PDA

View Full Version : Growing older with long hair.

girlcat36
November 25th, 2010, 05:43 PM
I came across this article about not cutting your hair just because you are getting a little older.
http://www.whylonghair.com/long-hair-care/growing-older-with-long-hair/
I especially enjoyed reading all the comments from a lot of over 50 ladies!

DARKMARTIAN
November 25th, 2010, 05:54 PM
I really wish I saw more older women with long hair......
As the article states....some women just cant "support" it later in life but even those who can, so many times go the other way. Too bad they dont embrace the potential.....

but we should have our hair they way we want.....

princessp
November 25th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I agree, the comments are great!

jojo
November 25th, 2010, 05:59 PM
What a lovely site, ive bookmarked that for when ever I feel like chopping. Some lovely comments from the older ladies.

cuddledumplin
November 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM
That's a great site. I feel like my hair is something that beautifies me, and I'm not cutting it off just because I'm getting older.

girlcat36
November 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM
I liked the comments because sometimes it's good to get an 'outsider'(non-LHCer) opinion of long hair after a certain age.

Carolyn
November 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I liked the comments because sometimes it's good to get an 'outsider'(non-LHCer) opinion of long hair after a certain age.:D Yes I so agree with that! We can be in kind of our own little long hair bubble sometimes. I loved the comments too.

ilovelonghair
November 25th, 2010, 09:18 PM
The owner of the blog said in her section 'about me': "I’m in my mid-30s now, with two small children, and no, I don’t intend to cut it." I can't get over the idea that she thinks that people think she should cut it.

And she says: "These days you just don’t see many older women with longer hair. Most moms I know have short hair because it’s easier to cope with around young children."

Older???? Mid 30's????

Madora
November 25th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Golly, I guess the owner of that blog would consider me absolutely antidiluvian at age 64!

Robbin
November 25th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Did you mention a link to here? :)

Dragon
November 26th, 2010, 12:19 AM
I’ve seen this site before. It's a great site. I wish I saw more older people around with long hair. I know a middle aged lady who cut there SL hair very short last Christmas and all the other short haired ladies likes it and thinks it makes her look younger. I don’t think it does but I think her new colour suits her better.

Toadstool
November 26th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I too am loving the comments and find them inspiring.:)

Xandergrammy
November 26th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the link, girlcat. I also loved the comments, especially from the 50 and older women. I hope I am able to care for my own hair (or have someone who loves me care for it) for many years to come. My only complaint is that my own hair isn't turning white fast enough! :gabigrin: