PDA

View Full Version : Tried to remove Manic Panic with henna

ilovelonghair
November 25th, 2010, 09:21 PM
I used Manic Panic on henna and it turned out nice, but it has faded and now I don't like it anymore.
So I thought of 'removing' the Manic Panic with henna. I have had results with removing some chemical hair dye with henna before.
When I used to dye my hair black I would sometimes do a layer of henna over the black in order to strengthen my hair, but the weird thing that happened was that it would lighten the black into a much lighter brownish tint.
So there was my idea for removing the Manic Panic with henna. I had to henna anyway, so it wasn't some experiment that could go wrong.
Results: maybe the Manic Panic (Vampire Red) faded a bit, but not much! So I guess Manic Panic is much stronger than I thought!

Demetrue
November 25th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Have you tried olive oil to remove the Manic Panic. It washes out pretty quickly on my hair, but my hair is really porous and doesn't hold onto color well.

ilovelonghair
November 26th, 2010, 01:00 AM
No haven't tried it. I am careful with olive oil, it is so yucky! How long do you leave it in for to remove the dye?

Belisarius
November 26th, 2010, 04:37 AM
No haven't tried it. I am careful with olive oil, it is so yucky! How long do you leave it in for to remove the dye?
I like olive oil in my hair, so it can't possibly be yucky.:p

aenflex
November 26th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I've used manic panic a lot on my blonde streak (before I covered it with hendigo) and noticed that it took forever to fade! I used vampire and rock n roll for the reds, and they never completely left...just faded to pink but never any lighter. I love manic panic though, and if I hadn't converted to henna, I would still be pimping my red/blue/green/purple streak :)

jaine
November 26th, 2010, 09:27 AM
The henna probably just warmed up the black color ...sometimes it's hard to distinguish between a warm black and dark brown.
But red henna over red manic panic ...I wouldn't expect that to look any less red than before.
I heard head & shoulders makes temporary dye fade faster but haven't tried it.

ilovelonghair
November 26th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Oh no: Vampire Red hard to fade.... Mine is Vampire Red. But I am thinking of doing an experiment with orange, yes orange Manic Panic, first on shed hair. I want to see if I can get a more coppery red with it. I like to change my type of red sometimes and Manic Panic is better for that then henna, once it's too dark with henna, you can't get it out.

Belisarius, believe me: on my hair it becomes super gross. Any oil does :(