PDA

View Full Version : ok, so is it that terrible for a guy to use bobby pins?

keepmyhair
November 25th, 2010, 07:46 AM
Last few days I have been tying a half ponytail, and using bobby pins to keep stray hair from coming over my face. From all that I have tried this seems to be the most comfortable for me.

However, has been an interesting experience noticing people's reaction when they can see the bobby pins (which happens only when someone is just a couple of feet away from me).

I think some people understand that I am trying to keep hair out of my face, while some people stare and are probably thinking "why is this guy wearing bobby pins", but the reaction that amuses me the most, is when people think they cannot take a guy with bobby pins seriously. Off course no one says anything, but I can feel it, that some people will not take me seriously if they see the bobby pins.

Not that this really bothers me (I have actually come to find it quite amusing), but just felt like sharing it.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6730&pictureid=89634

slythwolf
November 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Gender policing is a strange and often ridiculous thing.

IStand4u
November 25th, 2010, 08:00 AM
My tattoo artist wears his hair in half ups and uses bobby pins... :shrug:

Honestly, I think he looks really good :eyebrows:
Hehe... Shh, don't tell!

Marjolein
November 25th, 2010, 08:05 AM
Are they pink, glittery and with little butterflies on top? If not, I don't see why people should stare at them at all.

Yozhik
November 25th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Bah, whatever -- don't pay them any mind! It's for your convenience, and if they choose to underestimate you, then it's their fault and to your advantage.

Last time my boyfriend was growing out his hair, my friend lent him a bobby pin to get his bangs out of his face. Now he's regrowing again (after having worked in a bank for a year), and I've recently got him into wearing my black cloth headband to keep back his hair. I think it makes him look quite good and soccer-playerish. :)

Drynwhyl
November 25th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I know, it baffles me! It's normal for "macho" preppy guys to wear pink shirts with rhinestones and glittery earrings, but plain bobby pins on a long haired guy is weird? My (longhaired) boyfriend wears pins when he's at home, but he's still not brave enough to wear them around other people because they already stare an him enough :P

Peter
November 25th, 2010, 08:39 AM
Sigh, rigid gender roles...

Good to know it doesn't bother you. :)

keepmyhair
November 25th, 2010, 08:51 AM
I know, it baffles me! It's normal for "macho" preppy guys to wear pink shirts with rhinestones and glittery earrings, but plain bobby pins on a long haired guy is weird? My (longhaired) boyfriend wears pins when he's at home, but he's still not brave enough to wear them around other people because they already stare an him enough :P

Yes, I felt that way too. I actually hesitated before stepping out with the pins, but then I thought 'oh well !', and stepped out anyways.

Now it is becoming a mind game for me :-) I am trying to see if I can get into a Zen like state where I only smile at whatever reaction I get, and move on.

Bobby pins may be good for mindfullness training :-)

Maverick494
November 25th, 2010, 09:24 AM
I guess I'd have to see it to decide what I think of it. But since I barely notice it when girls use pins, I don't think I would even see them when a guy does it, unless you're using a ton of them.

To be honest, in todays society the gender 'rules' have become so rigid you only have to deviate a little to be considered abnormal.

For example:
Just the other day I was watching the film Banlieu 13 (District 13 in English) where a traceur (=someone who does Parkour) and a professional martial artist showed off their moves. I loved it but people around me were saying how they could sense "gay" vibes, just because it was a story about two guys teaming up to get something done instead of the typical boy meets girl thing. It just showed me once again that these days anything can be considered not acceptable and it's just ridiculous.

So really, if the bobbypins work for you and you don't look like a christmas tree where the lights aren't working you shouldn't worry about it. I think your attitude is great and many of the so called manly men are often insecure deep inside.

trolleypup
November 25th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Heh. Not bobby pins, but sparkly hair adornments, when I was driving buses, I had a particular regular rider who always made offensive remarks (let's just say he was as far from being my target audience and still be human as you can get)...I finally went to Chinatown and got a hairclip covered in about a gross of pale blue and white rhinestones...the next time he stepped up, I showed it to him and said I got it because I knew he'd like it. He turned red, said he would never ride my bus again, got off, and, I'll give him credit, never did ride again.

JulietCapulet
November 25th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Being someone who worked in theater for a while it doesn't seem strange to me. I think it's ok.

spidermom
November 25th, 2010, 09:57 AM
I've never seen a guy use bobby pins before so I'm sure I'd have to take a second look, but there would be no "weirdness" vibes. Pins are pretty handy to keep hair out of face, that's for sure.

purple_figtree
November 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Guys need to keep their hair out of their faces too, I don't see anything wrong with using bobby pins. They're black and not very noticeable, but even if they were pink sparkly flower barrettes, I don't see why people have such weird hang-ups about what is supposedly feminine and what is masculine - they're artificial constructs and change hugely over time.

I'm glad that it doesn't bother you, people can be very cruel.

keepmyhair
November 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM
So really, if the bobbypins work for you and you don't look like a christmas tree where the lights aren't working you shouldn't worry about it. I think your attitude is great and many of the so called manly men are often insecure deep inside.

Haha, definitely not like a Christmas tree when the lights are out... it's just 2 black bobby pins :-)

I've never seen a guy use bobby pins before so I'm sure I'd have to take a second look, but there would be no "weirdness" vibes. Pins are pretty handy to keep hair out of face, that's for sure.

I agree with you. It's very uncommon. I have seen only 2 guys use pins. I actually saw one at a conference. He had his hair pinned up in a half-up style. I recollect admiring his courage.

MinderMutsig
November 25th, 2010, 10:47 AM
No it's not terrible and really not that weird either.

Personally though I prefer if bobbypins are as invisible as possible. I always insert them in a way that only the very end is visible. Let me see if I can explain....

Open the bobby pin a bit with your fingers, hold it with the opening facing down and the bendy bit facing your head. Now hook the bendy bit around the strand you want to secure, flip the bobby pin over so the opening is facing up and the bendy bit is to the outside and then slide it in under the rest of your hair.
If done correctly your loose strands will be secured back and you will only see the curved end and if you are really successful you can't even see that part.

Does that make sense?

Speckla
November 25th, 2010, 10:50 AM
There's nothing terrible about it. Sometimes it's people's reactions that are terrible. I'd probably do a doubletake because I've never seen a guy wearing bobbypins but I wouldn't gawk and be opened mouth.

Juneii
November 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
How rude, I didn't realize bobby pins were for women only.. Strangers are so judgmental of others :(

Unofficial_Rose
November 25th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Heh. Not bobby pins, but sparkly hair adornments, when I was driving buses, I had a particular regular rider who always made offensive remarks (let's just say he was as far from being my target audience and still be human as you can get)...I finally went to Chinatown and got a hairclip covered in about a gross of pale blue and white rhinestones...the next time he stepped up, I showed it to him and said I got it because I knew he'd like it. He turned red, said he would never ride my bus again, got off, and, I'll give him credit, never did ride again.

That is FANTASTIC! DS (15) wears pink ponytail bands to school to make a point, but he's not quite into rhinestones yet. :D

Shellby
November 25th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Good for you for finding a solution to the hair in your face thing. Who cares what it was. Even if it was sparkly butterfly rhinestone ones who should care what you do? I am so irritated by people who think we all should fit some cookie cutter mold! I don't think I would give them more than a "Hey that is a good idea" look. I love your Zen attitude! I need to find that in myself.

keepmyhair
November 25th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Open the bobby pin a bit with your fingers, hold it with the opening facing down and the bendy bit facing your head. Now hook the bendy bit around the strand you want to secure, flip the bobby pin over so the opening is facing up and the bendy bit is to the outside and then slide it in under the rest of your hair.
If done correctly your loose strands will be secured back and you will only see the curved end and if you are really successful you can't even see that part.

Does that make sense?

Thanks, I think I understand. It seems like a good idea, but tell me one thing. Will this technique hold just a few hair? Will it work if there is more than a few hair that do not reach the ponytail? Perhaps I would have to use more pins in that case?

Haha great attitude :cheese:

MinderMutsig
November 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Thanks, I think I understand. It seems like a good idea, but tell me one thing. Will this technique hold just a few hair? Will it work if there is more than a few hair that do not reach the ponytail? Perhaps I would have to use more pins in that case?
It should hold just as much as other ways of inserting bobbypins but it might take some practice to get them in the bobby pin with this method.:)

bluesnowflake
November 25th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I might take a second look just because it's unusual, but I think it's fine- hey, whatever works!

rusika1
November 25th, 2010, 12:36 PM
If I were to take a second look, it would be because I was thinking "Neat. A man who's not afraid to wear bobby pins." And possibly "Nice hair."

david
November 25th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Well when I was growing my hair I found bobby pins essential to keep any stray pieces of hair out of the way. Currently I would still use them for certain styles and I also wear barrettes etc. So I would just say not to worry about peoples reactions, be yourself and don't worry about it. Generally if people do a double take etc its because they personally probably just haven't seen it before. But as long as you have confidence in doing it they will probably just think that its pretty cool.

I remember the first time I wore a barrette to secure a ponytail. I got people asking me about it but they ended up just giving me compliments. So go for it. But I do agree the male/female barrier is a little silly these days.

spitfire511
November 25th, 2010, 01:20 PM
I think it makes you cool. :)

We were in the checkout line at the store recently when my DD (3yo) asked, "Mommy, why does that man in front of us have a ponytail holder in his hair like you do?" (My DH is losing his hair so it's SUPER short, and we don't really have any long-haired male friends.)

I said, "Well, he wants to hold his hair back out of his face, just like mommy does sometimes."

Then came my moment of pride. She says, "Oh. That makes sense. Mister, you sure do have pretty hair." The gentleman and I both chuckled, but I was so glad to have the chance to show her how people doing something different than what you're used to can be cool.

david
November 25th, 2010, 01:36 PM

We were in the checkout line at the store recently when my DD (3yo) asked, "Mommy, why does that man in front of us have a ponytail holder in his hair like you do?" (My DH is losing his hair so it's SUPER short, and we don't really have any long-haired male friends.)

I said, "Well, he wants to hold his hair back out of his face, just like mommy does sometimes."

Then came my moment of pride. She says, "Oh. That makes sense. Mister, you sure do have pretty hair." The gentleman and I both chuckled, but I was so glad to have the chance to show her how people doing something different than what you're used to can be cool.

Thats awesome, you have taught your Daughter well. :)

Angeletti
November 25th, 2010, 08:48 PM
I don't see anything wrong if you want to use bobby pins to keep the hair out of your face. I find them gender neutral unless of course they were pink and sparkly (which there is nothing wrong if you like that sort of thing IMO) : )

Druid of Alba
November 25th, 2010, 11:34 PM
I think that it's awesome that you don't care about meaningless gender roles which have absolutely no purpose!
I'm a guy, and I really love braids, small braids, like accent braids. I think they look so earthy, kind of Celtic, I think they look great, so I often just braid the front part of my hair over to the side, I think it's called a Lauren Conrad braid haha. I couldn't care less what people think, either! So good for you! Good for us!
My hair's not quite long enough to be all tied back without the front parts slipping out, either! I've used bobby pins, too, but I usually don't like having my hair all tied back, because I have large ears. Once my hair is long enough to be tied back and still cover the top half of my ears (when it doesn't need to be tucked behind my ears), I'll tie it more.

Dragon
November 26th, 2010, 12:07 AM

Same, never see guys using them but defiantly not weird.

ilovelonghair
November 26th, 2010, 12:16 AM
I don't think it's weird at all, but I wonder how bobby pins stay in people's hair, for me they just sag out. I need those clip thingies. Even in a bun they are difficult to keep in, or they get mangled by my hair LOL

horseprincess
November 26th, 2010, 01:35 AM
I don't see why it should matter.

leslissocool
November 26th, 2010, 02:03 AM

:rolling: I would have paid money to see his face! Oh how amusing prejudiced people can be :wigtongue !

Truth is, I really don't mind. I did talked my 11 year old into no wanting to wear bright pink shirts (he had a problem with people calling him gay at school because of the pink fixation, he thanked me afterwards because I guess it was a big deal to him), I personally think pink should be left to girls and the overly stereotyped macho man who wear clothes that are way too tight for them. But that is just my opinion, if men want to wear it, go for it! I won't stare unless they are dressed in some kind of 80's synthetic afro, combines with some really loud and obnoxious pants. And if I do, I might just want to take a picture with them:cheese:.

On the other hand... bobby pins? I get if they weren't expecting to find one, and they looked and saw it and had a look like "oh, there you are!" but actually giving you nasty looks for having a bobby pin? Wow, incredible.

Back in the 70's and 80's where rocks rtars dressed like women (twister sister) or wore really girly outfits (hair metal bands) and now a days, where kids are going around dressing metro and wearing sparkle purple or animal print belts (kinda like the 80's), why is it still shocking to see bobby pins?

keepmyhair
November 26th, 2010, 02:14 AM

This is absolutely wonderful. Your daughter is very lucky to have such wonderful guidance !

Guys need to keep their hair out of their faces too, I don't see anything wrong with using bobby pins. They're black and not very noticeable, but even if they were pink sparkly flower barrettes, I don't see why people have such weird hang-ups about what is supposedly feminine and what is masculine - they're artificial constructs and change hugely over time.

I'm glad that it doesn't bother you, people can be very cruel.

Good for you for finding a solution to the hair in your face thing. Who cares what it was. Even if it was sparkly butterfly rhinestone ones who should care what you do? I am so irritated by people who think we all should fit some cookie cutter mold! I don't think I would give them more than a "Hey that is a good idea" look. I love your Zen attitude! I need to find that in myself.

I don't see anything wrong if you want to use bobby pins to keep the hair out of your face. I find them gender neutral unless of course they were pink and sparkly (which there is nothing wrong if you like that sort of thing IMO) : )

That's right :-) . The ones I wear are black, and quite subtle, but even if they were pink it really should not matter much.

Shellby, I have found the Zen attitude to be generally helpful, and definetely worth pursuing (though I still have a long way to go).

I might take a second look just because it's unusual, but I think it's fine- hey, whatever works!

If I were to take a second look, it would be because I was thinking "Neat. A man who's not afraid to wear bobby pins." And possibly "Nice hair."

If I notice something unusual, I too take a second look, and to be honest there was a time when I too would judge things that were unsual (according to my restricted world view).

I feel very glad and blessed that I have evolved and become accepting of tastes different from mine.

Generally if people do a double take etc its because they personally probably just haven't seen it before. But as long as you have confidence in doing it they will probably just think that its pretty cool.

I remember the first time I wore a barrette to secure a ponytail. I got people asking me about it but they ended up just giving me compliments. So go for it. But I do agree the male/female barrier is a little silly these days.

That's right, the 'confidence' thing makes a huge difference.

I got a lot of double takes today (even with a simple Alice band, and ponytail), but the second look was mostly a smile :-)

Interesting observation: Most of the people who smiled were women. The guys preferred to remain poker faced. Off course nothing wrong with either reaction :-)

ilovelonghair
November 26th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Keepmyhair, isn't long hair for men getting a bit more main stream in India at the moment? I noticed more long hair in Bollywood movies last couple of years. One thing I always found odd is that long hair seemed to have been wide spread in India in the past (from pictures you see in temples etc.) but that nowadays nearly all men have short hair. How did that happen? Is that because of the English?

lesbia
November 27th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think bobby pins in general are orrible :) but if you like them and if you feel comfortable with them up, why not? :D

MajorasMask
November 27th, 2010, 10:19 AM
In my opinion, it just looks awkward.

Peter
November 27th, 2010, 12:32 PM
A related personal anecdote: When I was first learning to braid, I couldn't do a single braid behind my head. It was easy for me to do two braids in front of my shoulders (otherwise known as pigtails), but I was hesitant because this is seen as very feminine and a "girls-only" kind of thing. I did it anyway, and I got a few strange looks but one of my friends actually told me it was pretty. I didn't get any strong reactions either way, which surprised me; I guess people just didn't care as much as I thought. So if you're worried about having a certain hairstyle in public, just go for it, you might be pleasantly surprised. :)

09robiha
November 28th, 2010, 10:06 AM
sigh...how silly. Bobbypins, to me at least, are not gender specific. My best mate (a he) spent a whole day in college with glittery flower hair clips in just to make a point, it was very funny!

Quahatundightu
November 28th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Are you sure they're not just admiring your hair?? XD Rock on my friend, nothin wrong with bobby pins on a guy!

Pierre
November 28th, 2010, 01:00 PM
As long as they're Robert pins, and not Roberta pins, I see nothing wrong with it. :D I use tiny Flexis for that, but maybe soon I'll get some bobby pins and make a flat updo which is warmer than a bun or two.

beez1717
November 29th, 2010, 01:36 PM
I love bobby pins. Just goes to say that the best item for the job is what works. oh well. anyway, i'm glad that you decided to do what you want and not go by what society told you. Your a free man :)

Nae
November 29th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Oh noes!! A man with bobby pins! Whatever shall we do? :rolleyes:

Seriously, they are called "Bobby" pins, that is just asking for a male to pick them up and use them.

Carry on with your bobby pin style and don't let the stares get to you. They are just awestruck is all. :D

Mutinous
November 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I am a man, I do use/have used them before in public and I didn't feel terrible. That said, you may have to brace yourself for some comments.

PartyPickle
November 29th, 2010, 02:51 PM

So funny. Excellent!

People can be so silly (and have such short cultural memories when it comes to gender defining). Glad the OP finds it more amusing than offensive. Bobby pin away!

keepmyhair
November 30th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Keepmyhair, isn't long hair for men getting a bit more main stream in India at the moment? I noticed more long hair in Bollywood movies last couple of years. One thing I always found odd is that long hair seemed to have been wide spread in India in the past (from pictures you see in temples etc.) but that nowadays nearly all men have short hair. How did that happen? Is that because of the English?

You are right, most pictures of men from a few hundred years back in India seem to have long hair. I am not quite sure when or how the transition happened.

More recently long hair in India, seems to be gaining in acceptability. Bollywood stars, as well as regular folk also are trying out long hair. But the percentage is still very less. I see long haired guys, about 1 out of 100 times (or maybe even less).

ilovelonghair
December 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
It's till quite rare in the west too, but I think it slowly gets more acceptable :) Where I live for example, no one finds it strange if a man has long hair, there are plenty who have :)

keepmyhair
December 1st, 2010, 09:13 PM
In my opinion, it just looks awkward.

Sure, perhaps that is the reason why people do a double take when they see a guy wearing bobby pins (or any hair accessories for that matter).

At the same time maybe it looks awkward because it's still very rare to see guys using accessories. Perhaps if more guys did use accessories, then it would not look awkward.

Raekwon
December 1st, 2010, 09:36 PM
If you feel comfortable doing it then that's cool. I just have my mom braid my ponytail up and where a fitted cap.

keepmyhair
December 2nd, 2010, 04:16 AM
It's till quite rare in the west too, but I think it slowly gets more acceptable :) Where I live for example, no one finds it strange if a man has long hair, there are plenty who have :)

Yes, that's true, it's far more common in the west than here in India. But things have changed here too in the last couple years. A few years back it would have been 'really really uncommon', now it is 'quite uncommon' :-)

Felt like giving an update on my experience using bobby pins.

First, they are marvelous. I am just surprised why guys don't use them in the awkward phase. They are absolutely great at keeping hair in place.

However, I still do get strange looks from people. Today I was in a shop, where some people actually could not stop looking and actually started giggling :confused:.

Then I went to another shop for something else, and the owner gave me really strange looks, but he did give me what I went there for (incidentally it was Arnica Montana 30C which I am going to try for hairloss)

I think I am seeing a pattern, so now I can almost look at a person and guess their reaction.

But all in all, I find the pins extremely comfortable, and will continue to use them. :D

It should hold just as much as other ways of inserting bobbypins but it might take some practice to get them in the bobby pin with this method.:)

Hey MinderMutsig, I tried this several times, but just cannot manage to get it right. Do you need really long bobby pins for this to work?

Thanks.

C. sinensis
December 14th, 2010, 09:40 AM

This. :D

Aww! That's cute!

As long as they're Robert pins, and not Roberta pins... *snip*

LOL! :laugh:

I don't know what color your hair is, but I thought I'd point out that they make bobby pins in different (hair) colors, and having the right color helps make them less noticeable. :)

Sheltie_Momma
December 14th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Well first of all I think everyone can and should wear whatever they want. There should be a universal right to not have wispy hair in our faces!

Second, I'm five feet tall, so a guy could have 25 bobby pins and a small poodle up on the top of his head and I wouldn't even be able to see it unless he was like sitting at a desk and I was standing up or some such thing. So I'd have to wonder why people are all up in your personal space to notice such a small thing anyways.

Now, if I saw a man with bobby pins and he had used them to make a bangs poof, well, he might get a second glance, not in a bad way but it would catch my attention.

cataphract
December 14th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Unless it was brightly colored I wouldn't even look twice. And if it was brightly colored I'd be looking whether it was on a man or a woman, just because brightly colored things seem to magnet my eyes.

I think men/women should be allowed to wear what they want - bright sparkly pink or not. I think since women are often able to easily get away with wearing men's things (hats, pants, suspenders, jackets and what have you) that it's only fair that men should be allowed to wear traditionally women's things.

Then again, I'm not uncomfortable in the presence of transvestites or transgendered individuals.

ETA:
Clarifying: not that I'm implying anyone's preferences, just thought it might be pertinent to my general tolerances on the subject.

keepmyhair
December 14th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know what color your hair is, but I thought I'd point out that they make bobby pins in different (hair) colors, and having the right color helps make them less noticeable. :)

My hair is black, so it's quite easy for me to find bobby pins that camaflouge well, but still they are visible for someone who is a few feet away from me. Places like the gym, shops, ... etc

It does make people stare... a few times people have actually looked and then looked back as if saying in their mind "is this guys really wearing pins" LOL :D

sweetestpoison
May 5th, 2011, 08:24 AM
i think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a guy keeping his hair looking nice. I wish my brothers did that when they had long hair.. maybe i can convince them to take care of it when they grow it out again >.>

ashke50
May 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Gender policing is a strange and often ridiculous thing.
This is so true!

And hopefully the more people break the "gender rules", the weaker the rules will become.

Fingolphin
May 5th, 2011, 09:08 AM
I have worn them on occasion, but not too often. Usually it's when I'm mowing the lawn or something. I have worn them a few times in public, and people definitely do look. Yeah, gender constructs are weird. Just yesterday I was at the store and I had blue flip-flops on, and this little girl (about 3 or 4) asked her mommy if I was really a boy or something like that, and her mom said, "yeah, boys can wear flip-flops too." :)

elbow chic
May 5th, 2011, 10:21 AM
The pins themselves actually strike me as super-utilitarian, which we usually think of as a masculine thing.

Deborah
May 5th, 2011, 12:05 PM
It just depends on how you want the general public to perceive you. If you don't mind being thought of as slightly effeminate, then wear them and don't worry about what others think. If this perception bothers you, you should probably try something else, maybe hairspray.

PeacenQuietGal
May 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I cannot imagine how bobby pins on a man would create a slightly effeminate impression, unless there are other more obvious affectations about the man that give that impression. But bobby pins, by themselves - no way! The masulinity of the man doesn't dissapear with the bobby pins - they are, as someone else said, stricktly utilitarian.

racrane
May 5th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Considering that I'm a musical theater major who is quite used to men wearing wigs and makeup this doesn't bother me at all. I think men and women should do what they want regardless of what society thinks.

Braidy
May 5th, 2011, 03:08 PM
I think I wouldn't even notice unless they were the kind with bright flowers or butterflies or whatever on it. You know... the kind I don't think any man would wear unless for a dress up or to draw the attention. But if they're just ordinary bobby pins to keep hair out of the way, why not? Everyone has the right to have their hair out of the way.

gthlvrmx
May 5th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Why is it bad...?:D Almost makes me laugh! I remember i was a freshman and i saw one of the trombone players with his shoulder length hair down but had a bobby pin in it :p I was surprised, but that was then and I along with other kids of my age were still slightly immature. I just found it odd, but if it works it works. I use them :D Bobby pins have no gender. Neither does a lot of hair stuff :p

gossamer
May 5th, 2011, 05:53 PM
I can't think of any reason why it would be weird. If a guy wants to keep his hair out of his eyes and up, why shouldn't he use whatever tools are available to him?