PDA

View Full Version : Protein treatments recipes???

BellCat
November 25th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I can't find any threads or articles with some protein treatment recipes, anyone got any good ones?

Evita
November 25th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I can't find any threads or articles with some protein treatment recipes, anyone got any good ones?

How about these :yumm:
Egg Protein Conditioner Recipe

Ingredients:

1 egg yolk

1/2 tsp olive oil

3/4 cup lukewarm water

Directions:

Beat egg yolk until it is thick and light colored. Add oil beat well. Slowly add and beat the water into the egg mixture. Pour mixture into a container. After shampooing, massage all conditioner into hair and leave on for a few minutes before thoroughly rinsing

Avocado Deep Conditioner Recipe

Ingredients:

1/2 cup mayo

1/2 avocado

Directions:

Peel avocado and remove pit. Mash avocado then mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl with your hands until it's a consistent green color. Smooth into hair. Use shower cap or plastic wrap to seal body heat in. Leave on hair for 20 minutes. For deeper conditioning wrap a hot, damp towel around your head over the plastic, or use a hair dryer set to a low to medium heat setting. Store extra in refrigerator.

kettle
November 25th, 2010, 07:43 AM
I just did a search for the one I learned when I first started on LHC, but can't find it anywhere... maybe it was lost on the old forum?

But I sometimes make what it essentially my own mayo. I use egg (sometimes two...), honey, a few tablespoons of lemon juice, a few of vinegar, and a dollop of olive oil. It's been so long since I started doing it, I'm afraid I can't remember in what proportions exactly all this should be, but I find just bunging it in seems to work fine.

Whisk and apply. Quite messy, and be sure to rinse out with cool water...

Otherwise, the much simpler egg-treatment I more often do, it simply to whisk an egg and add it to some conditioner with a little honey. Much easier to apply, and has some moisture too.

My hair loves protein treatments. I'll be trying the couple mentioned by Evita, too, when I next pop to the shops... :bluesmile

BellCat
November 25th, 2010, 08:52 AM
sounds nice and cheap!! :) thanks everyone