PDA

View Full Version : My hair has grown One Inch in a month (pic)

Dreamkitty
November 27th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Maybe im being completly delusional but it does feel like my hair is growing quite quickly ever since I joined LHC and taking fantastic advice from everyone. I joined LHC in October 27 2010, I can't believe today is exactly my one month anniversary lol and I have 250 posts, it feels like im still a newbie on this board .:D And Im very happy today because my hair grew one inch in one month. When I first joined this board, few days after I measured my hair dry it was 24 inches. But now it is 25 inches and I can feel the length.

The new things I have done since joining LHC is using Dabur Amla Gold hair oil twice a week, washing my hair properly and used Aritha & Shikakai powder once (still have some left). Also combing my hair more gently.

I have to say my hair feels softer, my shedding has reduced since joining LHC and using those items it feels like my hair is growing fast. I would like to thank everyone for the wonderful kind advice, help, I have recieved and I definetly think its LHC which has boosted the growth in my hair:cheese:
I wish I had a pic taken when I joined LHC but I don't, however here is the photo I took today, one month after (please excuse the half greyed out box, it has a photo frame of my sisters face so I blurred it out, incase she got mad lol).:)

http://i52.tinypic.com/10ndvle.jpg

AnnaJamila
November 27th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Oh wow you have BEAUTIFUL hair!!! And I'm catching up with you!!! Haha, this site is the best, huh?

HoneyJubilee
November 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!!! And congrats on the growth!

nemileo
November 27th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Wow! Very good looking hair! Could I ask you what your new routine is?

pepperminttea
November 27th, 2010, 05:00 PM
It is so nice to see your efforts paying off, isn't it? :) Congrats on the growth - that's some gorgeous hair!

Lianna
November 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Congrats on the growth!! :flower:

Niwa
November 27th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Your hair is gorgeous!

sunshine80
November 27th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Your hair is beautiful!

Hotrox
November 27th, 2010, 05:30 PM
What lovely thick hair, I'll be looking forward to seeing the rest of your progress.

And another Brit on the board, yay!! :D

sherigayle
November 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Your hair is so beautiful, thick and shiny. I, too, would love to see your routine.

Capybara
November 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Just look at that shine! Congratulations on the growth :)

tinti
November 27th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Your hair is beautiful! And great growth! Congratulations :)

kuku
November 27th, 2010, 11:37 PM
helloo...congrates on the growth,please share your routine!

Dragon
November 27th, 2010, 11:53 PM
Congrats, your hair looks great :)

Dreamkitty
November 28th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Aww thanks everyone for the lovely/kind comments, believe me it is the advice and support of LHC that is making my hair grow fast and healthy.:)

A few of you want to know my routine so this is what I have done most recently since joining LHC.

I heavily oil my hair using Dabur Amla Gold. And then I leave it on my hair for 3-5 days.
And then I wash my hair with either Pomegranate Shampoo or Milk & Honey Shampoo. Then I use either Pomegranate or Milk & Honey Conditioner on some days (I don't use the conditioner all the time).
1-2 days after my wash, I heavily oil my hair using Dabur Amla Gold. Again the same process leave it on my hair for 3-5 days, untill my next wash with Shampoo & Conditioner.A few extra points to add. Before I bought Dabur Amla Gold, I used pure coconut oil on my hair with the same oil routine.

And then going back a few more years, I used Jasmine Oil.

Sometimes I put lemon on my hair or natural yoghurt, this is very good for getting rid of dandruff. Then I leave it on for a while, wash with shampoo and my hair feels very soft & conditioned.

I have used Aritha & Shikakai powder once mixed with Chammoline tea that made me shed less.

With my most recent wash I applied a mix of Honey & Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my hair, let it just sit there for a while, wet my hair and just applied it all over my hair. Washed out with Shampoo, my hair loved it so im going to try it again.

I just bought a bristle brush which is 50% natural and 50% ceramic, when the photo was taken I used the brush and my hair felt very silky especially towards the top.

Also my does all the cooking in the house and my parents shop alot of fish, vegetable meals everyday, a few examples are green legumes, lentins, cabbage, cauliflower, aubergine, yam, okra etc. Something new ive added to my diet is eatting organic porride for my breakfast. Porridge contains sulphur so definetly try eating sulphur rich foods.

I hope this helps and feel free to try some of this out or ask me any questions.:D

CastaDiva
November 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM
You have very beautiful hair, Dreamkitty! Congratulations:)

summergame
November 28th, 2010, 05:29 AM
I agree, your hair is amazing! Does it feel heavy when you left it down? It's seems to be very thick :)

Dreamkitty
November 28th, 2010, 05:29 AM
Thank you CastaDiva & Summergame for your nice comments :).

:D I will be happier when I reach waist length. So many here at LHC have amazing, long hair. So still a long way to go.

Summergame- my hair feels wavy, fluffy, heavier when I let my hair down. A bit annoying sometimes because it gets in my way lol so I always braid it. But im using a boar brush to smooth it down.