PDA

View Full Version : I guess my hair must have grown..

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 11:09 AM
..because I decided to do an infinity bun today (have worn braids for quite a while now) and I had extra hair than normal after wrapping it around! It is good AND bad because I don't know what to do with the extra hair! It used to be just the right length to tuck in before I started another loop and now I have this sticky outy strand of hair that I don't know what to do with :shrug:

Any ideas?

Oh and I do my infinity not by making a bun first and folding but by coiling and wrapping if that makes sense. It works much better for me this way.

MemSahib
June 2nd, 2008, 11:14 AM
Ah, that's what happens. We long for greater length and when it comes, we don't know what to do with it. Perhaps you need a couple of extra hairpins to tuck away this new development?

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 11:21 AM
Ah, that's what happens. We long for greater length and when it comes, we don't know what to do with it. Perhaps you need a couple of extra hairpins to tuck away this new development?

Hmmmmm that's a thought. I don't even know where to tuck it in though if that makes any sense (not surprised if it doesn't) I don't use hairpins, just a fork or stick right now but I guess I could see if a good hair days pin will help. Bobby pins rip my hair out :mad:

icydove
June 2nd, 2008, 11:31 AM
Usually, you can get rid of the excess tail by tucking it under/inside/in between one of the loops, wrapping it around the base, or a combination of both. Sometimes, it helps to coil the hair more loosely or to make the bun a larger diameter to get the tail in a better place to tuck.

Congrats on the growth :)

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
Usually, you can get rid of the excess tail by tucking it under/inside/in between one of the loops, wrapping it around the base, or a combination of both. Sometimes, it helps to coil the hair more loosely or to make the bun a larger diameter to get the tail in a better place to tuck.

Congrats on the growth :)

Ooooooo good ideas! Thanks Icydove!

Phalaenopsis
June 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
One updo is suitable for one length, and other works better with a different length. (that's my case)
Congralutions on the growth, you'll find a way to work with the extra hair ;)

FrannyG
June 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM
Can't help you with the hairdo, but I have to say, "I told you so!!!" about your length. :bigtongue:

I knew your hair was growing, girl! :flowers:

Saranne772
June 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Congrats on your growth :D

shrare
June 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Very pretty!

Curlsgirl
June 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Can't help you with the hairdo, but I have to say, "I told you so!!!" about your length. :bigtongue:

I knew your hair was growing, girl! :flowers:

Awwwww and may I say your hair is looking GORGEOUS Franny!!! :love:

Rini
June 2nd, 2008, 07:29 PM
Can't help out with the extra hair bit....I'm back at the stage of not enough hair! But, I can offer some advice with the bobby pins: if you open them up first, then pull them out of your hair, they don't rip. Works for me :) Oh, and make sure they have the little cushiony things on the tips (if not, throw them out).

Now I wanna see a pic of your infinity bun :D

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 05:57 AM
Can't help out with the extra hair bit....I'm back at the stage of not enough hair! But, I can offer some advice with the bobby pins: if you open them up first, then pull them out of your hair, they don't rip. Works for me :) Oh, and make sure they have the little cushiony things on the tips (if not, throw them out).

Okay! I'll try to take one tonight!

Curlsgirl
June 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM

You won't believe this! I took a pic of my new hairslide in my hair when I got home and so I went ahead and did an infinity while I was at it and took a pic! It's VERY lopsided and sloppy but I took it anyway. It's in my blog. :D