PDA

View Full Version : no more breakage!

bubblyredhead
November 27th, 2010, 09:43 AM
For probably 6 or so months have gone "natural" meaning no cones or sulfates except to clarify and my hair was always breaking off at the ends no matter how many deep treatments I did. Lately I have added the chi silk whatever coney serum back into my routine and that helped tons, finally last night I went and bought "regular" shampoo and conditioner and my hair has not felt this great in forever. Is it possible to still grow to wasitish length using sulfates and cones, of course I will still be clarifying once every couple weeks and deep conditioning but will the sulfates and cones end up harming my hair in the long run?

kmoc123
November 27th, 2010, 09:46 AM
My hair really rebells when I don't use cones...I have to have the cones!!!

enfys
November 27th, 2010, 09:56 AM
For probably 6 or so months have gone "natural" meaning no cones or sulfates except to clarify and my hair was always breaking off at the ends no matter how many deep treatments I did. Lately I have added the chi silk whatever coney serum back into my routine and that helped tons, finally last night I went and bought "regular" shampoo and conditioner and my hair has not felt this great in forever. Is it possible to still grow to wasitish length using sulfates and cones, of course I will still be clarifying once every couple weeks and deep conditioning but will the sulfates and cones end up harming my hair in the long run?

*Looks at own tb+ hair*

Yes. Absolutely. And beyond if you want.

CaityBear
November 27th, 2010, 09:59 AM
There is not rule or law saying you CANNOT use cones or sulfates at all. SOME people can't stand using them in their hair because their hair feels and looks like crap. For some people cones and sulfates work and make your hair look/feel great.

If it works for you, it works. Anybody can grow out long hair if it's healthy, whether that be using cones/sulfates. There are people still using chemicals dyes and are growing their hair quite long.

Personally, I don't even check for cones. I don't use shampoo at all unless I'm clarifying and sometimes I check for sulfates just because. But I'm pretty sure a lot of my conditioners have cones.

bubblyredhead
November 27th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks guys! I have no idea why I have this thought that I can't use sulfates and cones if I want long hair.

pepperminttea
November 27th, 2010, 10:15 AM
There is not rule or law saying you CANNOT use cones or sulfates at all. SOME people can't stand using them in their hair because their hair feels and looks like crap. For some people cones and sulfates work and make your hair look/feel great. <snip>

This. If they work for you, great, stick with them. :) Do be aware though that they can hide damage, so keep your eyes extra-peeled during S&D.

jojo
November 27th, 2010, 10:41 AM
well I have and many more who don't even know about LHC. Cones are not evil nor are sulphates, they wouldnt put them in products if they harmed people.

milagro
November 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Guys, right now I am drying after having an SLS wash along with no-cone CO wash (followed by a richer conditioning for the length) and I can say the difference is drastic. It feels the more due to the fact I haven't used sulphate poos and have used a lot of 'cones, for years. And I don't know what is better - shiny and sleek but limp hair or bouncy mat locks that can't be easily untangled... :(

growing2shine
November 27th, 2010, 10:53 AM
My hair likes cones right now. My hair is waistlength and fragile from pre-LHC, so cones are great for now. And even when all the damage has been grown out, I still think that my hair prefers coney stuff! :D

luxepiggy
November 28th, 2010, 04:32 AM
*Looks at own tb+ hair*

Yes. Absolutely. And beyond if you want.

^This.

I've had long hair for over 20 years now, and I've been using sulfates and cones on it the entire time. Looks fine to me! Still attached, shiny, soft, etc. (^(oo)^)v

Anatheme
November 28th, 2010, 04:40 AM
Do what works for your hair. :) I'm currently trialling being cone-free, but I'm thinking of going back to them.