PDA

View Full Version : 1b hair help! greasy roots & tangling V__V

Arya
November 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Hi! this is my first thread, and I have some questions, don't really know where to look, so I thought I'd toss em all here and see what y'all have to say!
Thorough description of my hair:

Texture: When my hair is sopping wet, it curls into ringlets (3a?), then stretches into a 1b when dry. The only way to get it to stay curly is if I plop, mousse my hair and blow dry *lightly* or sleep on it in a hair net it stays curly. If I leave it down, it tangles on the back of my shirt. hair damaged underneath from tangling at the nape of my neck/on my back, I do have moderate breakage underneath. I have annoying new hair that curls like a mad scientist at my temples, but its starting to grow out/fill in now that I'm older. Hair thickness is medium/fine.

Length: I have layered hair. Fringe has grown out to chin length, the mass is BSL, and the longest layer is waist length.

Problem 1: Greasy roots, dry tips. Day 1 my hair is drying Day 2 my hair is gorgeous, but by mid Day 3 my hair is REALLY greasy at the roots. I've tried not using conditioner on my roots, but it looks dry brittle immediately. I rarely use products and occasionally use heat (once a month).

Problem 2: breakage at nape of neck/ down my back. I'm finding a lot of mid shaft breakage on my S&Ds. I'm worried I can't see the split ends on hair at the nape of my neck to short to look at. I'm trying to find a way to wear it down without it matting. And now that my school has turned the heaters on, my hair looks greasy and feels dry at the same time!

Problem 3: I can't get F****** bobby pins to stay in my hair, or anything besides a cinnamon bun to stay up. hairsticks, bobby pins, U pins, all fall out. french twist, forget about it. Layers pop out of braids, despite my kickass braiding abilities. Style help!

MissManda
November 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Your hair sounds similar to mine, so I hope I'll be able to help. :) I really love your hair color!

Have you considered trying the CWC method? When I first found LHC, my hair was much more brittle and I had a lot of breakage due to chemical damage. When you CWC, you only shampoo the scalp while your ends are covered in conditioner to protect them from the drying effects of the 'poo. I found that my hair was much less dry after using this method to wash my hair.

Also, check to see if the shampoo you are using has sulphates in it,, because they can make your scalp greasier faster. :)

You might want to also try lightly oiling the length of your hair because it offers more protection (and shine!) to your hair and you may find that your hair is less tangly when your hair has been oiled as well. Coconut oil is supposed to be very beneficial to your hair because its molecular structure is such that it can be absorbed by the hair shaft and cam help with strengthening it. It is also a nice and light oil and is easy to portion/apply because it comes in a solid.

I know what you mean about bobby pins not staying. :mad: It can be very frustrating sometimes. I personally find that a little aloe vera gel helps, although I have mostly stopped now that I have other hairtoys that I can use.

Since you're having trouble getting hairsticks to stay, are you sure that when you first insert the stick, you are putting it in the opposite direction first? I had one heck of a time getting my hair to stay until I realized that I wasn't doing the first crucial step. I will admit that even after learning that I still have issues with hairsticks so I don't really use them because even if I put them in right, my hair will spit them out, so I stick to braids, but braiding doesn't sound like it's making you happy at the moment so yeah... I do find that Flexi-8s hold wonderfully and are quite affordable, too. There's a whole thread about them and you may find that they will hold your updos better.

Hope that helps! :blossom:

ETA: I just remembered that a lot of people with slippery-straight hair have had great success with "Hair Scroos." I haven't tried them myself, but they may be worth looking into because they may be an alternative to bobby/u-pins. Also, if you are good at braiding, you could try doing a tucked French braid. The texture made by the crossovers/bumps may help the pins stay in better and you don't have to worry about your layers popping out of the braid as much.

luxepiggy
November 25th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Have you tried CO washing? I know, I know, you're going to protest that you already have oily-root issues . . . but I really encourage you to try it out! My hair is noticeably LESS oily at the roots now that I CO wash, yet the ends are much softer and no longer dry. I used to have to wash my hair every day if I wanted to wear it down. Now I can just CO wash every 3rd day. CO should help with the tangling issue too (^(oo)^)

Also, you may want to oil your ends after you wash - that can help keep some of the moisture in your hair too. I like to oil when my hair is still damp but not soaking wet, especially in the winter when indoor air gets dry.

ETA: You might also want to visit this thread - you'll find lots of people with similar challenges (especially getting updos and hairtoys to stay put!) here: Straight and Silky Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22766)

Juneii
November 25th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Problem #1:
for me, the only way to get rid of greasy roots is clarifying shampoo every time I wash my hair. I just put it on my scalp. also, for my hair, I can combat the dry tips my leaving in the conditioner (just a little bit of it! where it's still slippery but not soaking in conditioner)

Problem #2:
oil the places where it gets breakage and put your hair up as often as possible! The oiling should be able to protect your hair some. Since the damage is under the canopy of your hair the greasiness shouldn't be too obvious.

Problem #3:
GAH LAYERS. Pain in the butt to keep smooth when putting the hair up. Have you tried a moose or gel to keep the hair together (or try styling when the hair is a bit wet so it'll stick together). I second the goody spin pins, also your hair might like amish pins (mine does from time to time) They're much sturdier and less likely to work it's way out. Since they're fairly inconspicuous you can use the pretty hairsticks as decoration. The problem with layers is that (obviously) the hair is at different lengths and is actually a lot more difficult to stay in any kind of updo.

Good luck!

Arya
November 25th, 2010, 08:56 PM
I'm looking for the CO shortform, but I have nooo idea what it means, and can't find it. CO?

I don't like washing my hair everyday, because it gives me flyaways, so I'm trying to find a way to make the not deathly dry/ not disgustingly greasy phase last longer than the 32 hours it does now. That's the reason I tend not to use product in my hair; I have to put it in wet to get it to look good, and I have to wash it out that evening if I don't want nasty hair the next morning. I also can't wash my hair with just water, water alone makes my hair super greasy and tangly and angry with me.

I thought I heard that hair tie's break hair too..wouldn't that increase my breakage? and since I can't get pins to stay in my hair...how do you suggest I keep it up? (Also, I want hair scroos but they don't sell them anywhere I've seen in Ottawa!)

I used to CWC, but I gave up on it for some reason...I'll have to give it another shot.
I really don't know what oil to use, or how to apply it without making it a greasepit. coconut oil? where do you buy it/ how do you apply it?

I do olive oil or yogurt/egg leave in about once a month, but I think I've got to start oiling with something natural. I can't have olive oil in my hair that much because then it just becomes a greasy tangly mess. So, yes, more info on oiling please!

I wish my hair were straight/silky, but it's more annoyingly bendy. Not curly, not straight just bendy. I would murder members of my immediate family if I could have long straight asian hair that withstands heat like nobody's business. Then I could have the hair in K-pop videos I so envy! Damn you keratin treatments, Why you so expensive and formaldehyde-y?

Arya
November 25th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Also, thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate them! ^_____^

shockinglength
November 25th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I totally agree with trying out CWC, but for sure you gotta try CO! I used to have almost the exact same problems as you.

#1 Co and possible trim?

#2 Wear hair up more, grow out layers (helped reduce damage in my hair)

#3 Try using little clips to hold up your buns ect. it shouldn't fall out at all.

I hope this helps. . . let us know what you decide!

littlenvy
November 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I'm looking for the CO shortform, but I have nooo idea what it means, and can't find it. CO?

:) CO means Conditioner Only.

luxepiggy
November 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM
*snip*

I do olive oil or yogurt/egg leave in about once a month, but I think I've got to start oiling with something natural. I can't have olive oil in my hair that much because then it just becomes a greasy tangly mess. So, yes, more info on oiling please!

I wish my hair were straight/silky, but it's more annoyingly bendy. Not curly, not straight just bendy. I would murder members of my immediate family if I could have long straight asian hair that withstands heat like nobody's business. Then I could have the hair in K-pop videos I so envy! Damn you keratin treatments, Why you so expensive and formaldehyde-y?

Clicky! => The CO (conditioner only) thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898) <= Click, I say! (^(oo)^)v

For oil - you can try coconut, as some have suggested, or I like Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Dry Oil. To apply the oil, put a few drops (I use about 5 drops on my thin, hip length hair) in your palm, then rub your palms together. Your palms should have a sheen to them, but not a visible layer of oil, otherwise you've got too much. Then just gently fingercomb/run your hands through your ends. (^(oo)^)v

MissManda
November 25th, 2010, 09:23 PM
CO stands for "conditioner-only" washing. :) You can find the thread dedicated to it here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898). I think you should definitely give it a shot because it really does help to soften and moisturize your hair.

You can buy coconut oil at any health/organic food store, although I think conventional grocery stores are starting to carry it. It's shelved with the cooking oils, although they also sell coconut oil that is specially pressed for use on skin and hair. You can also try jojoba oil since it is also nice and light (it's in the bodycare aisle at my local stores). There are so many other oils that others have found to work for their hair, but coconut and jojoba are the only ones that I have dealt with personally. Don't be afraid to experiment to see what your hair likes.

Coconut oil is very easy to apply. Just scrape a little bit out of the jar with your fingernail and rube it between the palms of your hands to warm it up and melt it. Then run your hands down the length of your hair. You can use either your hands or a boar bristle brush to further distribute the oil you applied.

If you wish to try oiling, I highly recommend you read heidi w.'s Oiling Tutorial (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=71).

ericthegreat
November 25th, 2010, 09:41 PM
I would murder members of my immediate family if I could have long straight asian hair that withstands heat like nobody's business. Then I could have the hair in K-pop videos I so envy! Damn you keratin treatments, Why you so expensive and formaldehyde-y?

Trust me, Asian hair isn't all its cracked up to be. Yes, our hair is straight. Its STUBBORNLY straight, as it resists any efforts to curl or style it in any other way other than just boring and straight. Its also very hard to get any volume into Asian hair, since its natural texture is so straight it simply falls flat against the head. Speaking as someone of Chinese descent, I've always hated my own natural hair to be honest. I've always envied people who are blondes and redheads! That's why I had my hair which is naturally jet black lightened and highlighted to beach blonde.......................I feel like this is the shade I should have been born with. :p

Arya
November 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM
hmmm...CO actually helps with greasy roots? I'm struggling with that one...seems like that's not the case
Okay, so if I go CO, what C do I go with? a cone free one? I do still occasionally use heat,,any generic brands available in Canada you could suggest?

Oh, and a trim wouldn't help the condition of my hair, because it's the hair that's already damaged/broken (about shoulder length in the longest layer of my hair) that has split ends/midshaft breakage, not the length. I think only S&D or a good chop would take care of this damage.

And Eric, you'll never convince me that asian hair isn't awesome. Its heat withstanding, dye withstanding powers of imperviousness and innate super glossy shine are too awesome. I grew up with asians, and lived in Japan for a bit. My boyfriend is Asian and I wish I could secretly switch scalps at night.

luxepiggy
November 26th, 2010, 02:57 AM
hmmm...CO actually helps with greasy roots? I'm struggling with that one...seems like that's not the case
Okay, so if I go CO, what C do I go with? a cone free one? I do still occasionally use heat,,any generic brands available in Canada you could suggest?

Oh, and a trim wouldn't help the condition of my hair, because it's the hair that's already damaged/broken (about shoulder length in the longest layer of my hair) that has split ends/midshaft breakage, not the length. I think only S&D or a good chop would take care of this damage.

And Eric, you'll never convince me that asian hair isn't awesome. Its heat withstanding, dye withstanding powers of imperviousness and innate super glossy shine are too awesome. I grew up with asians, and lived in Japan for a bit. My boyfriend is Asian and I wish I could secretly switch scalps at night.

Yes!! CO really does help with greasy roots. I'm due for a CO progress update photo soon. I'll post it here so you can assess for yourself (^(oo)^)v

My personal opinion is that hair which has sustained damage is better babied with cones, but that's something you'll have to figure out through trial & error, I'm afraid! I CO wash with Fekkai Brilliant Glossing on my scalp/roots and Pantene Ice Shine on the length.

Juneii
November 26th, 2010, 10:12 AM
you are just going to have to try out the cone and cone-free conditioners, everyone's hair responds differently to it. In my case, coney conditioner keeps my hair less oily and from sticking/clumping together and is easier to separate and detangle.
You can do slow trims to get rid of any damaged ends, I'm currently keeping my hair length around hip/tb and trimming away previous damage and layers :)

I agree with Eric on his views of Asian hair, I can never get my hair to do anything but fall flat. I always wanted hair with some volume and wave, straight hair can make a hairstyle look really severe if on the wrong face shape (mine for example :( ) we all must learn how to love and deal with our hair I guess :)

Intransigentia
November 26th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Seriously, CO really does help with greasy roots! I used to have a really, really greasy scalp. Where it would only look good for maybe 24 hours, and then even in an updo you could see it being all stringy. I think using shampoo was stripping out all the oil from my scalp (which, at the time, I thought was a good thing) and then my scalp was trying to protect itself by making MORE oil.

My transition to a happy scalp went like this:

I experimented with stretching the time between washes, using a boar bristle brush to spread the oil from my scalp down the length of my hair. Pros were, a good scalp scritching/brushing feels heavenly, and it did allow my second-day hair to look OK up, though I still wouldn't wear it down. Cons: I found it really time-consuming to give my hair a sufficiently thorough brushing, and I pulled out a lot of hair.
Next I tried conditioner-only washing. I really liked it, and my scalp did too. I used a super-cheap, lightweight conditioner first and gave my scalp a really good scrub with it, let that sit while washing the rest of me, then rinsed, and followed up with a thicker conditioner. I got good cleaning, good detangling, and my hair was definitely presentable on day 2, and not bad on day 3. I think I'd still be doing that routine, except that, out of curiosity, I tried...
The movie star oil shampoo method (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=57025) and it's the best thing that's ever happened to my hair, and my scalp tolerates it as long as it gets a good scrubbing, but doesn't get shampoo scrubbed into it. I've got moisture right down to the tips, the least tangling in my life, and ridiculous shine. I could probably go longer than every other day for washing, but it's cold out and showers are warm. The one thing you might not like is people with curl are reporting their waves/curls are more defined and last longer, and I have the impression you really like straight hair.

OK this post is getting really long... finding stuff in Canada:
- Goody now makes "spin pins" which are the equivalent of hair scroos. They work really well. I found mine at Walmart, which means they're probably everywhere.
- For lightweight conditioners with no silicone and not much protein, some varieties of VO5 are good (read the labels, because different "flavours" sometimes have different ingredients). My current favourite is even cheaper, the store-brand kind I get from Loblaws/Superstore ("Exact" brand). Not sure if you've got that out east, but I've also seen a few different drugstores' store brands with similar ingredients, but I haven't tried them yet because I haven't run out and needed to restock.

Thinthondiel
November 26th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Have you tried a moose or gel to keep the hair together

I'm sorry, I'm not usually one to point out spelling mistakes, but this one made me giggle a bit. Now I'm picturing people walking around with large woodland creatures in their hair. :o

Arya
November 26th, 2010, 12:33 PM
haha, you know what's ironic, juneji? I can get asian hair to curl and hold easier than mine! If you're not anti-heat I can link you to how to curl asian hair with a flat iron/ a million cute hairdos you can do with asian hair. I follow one japanese blog with a bunch of amazing updos for asian hair, you can follow along with what she does, or I can translate for you. Her hair is super long, too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/binosusume

Intra, I'm not sure to which hollywood method you're referring, there's a buuunch listed? Thaank you for your Canadian links, I'll look for em next time I'm in Walmart.

Okay, I'm having a shower now. Lets try this CO thing. Just scrub lots of conditioner into your roots, and spread it all over the rest eh? alright, lets see how it goes. Day 1!

Intransigentia
November 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Intra, I'm not sure to which hollywood method you're referring, there's a buuunch listed?

Yeah, there are a lot of ways to skin that particular cat. Different people are having luck with different methods and mixtures. So far the pattern seems to be, use the "plainest" soap or shampoo you can find, then trial and error to figure out how much coconut oil to use and what to do after (ACV or lemon rinse, conditioner, nothing...). There's no "just do this and I promise it will work" to it. I'm the kind of nerdy person who does experiments just because I like to; if you aren't, this might not be the method for you. Plus it's a lot of information to absorb if you haven't been following it as it develops, too.

I think starting by trying CO-washing is a great jumping off point for hair fun. Good luck with it, and I hope you like it!

Juneii
November 26th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not usually one to point out spelling mistakes, but this one made me giggle a bit. Now I'm picturing people walking around with large woodland creatures in their hair. :o

AHAHAHA oh my goodness, that's what I get for posting after waking up early for black friday :o

haha, you know what's ironic, juneji? I can get asian hair to curl and hold easier than mine! If you're not anti-heat I can link you to how to curl asian hair with a flat iron/ a million cute hairdos you can do with asian hair. I follow one japanese blog with a bunch of amazing updos for asian hair, you can follow along with what she does, or I can translate for you. Her hair is super long, too.

http://www.youtube.com/user/binosusume

Before I decided to ditch heat styling I did try to curl my hair with a flat iron. Sadly I think every one's hair is different, no matter how hard I try to the curl eventually falls out within an hour. The only thing that works fairly well is rag curling, but sometimes it just doesn't turn out perfect and lately as my hair is growing longer, the weight is pulling the curls out of my hair :(
but I LOVE watching binosusume's videos, her styles are really cute although I can't do some of them since they involve some form of damaging styling habits (which my hair does not take very kindly to).
yay for annoyingly stubborn hair! :D

p.s. (totally off topic) ahhh! her hair is longer than I thought! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51E5HchduL0). And it's as shiny as piggy's *__*
p.p.s thanks for the brief CO how-to Intransigentia, I didn't really give much thought to it until now ^__^

Arya
December 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
Okay guys, hair is drying from first CO wash (herbal essences moisturizing one). I accidentally used the shampoo bottle last time I washed my hair, so it was delayed by that (and essays) until now. Wish me luck!

little_cherry
December 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Hi there! Welcome!

First off all...what products do you use now? Some products with a high amount of sulfates can actually promote greasiness. What happens there is the more you wash, the greasier your scalp becomes because your body is saying "oh, I neeeed to pump out more sebum...it's so dry!"

Second of all, if you want to give any of the suggested washing techniques a go, clarify your hair first....it's quite possible your hair is tangling because of build up. Clarify your hair and do a lovely deep treatment like an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128) for a couple of hours.

As for the CO washing method, conditioner is awesome at removing oils...I heavily oiled my hair and used cone free conditioner soak and my hair is no longer oily...there is an adjustment period, though. Suave makes some nice cone free conditioners...I get mine from pharmacies or Walmart (I'm in Quebec).
Good luck! ^_^

Arya
December 1st, 2010, 10:08 PM
Well, I'm not sure how CO treated it because it's still wet...so far it seems exactly the same as when I used shampoo and conditioner! Very surprising.

What's up with aloe Gel in the SMT thing? Why is that good? I'm generally against using gel in my hair, but honey seems like it might be nice in hair.

Also making satin pillowcases for christmas for myself and my female relatives. I'm hoping it'll help cut down on night-time breakage.

little_cherry
December 1st, 2010, 11:04 PM
The aloe attracts moisture from the air (humectant) and is also very moisturising. Some peoples hair loves it, others not so much. My hair just loves aloe. It's not like a hair gel (it can be used like one). Make sure you use the clear aloe such as Fruit of the Earth.

Arya
December 4th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Well, I tried CO with my current conditioner. I was surprised at how clean it got my roots, but it all felt really....heavy and residue-y. Any suggestions another conditioner that might work better?

Kirin
December 4th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I have simillar hair to yours, and all the brilliant advice of WO, CO and CWC just would not work for my hair. It was very frustrating. These are all great methods...... but for some, like me, no matter how badly I wanted them to work, they didn't.

I was plagued by the same problems, and I can tell you what works for me. Shampoo is a must, or I got very greasy, limp and almost.......... "doll" smelling hair. I use a brand called Elasta QP moisturizing shampoo, that has no sulfates in it. If you check in the reviews I put a review of it up there, and if you can't find a store with it, it can be gotten online, even ebay, I think.

I do NOT use conditioner. Actually with this shampoo I don't need it, ever. Instead on the nape tangle area and length I use a generic "anti snap" leave in conditioner from sally's. This has worked the best BY FAR at taming my easily tangled hair.

Coconut oil never really worked either, but for me Carrot oils did. These are usually small 5ml bottles (sample sizes) at beauty stores for about 99 cents. Some contain mineral oil, but that never bothered me. I've not cared too much about if it penetrated, but about giving an outter barrier to my ends from wind and tangling.

Braiding at night, is a must!

Sadly for the bobby pin not staying in, barrettes, clips or sticks, they never worked for me either, not without the support of hair spray, so I have no good advice on that one LOL........ still looking for the miracle.

ddiana1979
December 4th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I also have similar hair to yours, and the greasy root problem. I tried CO and my hair looked gorgeous for about a week, and then it started to look greasy all over, even though I was using a very light (volumizing) cone-free conditioner. I'll probably try it again at some point, because it really did make my hair look great for awhile.

I currently CWC (cone-free conditioner, low sulfate shampoo) every other day. I only shampoo the scalp. On the first C, I only condition the length. On the last C, I condition all of my hair. After blotting dry with a towel, I apply a liberal amount of aloe to wet hair, comb very gently with a wide toothed comb, and let it air dry. After it's dry, I brush gently with a BBB, because the aloe tends to make the strands stick together slightly. After it's brushed, it looks nice & smooth with no flyaways. :D It also makes my hair shiny.

And RE: the bobby pin issue, I HIGHLY recommend Goody's Spin Pins. I LOVE them. I currently own six because I'm so afraid I'll lose them. They're the only thing that keeps my hair up right now. . . everything else just slips right through my hair within minutes. Oh, and aloe helps with layers too. . . I slather on some aloe before doing an updo, and it keeps the little pieces from falling out and looking messy.

AnnaJamila
December 4th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I had a twin head of hair and CO solved most of my problems along with oiling! LOOOOOOVE it! And I would recommend cutting out the layers, in my opinion it makes the hair thicker and a lot easier to put up etc. But honey? as a straighty you will ALWAYS have "fun" with updos!

little_cherry
December 5th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Usually when people CO, they use 2 types of conditioner; A heavier one for cleansing and a lighter one for conditioning. Some even use the same conditioner twice; one for the massage ans long soak, and the other as a normal conditioner. I found the double conditioning method to be very cleansing. I used to have a very greasy scalp (I would be a grease-ball by the end of the day) and found that going slowly off SLS shampoos by moving onto a Sulfate free shampoo really helped with the transition to CO. I clarified between switching shampoos. There will be an adjustment period-- there always is, but things will get better as your scalp adjusts to the cleanser and starts producing less and less oil. I never get greasy now and am now washing with herbs. So I basically did this:

SLS-> Sulfate free->CO->Herbal washes.

My hair has adjusted well. Of course, YMMV.

For starting CO, I recommend cone free conditioners simply because they build up slower than coney conditioners...if your hair likes cones, you could reintroduce them into the COing routine later down the track when your hair has adjusted. Many here use a coney conditioner as their second conditioner-- I did at one point.

Arya
December 5th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I really don't know whether my hair likes cones or hates cones. Maybe I should find out that first? There should really be an Order of Operations around here!!

i think I'm going to try CO with cones for a bit, and see how it works for me.

I don't like using product that you have to wash out of your hair at the end of the day, because I don't like washing my hair everyday. I basically want to find a way to keep my short layers/bangs not greasy for 2-3 days, so I don't have to wash my hair every day/every other day. If I shower every day, my hair and skin turn all dry and horrible, so ideally, I'd find a shampoo or conditioner related cure for greasy bangs/roots. just one WO rinse/rain is enough to make my hair angry greasy and knotty.

Also, I have been looking for these mythical hair scroos EVERYWHERE but no one knows what I'm talking about :( .
Kirin: If I don't use conditioner, my hair turns into one giant dry knot. I'm glad you figured out something that works for you, though! Love your name, is it based off the Japanese Dragon, or something else?

AnnaJamila: My hair looks terrible if I leave it down and don't have any layers. I look very unsophistocated and young. Thick hair looks good blunt, but I don't like the way mine looks without layers down. It does complicate the updos, though.

ChloeDharma: That's some great advice! I never see jojoba oil or sweet almond oil around though. Where do you buy it?

beez1717
December 6th, 2010, 02:48 AM
My hair is a grease ball so I guess I'm going to have to find out if my hair likes cones or not. Is there any common brand of shampoo that doesn't have cones in it? Right now I'm going sulfate free and I don't know how that is working. I think cone free might be for me. I think that cones may make my hair seem super greasy so that may be your problem.