PDA

View Full Version : First LHC Year - Pictorial Review

CrisDee
November 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I missed the actual anniversary date by a few days, I didn't get a chance to sit down at the computer and put a post together until today (guess you can tell I'm not hosting the Thanksgiving dinner at my house! :D )

But first - a little background. Here is a shot of my hair pre-henna, pre-LHC, in "the old days." I'd been chemically dying it red for 20 years. Did it the "right way," roots only for 18 minutes, pulling it down the length for 5 minutes, every 4 weeks. I did get compliments out the wazzoo, but as you can see, it was pretty damaged. My normally fine hair was made spiderweb-fine by all those years of not only the chemical dye, but daily S/C washing, blow drying and large-barrel curling ironing:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4380&pictureid=56462

I had just discovered henna. Had my hair cut into a style I thought was a good idea at the time (WAY too many layers!), and did my first henna - LOVED the way it came out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4380&pictureid=89175

Thought I researched it fairly well, but somehow missed the memo about heat discoloring it - so I continued daily S/C, blow-drying and large barrel ironing. Within a few days, I'd ruined the color I liked so much, and darkened it to this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4380&pictureid=89174

In a fit of frustration and fury (not only at my hair, but at my life), I chopped all my hair off to this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4379&pictureid=66581

Kept it short for about 6 months until the chemical dyed hair underneath grew out, kept henna'ing, often as much as a weekly gloss, and wondered why it got so dark. (DUH!) :doh:

Continued next post....

CrisDee
November 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM
In November of last year, I finally decided to do what the ladies on the H4H board had been telling me to do for months, to fine-tune my henna recipe - go over to the Long Hair Community board. I resisted for quite a while, thinking I had disqualified myself from this forum with my big chop of March 09. And I discovered all you fabulous people!!

Here's my hair when I discovered LHC:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6695&pictureid=89176

And here are some shots I took just now:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6695&pictureid=89170

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6695&pictureid=89171

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6695&pictureid=89172

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6695&pictureid=89173

Sometimes I get a little down, cos I still have so far to go, especially with the front - you can see it still looks quite short from the front. But I guess I really have come a long way with the length - and quantum leaps with the health! Thanks to all you wonderful people who share your knowledge so freely, Thanksgiving blessing to you all!

Nae
November 25th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Wow, really gorgeous! Look at that shine, I am blinded!!!! Ahhhhh! (No really, that is fantastic.) I have a similar length but I have been hanging out there for a while trying to get rid of the short bits in the front. I swear you and I had the same super short cut at one point.

At any rate, great growth, great shine and I am glad you came over to the boards. Good job CrisDee!!!

foggybrooke
November 25th, 2010, 07:29 AM
You have beautiful hair! And, a ton of growth! I love the henna!

Synthemesc
November 25th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Whoa nelly, the SHINE! Let me just go get my sunglasses.

mali
November 25th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Your hair looks amazing!!

ooo
November 25th, 2010, 07:54 AM
wow! These are wonderful results within just one year! Congrats!

pepperminttea
November 25th, 2010, 08:52 AM
That's some great growth - and goodness, that shine! :cool:

serious
November 25th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Your hair looks amazingly beautiful, especially on that last picture!
Awesome color and shine!

Marjolein
November 25th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Wow, henna seems to be made for you!! That color, that SHINE!! And the color really suits your skintone. You achieved a lot in such a short time frame, be proud!!

jaine
November 25th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Crisdee your hair looks so beautiful and shiny and healthy!!!! :) And it has grown so much!!!

freckles
November 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
it looks great! :) you've come a long way! happy growing. :blossom:

Speckla
November 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
You look very pretty with the short do. But wow to the longer and hennaed hair! Lucky girl to look so pretty both ways! Good growing.

Intransigentia
November 25th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Maybe it was even a good thing to have cut it - you got rid of all that damage in one shot - and your new hair is absolutely gorgeous. Seriously, shampoo-commercial computer-enhanced beautiful, only real. Way to go.

Dreamkitty
November 25th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Wow, your hair sure has grown. Looks absoluetly healthy, shiny and beautiful colour!:) I think you look fantastic with both short or long hair as others have said.

jojo
November 25th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Your hair is looking fantastic and I agree with the others on the shine factor:thudpile: try not to get too hung up on the length (hard and frustrating I know) but continue to treat it kindly, trust me when I say in a year or 2 the health you have now will reach from the roots to the tips. You have very enviable hair, which will look even more beautiful as it reaches longer lengths,, well done and keep up the excellent work.

DavidN
November 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Congratulations, CrisDee, on your LHC anniverasry, and here's to many more years in our community!:cheer:

Thank you for sharing with us your hair history, and you have come such a long ways since your cut. Your hair is healthy and shiny, the colour is beautiful, and I look forward to your future progress!

Shellby
November 25th, 2010, 11:36 AM
GOR. GEOUS. I am so envious. I love the color and the shine. Awesome growth.

triumphator!
November 25th, 2010, 11:38 AM
All of the anguish you have experienced will culminate into gorgeous, long, fiery red hair that you won't mess up because you made all the mistakes upfront! Congrats on the growth, your hair is moving at a steady pace! :)

spidermom
November 25th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Way to go! Your hair looks healthy and beautiful.

little_cherry
November 25th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Wonderful picture timeline! :) My hair was at chin when I first joined LHC. I wish you a speedy hair growth journey!

nemileo
November 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I love your shine and color! Henna looks gorgeous on you! And I love your posts too, you seem like such a nice person:D

CrisDee
November 25th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Awww, thanks everybody! Henna and my hair really do like each other! :) Thanks for all the compliments, advice and encouragement along the way. :flower:

DecafJane
November 25th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful and you have had a good lot of growth over the past year. I can't wait to see where the next year takes you. :)

TinaDenali
November 25th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! Your growth rate is astounding! You'll be BSL next November!! :D

Xandergrammy
November 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
I think your hair is lovely and you are beautiful!! I look forward to watching your hair grow!

Hylia
November 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
wow, it looks so healthy.

christi.adell
November 25th, 2010, 05:00 PM
WOW. Just gorgeous! :)

Lianna
November 25th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Oh, I liked all the colors! :D It looks great, CrisDee. :flowers:

BeautifulBella
November 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I love your hair color & the pic with the layers is awesome!

little_acorn
November 25th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Happy anniversary :flower:

Great growth and blinding shine!

ericthegreat
November 25th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Your hair is growing back nicely! I love the bright orange shade you achieved with the henna............................normally orange means a haircolor disaster but with your features you pull it off really well!Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

princessp
November 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
Congratulations on one year your hair looks very healthy and you've made some good strides with length too!

Kome
November 25th, 2010, 08:18 PM
It may still feel short, but WOAH do you have some nice slick hair and shine. It'll be so healthy growing out. My hair is just past BSL now, but most of it is still fried hair with major split ends. You won't have to worry about that!

I think it looks great. It's going to be even more beautiful long. :)

whiteisle
November 25th, 2010, 09:25 PM
You've have some amazingly beautiful hair! The health literally shines through! :cheese: Good work!

Dragon
November 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Happy anniversary and congrats :)

Dragon
November 26th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Double post.

Loreley
November 26th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Happy anniversary! :flower:

rapunzhell13
November 26th, 2010, 01:05 AM
The colour you have now is PERFECT. Also, it is growing out so gracefully! (Unlike mine :o)

leslissocool
November 26th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Happy Anniversary! Oh my god, your hair is growing fast! :cheer: Don't worry, it looks amazing! If you continue like this, you's hair will be back to the pre-cut length in no time!

horseprincess
November 26th, 2010, 01:29 AM
Your hair looks really healthy and shiny! =]

yvsa
November 26th, 2010, 03:01 AM
Wow, you look fabulous. Good growing.:disco:

KittyLost
November 26th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Great progress! And amazing shine and colour, it looks fantastic.

RadiantNeedle
November 26th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny.. @___@

CrisDee
November 26th, 2010, 06:43 AM
Wow, everybody's so sweet! Thanks again for all the compliments!! I guess it has grown pretty fast - the back would be nearly APL if I hadn't had two radical mulletectomies along the way - but I'd be rocking in the corner of a nuthouse somewhere, had to preserve what's left of my sanity! :silly:

Again, I so appreciate everyone's willingness to share their helpful tips (as well as the things that haven't been so helpful!), and for all this wonderful encouragement. :flower:

aenflex
November 26th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Wow, very nice job! Gives Ex-pixie-cutters like me some extra inspiration~!