Warped perception of reality? Which one is right?

Octave
November 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Well, I'm sort of in the middle of A and B. I really want my hair to grow longer....but get annoyed that it doesn't grow über fast so I "give up" and try to ignore it for a while.

christine1989
November 28th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I'm a consistent grower above all else. I get the exact same amount each month pretty much. I still stress about it sometimes though and get really excited with each new inch.

aimison
November 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
I was a C until I found LHC! But at the same time when I was doing the "C" thing I didn't take great care of my hair and it looked pretty bad..

Now I fall more into the "B" category. I'm not stressing about when I hit my goal length (to be honest, I don't really know what my true "goal" length is anymore) but I take a *lot* better care of my hair than I did when I was like "oh--my hair's getting long..that's cool".

maus
November 28th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I used to be a C - until I found TLHC.

Now hair (mostly my own) is my new obsession, and I can't help but checking my roots for that new (uncolored) hair growth pretty much every day. Constantly on the lookout for new and better products. Crazy! I am hoping that this will calm down eventually - once I found what truly works for my hair or I have reached my goal length, whatever comes first. Good luck to me :p

HairFaerie
November 28th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I was very much "A" when it was really short. Now that I am getting almost to shoulder. I am between "A" and "B" now.

FrannyG
November 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I'm a B. I don't worry about my length at all, and I certainly don't obsess about it. However, I do not ignore my hair, as I do give it good care.

I think that I was obsessed by how quickly or slowly my hair was growing for about the first six months that I was a member here, but I've since become more concerned with the quality of my hair.

Even at that, I don't stress over the condition of my hair. I've just got a good routine going that really doesn't take much thought.

kathyblack1
November 28th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Haha, I used to be A, switched to B with a dash of C ;p

chelles2kids
November 28th, 2010, 03:52 PM
I'm a ..."Good grief, will you hurry up already" grower or a "Meh, it's hair, it's there, it's clean, I could care less" grower.:laugh:

I seem to go back & forth between these two stages.

I hope someday to find a middle ground.:rolleyes:

adiapalic
November 28th, 2010, 04:09 PM
I think I'm somewhere between B and C. :)

Anisaa
November 28th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I am A and have been A for the past year!!! I love my hair and can't wait for it to be waist length!!! for 2011 I am going to work on becoming B :D

arwenevenstar37
November 28th, 2010, 04:18 PM
I am somewhere between A and B although I am looking forward to reaching my goal and tehn being able to be a B all around :)

looniac
November 28th, 2010, 05:53 PM
I feel like I am more in the B and C category. I take notice of my hair, but don't measure it or anything like that. I definitely notice growth, but am not using anything unusual to make it grow faster. It will get there when it gets there!

chelseamichelle
November 28th, 2010, 06:30 PM
A mixture of A and B, mostly A though :p

Rabya-Khadija
November 28th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I was C until a few weeks ago... now a bit of A and B

Khiwanean
November 29th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I would say I'm a B type grower. I try my best to care for my hair, but in the end, growing my hair out is a slow progression. I can't waste the energy to worry over every inch. Taking care of my hair is a treat for me and it helps me relax. Growth is just a very nice side effect. I'll certainly get all giddy if I realize I've reached a milestone, but I'm not going to agonize that I'm not there yet.

PrincessBob
December 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM

C. Are you able to completely ignore you hair? Did you look in the mirror one day and think " holy cow, I've got long hair, now where did that come from?"

I'm somewhere between B and C. I let it do it's thing, I have only measured once since I joined. I actually do not think my hair has been growing much at all, but when little things happen that make me aware of my length it's almost shocking.

UltraBella
December 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I am a very relaxed grower. I don't really have a goal and I have enjoyed my hair at shorter lengths, so I just don't worry about it.

Becky Safari
December 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I also hover around B and C, actually just recently I saw a picture of myself from behind and thought "where did that long hair come from??" haha

LaurelSpring
December 5th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Once I hit waist I calmed down.

owlathena
December 6th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I've been a hardcore A for the past 3 years, ever since I let a photographer cut it to a bob. NEVER going back there again.

milagro
December 6th, 2010, 10:13 AM
I am B/C. I'm a noobie, though :D

aenflex
December 6th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I used to stress. Occasionally I still do. But over the years I have learned that the less I pay attention and obsess, the 'faster' it grows.
Put it up and forget about it works for me. Then the days I wear it down it actually seems longer.

jesis
December 6th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Definitely A, especially now that I have more knowledge and tools to lead towards long hair!

Stephichan
December 6th, 2010, 04:28 PM
I'm actually this weird blend of A and C. I put my hair up I'll sit around thinking about how short it is and how much I want it to be long. Then one day I'll take it down and realize that it's longer than I kept thinking it was.

cmnt831
December 6th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Pre-LHC, I was c. When I first signed up, I became an a. Now I'm pretty much a b., except when I'm nearing a goal (like right now) and my hair can't grow fast enough at all. :p Once I reach hip, I'll revert to being a b. and stay that way until I'm just shy of the next goal. :)

Alix
December 6th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I'm a mix between B and C. I didn't realize I had passed APL till I compared pictures, I do like to do fun stuff with my hair, but I don't try oils or anything to make it grow faster, I just let it do it's thing.

BellCat
December 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM
an impatient one!!!!

marisa
December 6th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Another B/C here.:)

mireillemt
December 6th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I think I was a C but when I looked at it one day and realized it could be long again, I quickly became an A. I just can't wait for it to be long enough to get tangles or to "have" to put it up! But, maybe I'll work my way into a B in a few weeks. Hopefully...

Jenw777
December 6th, 2010, 05:53 PM
It depends. I would say I was an A when I started, now I'm just a non letter.

I haven't been doing the best with wearing my hair up. I like it down, but it looks messy all the time. I really want to hit waist bad. I'm an inch or so away. My end goal is tailbone, I think.

hazelnut
December 6th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I'm more of a type A. It's the sad sad truth, but I can't let go of my hair until it finally gets to waist length.

rena
December 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
I'm somehwere between A and B :) Very anxious about it but trying to relax and let it do its thing; sorta like when I was stuck in a shortness rut (height-wise) but when I just relaxed about it and stopped worrying I made it from 4'8 to 5 ft in no time :) Its all about cutting out the stress!

Arya
December 6th, 2010, 09:57 PM
D. I'm a "too indecisive and afraid of a bad haircut to ever get one" grower.

miss_purple
December 6th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I'm a B type because I take good care of my hair, therefore, I know growing it's up to him. :)

principesse
December 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I am a mixture of all three! I have never been very A about growing my hair but I do become very anxious when I realize I'm still far off from my target length or when I'm going through a phase where i'm not quite sure I like my hair as it is and become impatient for it to grow or am starting to feel like changing something.
Most of the time, though, I'm a B, I have my hair routine and take care of my hair but the growth is in the background. Which is why I sometimes end up being a C because the growth sometimes catches me by surprise :)

At the moment, I think I'm an A because I'm growing out layers and am at an awkward stage, I think.

teela1978
December 6th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I'm pretty much a C lately. I go through B stages though.

spoonshine
December 7th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Now that I'm paying attention to it, I'd say I'm a combination of A and B. Growing from pixie to waist I was C. If I hadn't ignored it to the extent I did I would have driven myself mad.

Cailie
December 7th, 2010, 09:57 AM
B for me :p

erika_d
December 7th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Between A and B. I wish I was a C.

BrightEyes7
December 7th, 2010, 10:57 AM
C. I didn't even really try to grow. It just kinda happened.

Now I just kinda let it do it's thing. And if I trim off a few inches, whatever. It'll grow back soon. I am a very relaxed grower I suppose.

may1em
December 7th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Most like C. I'm kind of into benign neglect. That said, holy crap how am I almost at tailbone! It seems like just last month I did a small trim!

Today I was lazy, so my hair is in a Nautilus bun and my bangs are pinned back.

Capybara
December 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I'd say I'm between a B and a C. Similar to luxepiggy, I've had long hair all my life. The only time I had short hair was when I donated it three years ago-even then, it was about APL/collar bone length, and I was ready for a change. I can't ignore my hair totally because well, then it wouldn't look how I want it to. But I don't obsess over growth, especially not after joining the "Retire your ruler for 90 days challenge." :)

Locksmith
December 7th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I used to be A, but these days I'm more of a B. :)

feralnature
December 7th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I am a B or C. I practice benign neglect. I don't worry with my hair at all. I measure it only rarely and wash it once a week.

lhangel9
January 30th, 2011, 09:33 PM

lhangel9
January 30th, 2011, 09:43 PM
So, what kind of grower are you?

A. Are you an anxious grower? Do you stress over every inch of new growth? Try everything under the sun to achieve faster growth? Think "hair" morning, noon and night?

Yep! That's Me Alright!:( If I could just get my ends even. I'm in the challenge for not cutting at all in 2011, so I'll take my chances........working on getting those ends even again.

MissManda
January 30th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I bounce between B and C, so it depends on my mood and what is going on in my life. I only measure my hair when I remember to, and I sometimes forget to measure before and after self-trimming. If I accidentally trim off too much, then oh well, at least my hemline will be a wee bit thicker. I'm aware my hair is growing longer, but I often underestimate how long it has actually gotten (because it doesn't feel that much longer) and I am usually surprised to find that my hair is longer than I thought. All I do is care for it like I normally do and not worry about it.

PiroskaCicu
January 30th, 2011, 10:06 PM
The more I'm on LHC, the more I am type A. But if I spend less time on LHC, I am definitely a type B. :)

swivelhop
January 30th, 2011, 10:30 PM
C. My hair does not respond to goals, so why set any?

CaveB
January 30th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Hardcore A at the moment...all I want is my hair back!

HintOfMint
January 30th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm actually this weird blend of A and C. I put my hair up I'll sit around thinking about how short it is and how much I want it to be long. Then one day I'll take it down and realize that it's longer than I kept thinking it was.

There was a period of time when I was like that too! I did a hair up for so and so period of time challenge and was pretty obsessed with having it up and being in good condition. However, when I took it down it was much longer than I remembered (I didn't have it up for a long period of time).

In general though, I'm an A when it comes to nailing a good routine. I've been known to lovingly mix potions for my hair (my roommate knows that the jar of honey is both for my hair and for my tea) and obsessively read ingredients labels on products.

However, when it comes to length, I'm a B. I don't feel the need to have a certain length by a certain time, although I haven't always been this relaxed.

Nymphea
January 30th, 2011, 11:59 PM
B. I'm a relaxed grower. I care, but I don't pay much attention on how fast my hair grows. So I tend to be more surprised when I actually look at my hair in the mirror - it's always longer than I think! I suppose that this brings me closer to "C" type. :)

hanne jensen
January 31st, 2011, 01:41 AM
I'm definately an A grower. I'll try anything, no matter how wacky to get my hair to grow faster. I stress over every single mm growth.

Maybe someday I'll be a C grower. Seems much more relaxed!

darklion
January 31st, 2011, 01:49 AM
I'm a C. I just let it do ... whatever. When it gets too long I cut it... otherwise, I do very little. No extra special routines, just a gentle wash of the scalp and condition of the ends every couple days. Modest use of the hairdryer and I'm done!
I have never even measured my hair until LHC!! (and I still don't know if I measured it right.)

Fufu
January 31st, 2011, 02:40 AM
I'm definitely B :)

LadyCelestina
January 31st, 2011, 02:44 AM
I´m like Dr.Jekyll - Mr.Hyde.Currently I´m in the Mr.Hyde phase-therefore A,definitely! :D
But I tend to switch to C.And then switch back to A once I notice my hair has actually grown some since I started ignoring it!:poot:

Una
January 31st, 2011, 02:58 AM
I'm always B :)

oktobergoud
January 31st, 2011, 02:58 AM
I'm a bit of A, but also a bit of D: I'm way too impatient to ever grow my hair out. THAT is the whole problem: I get bored with my hair too easily. I don't mind letting it just be for a few months or so (I have bleach blonde hair and I don't mind massive roots, for instance) but then I'll get bored and need a haircut or a different colour and then I regret that colour and want it blonde agaaaaain, then it gets damaged and I need to get a haircut etc. etc.

I think that's the whole reason I always had a pixie for YEARS now (oh and bob once because I grew it out.. I had for it a month or so and then I got bored again! :( )

FoxRain
January 31st, 2011, 03:22 AM
I'm a mix between A og C. Sometimes I stress to no end about it, but most of the time I look in the mirror like "Huh? How'd that happen?"

Avital88
January 31st, 2011, 04:01 AM
I used to be a hardcore A, but obsessing is never good and right now i'm a B most of the time. Some days the A pops up but not so much anymore,it will grow anyway so why stressing about it..
It took me a while to get to that point though:)

Chamy
January 31st, 2011, 04:09 AM
I think i'm a mix of A and B, mostly B. I often get the urge to try something to get more growth, change something or whatnot, but when it comes to it i never do, since im kind of lazy and just let things unfold. :)

skyblue
January 31st, 2011, 05:22 AM
before joining I used to just be a happy with each new length, now after seeing all of your gorgeous hair and the lengths all of you have achieved I'm an A....totally obsessed!! Constantly checking if it grew and inch! Hahahha!
striving for C!!

Nymph
January 31st, 2011, 06:15 AM
More like a C.

Just yesterday I had my hair loose for the first time in a long while and I realised I could sit on it - and was all "where did that came from?"

Bonkers57
January 31st, 2011, 06:18 AM
I started off an A. Now I'm either a B or C depending how busy I am.

turquoisebud
January 31st, 2011, 06:38 AM
I tend to be of the A class, but I try to not obsess about my hair. I do wish it would hurry up and grow, but I wish I would just settle down. After all, a watched head of hair never - boils? Doesn't sound right! :p Ok, a watched head of hair never grows! That's better! As someone, I don't remember who, sorry, says in their signature, "Enjoying my hair at this length and every length here after" I think that's correct or close to what it said. Anyways, whoever's signature says that, I think that is a great attitude! :) It's weird, but I can see her avatar in my head, but I just can't think of her name!? :undecided Well, anyway, I want that saying to be my mantra. ;)
ETA: The name is ravenweed! :) I just saw her post somewhere else. Anyway, ravenweed, thanks for the inspiration!

going gray
January 31st, 2011, 06:47 AM
Well, I am mostly a B. I was an A for a bit at that awkward stage between pixie and shoulder but now, I can put it up which makes me happy. I will get there eventually. Sometimes I go A over the color- not color question. Argh.

This is pretty much me........to a T.

Alvrodul
January 31st, 2011, 07:00 AM
I am a B grower, mainly, with forays into C territory.
I think I will reach TBL (which is my current goal) in May. Which means I will start looking around for a measuring tape in June-:)

Kaeita
January 31st, 2011, 07:09 AM
I was a C last year, until my partner left, and I had a few moments to think about myself for a change. I looked in the mirror, and realised that my very short hair was suddenly shoulder length! Then about a month after that, I found this site, decided I wanted classic length hair, and shortly thereafter became an A :oops:

In previous years, I was pretty much a C, with a bit of B thrown in occasionally, so I'd like to get back to that. I've got plenty else to keep me busy, so should be easy enough...As soon as I find a routine that I know is best for my hair, and get in the habit of it, I'll be able to forget it and let it grow.

Butter Bean
January 31st, 2011, 07:14 AM
I have just started to grow out a pixie cut and am A all the way. I will probably settle down once it evens up.

lapushka
January 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
B and C, depends on the day, I guess. On some days, invariably, more attention has to go to your hair (wash days for example). It's mostly up and out of the way, and I don't even think about it, but there are times when it surprises me that it's grown and there are times when an updo has to be just right, which can be frustrating when it refuses to cooperate. The longer it gets though, the less I want to lose the length I've got, which can make trimming quite horrible for whoever is trimming. I wasn't A while it grew, but ever since I reached WL I react like that whenever scissors come into the picture.

MaKenna90
January 31st, 2011, 07:52 AM
I am somewhere between A and B. I'm always anxious to measure it, but i don't really try anything to make it grow faster either.

ChatNoir
January 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
A.

Being the generally angsty person I am, I obsess about length and shedding as well.. Oh my.. :D

krissykins
January 31st, 2011, 09:11 AM
Haha, when I was away from LHC, I was totally C! But now that I'm back, I'm a mixture of A and B.

Nature *will* take its course, but sometimes it could use a little encouragement ;)

Mountaingrrl
January 31st, 2011, 09:53 AM
I used to be a C. I'd look in the mirror one day and my hair would be long -- and damaged -- and I'd cut off several inches and start over again. Now I'm more of an A, anxious and careful to grow long, healthy hair. I've only been on LHC about a month. I reckon I'll calm down to a B once I get the hang of it.

aldasbeke
January 31st, 2011, 09:55 AM
I'm definitely more of a C

FullMoonTrim
January 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM
I'm a "D". Different kind of grower. I let nature take it's course and I also feel like it's not growing. It's almost as if I have given up hope that it will grow at all. Maybe I'm a "G" for someone who has given up.

NouvelleNymphe2
February 1st, 2011, 09:21 AM
I notice people who are very satisfied with their hair (and have amazing long hair and buns the size of Earth) tend to be more B or Cish, whereas the tweeners tend to be more Aish. I'm a tweener and just joined LHC a couple of months ago so I think you can predict I'm most likely an A. Although, I'm going to try and forget about it. I won't even let myself henna or indigo because I just want to see what the gals look like 100% natural and long and lovely. Wish me luck *huge grin*...

virgo75
February 1st, 2011, 09:27 AM
I guess I'm somewhere between A & B.

I'm impatient for my hair to grow and would probably try anything once.
But I try not to stress over it since it's not gonna grow any faster if I do. :p

Copasetic
February 1st, 2011, 09:28 AM
I think I am a B, but I used to be an A. I am pretty cool with my hair right now. I just let it do it's thing, and don't mess with it much.

Cheeks1206
February 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM
I'm C. I just recently had a "wow, it's getting long" moment. I braid my hair most of the time so I never really see how long it is. Even when it's down for showers or whatever else I tend to ignore it.