PDA

View Full Version : Could I get mod help, please : )

whatevergirl
March 11th, 2008, 09:51 PM
When I posted in my blog yesterday 2 of the same entries came up showing...could one of those be removed please and only the proper one remaining?
I have read advice how to do this correctly, but for some unknown reason it just "ain't" clicking with me:(...sorry!
I only want to post under my Blog which I named Hair..Life..Stuff..umm Whatever! This was the name of my journal on the old format...I hope I can just do it that way,
but I don't know if I have to give it a different title each time or if I can just post a entry under that title each time...I hope :confused:

Thank you in advance Dear Mod!;)

Teacherbear
March 11th, 2008, 10:22 PM
It appears to me as though you made your first post in the section (which I *think* is) for a brief introduction/summary. Since people have replied to your first entry (the second time you posted that information), I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm sorry I'm no use! :flower:

whatevergirl
March 11th, 2008, 10:32 PM
It appears to me as though you made your first post in the section (which I *think* is) for a brief introduction/summary. Since people have replied to your first entry (the second time you posted that information), I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm sorry I'm no use! :flower:

teehee....that's quite ok T'Bear..I just appreciate your trying!!
I never use to be this bad at catching onto things...maybe it
has alot to do with about 50 new meds my crazy Dr's have me on at one time...(well thats the excuse I'm using ):p

Teacherbear
March 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
LOL, I was going to blame mine on lack of caffeine, but that's what we want (low caffeine/blood level) before going to sleep! hahaha

'night!

Raederle
March 11th, 2008, 10:41 PM
You can go into your Blog Control Panel, and select Blog Title and Description. It takes you to what looks like a blog entry, but is actually the blog title, where its says title, and your description is what looks like a post. This is pretty handy, because you can change the description as your blog comes to life and manifests itself.

I hope this description is clear. I can try to do it with screen shots if it's not.

whatevergirl
March 12th, 2008, 06:22 AM
LOL, I was going to blame mine on lack of caffeine, but that's what we want (low caffeine/blood level) before going to sleep! hahaha

'night!

:lol:...tooo funny!!

whatevergirl
March 12th, 2008, 06:48 AM
You can go into your Blog Control Panel, and select Blog Title and Description. It takes you to what looks like a blog entry, but is actually the blog title, where its says title, and your description is what looks like a post. This is pretty handy, because you can change the description as your blog comes to life and manifests itself.

I hope this description is clear. I can try to do it with screen shots if it's not.

Hi Raederle, thanks so much for trying to help out here...but sadly I seem to be UNhelpable (is that a word):p
I did what you said and found the Blog Title & Description...but I still just don't get how to remove one of the duplicate postings...I think I simply just don't quite grasp the whole concept...and I don't know why:brickwall...:wail:
Bascially what I want is kinda like how the journals were before and trying to see if it can work somewhat the same way here, I just want the title of my blog to be the title that it was at the old one, then when I post I just want it to go under that same title each time, and thats what I did when I did that first post , but then it shows up 2 times...this whole catogory thingy may be whats messing with my mind lol, I don't know:confused:..I just want to post under the same thing each time
"Hair.. Life.. Stuff..umm Whatever!"(that was my journal title)...is this possible?
You all are being so helpful and probably making this so simple...but I just don't get it...and it's making me crazy!!!:(

(((Hugs))) to all who try to help me, I may be a lost cause on this one though!:flower:

Juliet's Silk
March 12th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Okay so to me it looks like you posted your blog entry AND have the same text in the description of your blog as well. I think that's what Raederle suggested as well. The text with the darker gray background above the title of your blog is the "blog description" space. Go to the Titel & Description menu like Raederle described and just delete what appears in the box titled with "blog description" (it should be your blog entry text but don't fear, it's not the actual blog entry). Maybe save the text first so that you don't lose it if something goes wrong. You can leave the Blog Description window empty, and then you should have only your original blog entry left when you view your blog.
HTH

Schanulleke
March 12th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Maybe this helps :

Go to this link (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog_usercp.php?do=editprofile)
Empty the grey area (like Juliet's Silk & Raederle said) or just type a line like : "Hair.. Life.. Stuff..umm Whatever!"
Click submit and you're done :)

Raederle
March 12th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Okay, that link takes you to my blog. Hi, welcome, but you'll have to make the changes from within your own blog.

Don't let that darker grey color make you think it can't be edited. Just double click in there, and you can make it all disappear. Maybe a mod exercising moldy ..... oooops I mean modly powers can hotlink you to that page, or perform the edit for you.

Schanulleke
March 12th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Okay, that link takes you to my blog. Hi, welcome, but you'll have to make the changes from within your own blog.

You're right. That link is universal. So everyone who clicks on it will go to their own blog editing page. That's why whatevergirl can click on it to go directly to the page that she can edit. :)

Raederle
March 12th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Aaah, now I see. Had I bothered looking at the link itself that would have been manifest.

Schanulleke
March 12th, 2008, 09:07 AM
No problem :)
I guess we all have to get used to those new features. It's nice that we can help each other.

whatevergirl
March 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
It Worked ...FINALLY!!http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/bliss.gif

Bless your sweet little hearts ladies !!!

Huge, gigantic (((hugs)))

Thank you!!!!

T'bear, Raederle, Juliet's Silk, Schanulleke

I could not have done it without you!!http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc263/whatevergirlspix/blessyou-1.png

Schanulleke
March 12th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'm glad it worked out. :)

lora410
March 13th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Hey everyone for some reason I can't post new post. I click new post and the page loads up blank:confused: