PDA

View Full Version : I reached CLASSIC!

soobie
November 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Woo hoo! I sat on the ends of my hair for the first time ever today! I've been basically ignoring my hair, wearing it up every day, and surprise! I reached CLASSIC!

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w319/soobie123/037-1-1.jpg

So that's shoulder (20") to classic (43.5") in 4 years 2 months, with about 12" trimmed off along the way. This is officially the longest I've ever had my hair.

The picture is of freshly washed hair, air dried without excessive touching. Would you call that 2a? I love that regular use of coconut oil brings out my waves. I'm a brusher, though, so of course they mostly disappear. Even after more than three years of using coconut oil, I'm still not used to thinking of myself as a wavy!

To be honest, I'm not really happy with how thin my ends have gotten. I've had a major, major shed over the past few months, due to severe anemia. My iron levels are back up now, and I'm starting to see new growth, but my taper is quite pronounced and the ends are see-through. I'll probably trim off several inches. I haven't had a trim since last December, so I'm not too upset. At least I can say I reached classic!

Evie
November 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
FANTASTIC :cheese::D it looks gorgeous! I have to say, in your pic your ends don't look thin at all??

DavidN
November 26th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Congratulations, Soobie, for achieving classic length, and for being a true inspiration! Your hair looks outstanding!

Ryanne
November 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Lovely colour. :crush: Congratulations!

serious
November 26th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Wow, it looks great!
Congratulations!:cheese:

Dreamkitty
November 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM
:)Congratulation soobie , your hair looks so awesome! and your ends look very healthy.

CastaDiva
November 26th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Congratulations on reaching classic. Your hair looks gorgeous. Love the colour too. Reaching classic is really an achievment. Awesome:cheese:

Heartwillfollow
November 26th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Congratulations !!!!! :) your hair is beautiful.. :) :)

DecafJane
November 26th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Well done! It looks amazing. :D

Madora
November 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks great.

freckles
November 26th, 2010, 01:13 PM
wow, that is some FAST growth according to my maths! :D And your hair is gorgeous. I don't think the ends look thin at all, they look nice and full to me. Congratulations on reaching classic! :)

ericthegreat
November 26th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful at this length, and very healthy too.

Yozhik
November 26th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Soobie, your hair is so beautiful! Congratulations!!! :flower:

I also agree with Evie -- your ends don't look thin at all. Yes, you appear to have taper, but I don't think I've seen many heads of hair at classic that don't have a bit of taper. :)
I would probably put you at a 2b.

soobie
November 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Wow, thanks for the love, everyone! It is much appreciated.:flowers:

I have to say, in your pic your ends don't look thin at all??

Well, they do when I brush them, lol! In that picture, they're still clumped together from drying. Luckily I mostly keep my hair up so they don't show.

and your ends look very healthy.

Oh, they're healthy, no splits or anything, but the massive shed left them thinner.

wow, that is some FAST growth according to my maths!

Not unusually fast, really. Remember, I cut off about 12 inches along the way. It works out to about 0.7" per month. I think 0.5" is a fairly standard growth rate.

I also agree with Evie -- your ends don't look thin at all. Yes, you appear to have taper, but I don't think I've seen many heads of hair at classic that don't have a bit of taper.
I would probably put you at a 2b.

I guess it's just that there has been such a difference from the big shed. It's not as thick as it used to be, which makes me sad. :o Maybe I'll just trim a bit and maintain at classic.

And 2b? Really??!!!

littlenvy
November 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
YAY!! :cheese: Beautiful growth! Such lovely hair too! :)

mali
November 26th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Congratulations for reaching classic! Your hair looks beautiful!

Demetrue
November 26th, 2010, 01:50 PM
It's so beautiful - hope you don't trim off too much!

~BoHemiAngel~
November 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Congratulation, Soobie! Your hair is gorgeous! Love the length!!

nemileo
November 26th, 2010, 02:06 PM
:agape:Your hair...is....fantastic!! Does not look thin to me, and it looks very wavy too! 2a i guess :) Love the color, may I ask if it is virgin?

Shellby
November 26th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Congrats! It looks just lovely. Curly and healthy. A true inspiration.

halo_tightens
November 26th, 2010, 02:14 PM
Congratulations on reaching classic!!!! I can't wait til I get there myself, but I've got some waiting to do... Yours looks wonderful!! :)

redneckprincess
November 26th, 2010, 02:19 PM
Looks GREAT!! The ends look FANTASTIC!! Good growth rate too!! I may like to go for classic after seeing your picture. I'm already almost at 23" (BSL) with only about 8" in the plans to trim over the years...

Capybara
November 26th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Congratulations! That is one thud-worthy picture!

Thin ends? I don't think so :)

little_acorn
November 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Wonderful - congratulations :D

soobie
November 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Love the color, may I ask if it is virgin?

Yep, absolutely virgin. Never blowdried, curled, straightened, bleached, or dyed.

Thanks!

vanity_acefake
November 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Congratulations soobie. Your hair looks gorgeous.

chelles2kids
November 26th, 2010, 02:38 PM
:disco::disco: :disco: :disco:
It's looks beeeautiful & I love the waves!!

Congratulations to you, I can't imagine how exciting it was for you when you felt the tug from sitting on your ends!!:joy:

PartyPickle
November 26th, 2010, 02:53 PM
:) Congratulations! Very pretty colour. I have serious wave envy. :boohoo: If your ends look thin then I don't know what mine are! My camera seems to obliterate mine perhaps your camera is bulking yours up and the lovely ends we're all seeing don't exist? :D

SheaLynne
November 26th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Soooo beautiful!! I'm sorry you've had a shed that makes you unhappy with your ends, but they do look nice and thick in that pic. We have very similar hairtype, so I'm inspired to keep growing...congrats!!!!! (and do mini-trims...it's amazing how slowly but steadily the ends thicken up without losing length!)

princessp
November 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Congratulations I love your length and color!

Avvoltoio
November 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Congratulation :), your hair is beautiful!

i am curious when i can reach that nice length :)

Octave
November 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Ohhhh prettyness!!! ♥
Congratulations on reaching classic, looks really flattering on you. :)

HoneyJubilee
November 26th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Congratulations on reaching classic!

embee
November 26th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Isn't it a great feeling, to actually suddenly feel that pull because you sat on the ends?!?! :) I was dumbfounded when that happened to me, because I'd been keeping mine up all the time. .... like you.

Your hair looks great, love the color and the waves. envy envy envy! Why not leave it at classic for a while just to enjoy the concept? You can *always* trim later.

RecklessCharlie
November 26th, 2010, 04:13 PM
Utterly gorgeous!! Congrats!
Love the colour and texture to your hair - great waves!

christine1989
November 26th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Its so pretty! Way to go! :)

jojo
November 26th, 2010, 04:35 PM
:thudpile::thudpile::thudpile: OMG I so love your hair and well done you for getting to classic woo hoo! my goal length and were similar hair types too,did i tell you how much i love your hair? :D

mrs_coffee
November 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Absolutely beautiful! Wow, your color is so nice.

freckles
November 26th, 2010, 05:09 PM
[QUOTE=soobie;1356288]Not unusually fast, really. Remember, I cut off about 12 inches along the way. It works out to about 0.7" per month. I think 0.5" is a fairly standard growth rate./QUOTE]

yup that's what I worked it out to too, I just think averaging 0.7"/month is a very fast growth rate! Of course, some members here get an inch of even more, so I guess it's all relative :)

eezepeeze
November 26th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Congratulations!! I think your hemline looks very nice! I don't think your ends look thin. I've seen much thinner and much unhealthier.

Dragon
November 26th, 2010, 07:39 PM
Looks great. Congrats :)

JulietCapulet
November 26th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Whoah!!! Congratulations!!!:shocked:

soobie
November 26th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone! :grouphug:

jeanniet
November 26th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Congratulations! You have beautiful waves, and I don't think your hemline looks that thin at all. I wouldn't trim more than a couple of inches if you want it to look thicker than it already does.

Chrissy
November 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
What they all said. Congrats on classic!!

Juneii
November 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
your hair is very princess-like! congratulations!

triumphator!
November 26th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Your length, waves, and color are so flattering on you!!! :D

Jessica Trapp
November 26th, 2010, 08:57 PM
YAY! :cheese: Beautiful hair.

AnnaJamila
November 26th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Oooooooooh, I'm jealous!!! Congrats!!!

soopahgrover
November 26th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Yay! Congratulations. It looks great!
You say coconut oil made it wavy? Odd, right?

pepperminttea
November 26th, 2010, 11:18 PM
It looks amazing - congratulations! :cheer:

Loreley
November 27th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful! :)

kettle
November 27th, 2010, 06:10 AM
So, so beautiful. :inlove: Congratulations!!

Just an aside... you COULD always maintain for a while. I've become a bit of a fan of advocating a half-inch trim every two months (a Nightshade idea, I believe). You could modify this to maintain. That way you'd gradually trim anything you're not happy with, but keep length.

I actually think your hair is stunning as it is, and see no need to trim - but I also know what it's like not to be entirely happy with your ends.

I hope you enjoy your length either way! :bluesmile

Les
November 27th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Congratulations! I've always thought of classic as a magical length. I hope to get there someday myself.

Rafaelle
November 27th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Wow, your hair looks amazing!

spidermom
November 27th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Congratulations! I have the same goal and have almost reached it; I can't wait.

I second the idea of maintenance trims for awhile; the thickness will move down.

kmoc123
November 27th, 2010, 09:48 AM
OHHHH It is beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! I can't wait until mine is at classic...probably 4 or 5 more months...I am very HAPPY for you!!!

lapushka
November 27th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Congratulations! :cheer:

growing2shine
November 27th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Congratulations!!! Your hair is very pretty! I love your hair colour and wave. It looks so soft. :cheer:
I can't wait to get there myself!

Thanks for sharing! :D

Alvrodul
November 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Congratulations!!!

Your hair is lovely, and I at least don't think your ends really are see-through.

soobie
November 27th, 2010, 02:17 PM
your hair is very princess-like! congratulations!

Too funny- my seven year old daughter (who also just reached classic!) said this to me when she was taking my picture! She hardly ever sees me with my hair down, and told me I look like Rapunzel. We both wore our hair down when we went to see the movie Tangled yesterday.

You say coconut oil made it wavy? Odd, right?

I think it's because my hair is finally staying moisturized. I started oiling when I found LHC, and almost immediately discovered that I have waves.

Congratulations! I've always thought of classic as a magical length. I hope to get there someday myself.

It's weird, but I still don't really picture myself as having "long hair". It's just there, just hair, hanging off the back of my head. Plus, I always have it in a bun. Then when I saw the pictures, I had a moment of shock that it is long! I've always wanted hair long enough to sit on.

pennyroyal
November 27th, 2010, 03:39 PM
Congrats! What a milestone! I cannot wait to be there myself. Your hair is gorgeous & your ends look wonderful to me. :)

mrs carol
November 27th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Congrats, your hair is beautiful. The ends look good to me.

VitisVinifera
November 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks healthy and beautiful!

LocustSpawning
November 27th, 2010, 05:46 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, and the ends look absolutely fine to me. Really! I think it looks wonderful.

lpsqt60
November 27th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Congrats, it looks beautiful, I can't wait till I'm there too!

tinti
November 27th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Oh, congratulations! Your hair is absolutely :thud: wordthy! And I don't think your ends look thin at all :) You could do mini-trimming as someone else suggested, then you wouldn't be losing that much lenght :)

Adiva
November 28th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Congratulations on reaching classic. I love the colour of your hair!

ChatNoir
November 28th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I must say; THAT is one beautiful head of hair you've got there madame! :D

Can't see any signs of the shed..? The ends just look a bit fairy tailed to me, but I think that it's normal after reaching CLASSIC! *dances* Lucky girl, you!

maxzeen
November 28th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Congrats on your achievment! :)!!

lhangel9
November 29th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Oh wow! Soobie! Congratulations - your hair looks so wonderful! I hope to be there "eventually" but soon I hope;) (hey - it's ok to fantasize isn't it?)

Roscata
November 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Congratulations!

soobie
November 29th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Wow, the love just keeps coming! Thanks everyone!!:grouphug: