PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of permanent hair dye?

leslissocool
November 26th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I'm in love with henna, and would like to get a more deep burgundy color. My hair is dark naturally, but I have also colored it black :( and now I have decided to aim for virgin hennaed hair, since I decided to grow it as long as my genes allow it.

I stumbled across this while researching natural lightening methods

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/20099

I read the comments, and some women (even ones who died their hair permanently with black) swear by the crushed vitamin c tables mixed in shampoo.

Further researching, I found that Little_Cherri Uses crushed vitamin c tablets directly in her henna to give it that amazing purple tint that I am seeking:agape:

So I am wondering, is it possible that crushed vitamin c, other than giving that amazing purple tint, can also lift permanent hair dye off hair? Have any of you ever done this to lift unwanted color?

Dolly
November 26th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Well, I don't have experience with the method you describe, and no other natural methods could do it for me. I was able to remove my deep red permanent dye by using Ion Color Corrector. It was surprisingly gentle (I have the most fine fragile hair EVER, and it caused no damage)......it was recommended to me by my longhaired stylist. I hear that ColorFix is also not too harsh......