PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a good sylist?

Mishka_84
June 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
I really need to get a trim; I can't put it off any longer. But I'm worried about finding a good hairstylist that I can trust to not try to cut it all off. Does anyone know of a good stylist near or around Columbus GA? Or recommendations on how to find one?

Thank you in advance for any responses. :)

spidermom
June 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM
One way to find a good stylist is to "lurk". Go in there and pretend to look at the style books. If anybody asks, you are thinking about a change and looking at some pictures. Watch the stylists. You will soon figure out who is scissor happy and who isn't.

Other suggestions: See a long-hair with obviously well-trimmed ends and ask who does her hair. Look for a long-haired stylist.

Or come visit me; I have a good one.

akurah
June 2nd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Since you only want a trim, it might behoove you to visit a mens barber instead. They rarely have notions like stylists do, and often will trim exactly what you want, no more and no less.

Zombiekins
June 2nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
Ditto-ing Akurah. Male barbers don't really get invested in your hair and "look" like stylists tend to. Another option would be one of those chain "Super Cuts"-type places. They're all about getting people in and out with the basic kind of cuts. The two best trims I've ever had were from one of those. No need for washing, and when you say "two inch trim, please" they listen and get it done. :)

Florida Mom
June 3rd, 2008, 06:50 AM
For my last trim, I went to a stylist who had long hair (I'd say hip length, but it was up and hard to tell), that was also virgin hair. So she completely understood and truly trimmed only a 1/2". So that's my advice!