PDA

View Full Version : Hello From California!

Olyve
November 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I am very new to all the hair care and long hair stuff. I have always kept my hair shoulder length or shorter.

I am 25 and my last major hair cut was in March of 2009. I went from just below my shoulders to an inverted bob. I have since trimmed it and shaped it in Feb of this year . The last time I colored my hair was Oct 2009 so it's been dye free for a year. I decided I wanted to grow it out the end of last year and have done so.

I deal with oily at the scalp and dry ends which split from time to time. I wash every other day with head and shoulders - and am looking to stop using the stuff with chemicals.

I look forward to learning and making new friends.

Gumball
November 24th, 2010, 11:25 PM
Hello back from California! :waving:

luxepiggy
November 25th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Hi Olyve! I'm in California too (^(oo)^)/"

Olyve
November 25th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Hello ladies!
Thanks for the welcome.
I did my first CWC with no cones and I am loving it so far!

CurlyGirlCa
November 25th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Welcome - I'm in Cali too - I've been dye free since 3/10 - letting my gray grow in.

This site is a wealth of information.

Coconut and argan oil and shea butter are my friends.

Olyve
November 25th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I noticed my first gray at 22 and last year decided to embrace it. Just shows how much wisdom I have, right? :D

I am hoping to figure out what my hair likes as I know what it dislikes- cones and lots of protein. It needs to be healthy and long again! :eyebrows:

Gumball
November 25th, 2010, 11:12 PM
*cough* Ladies and gentleman you mean! :D I completely hear you on the protein dislike. Protein makes my hair really, really angry!

Olyve
November 26th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Yes, ladies and gentlemen :D
Sorry.

Gumball
November 26th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Hehe I fly just a little under the radar. Sneaky sneaky! I hope your new CWC routine keeps on paying you dividends! I'm still looking for the perfect routine myself. It's like roulette, but I haven't fully won anything yet.

Herb
November 26th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Northern or Southern California?

I hope you enjoy it here at LHC. :flower:

Olyve
November 26th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Thank you, Gumball. I am hoping to eventually go to CO. I woke up today and my hair does not look a hot mess! It usually is oily already just from 1 day of activity and sleeping. We shall see how long I can go without washing it :)

Hello Herb, I am in Central California.
Thank you, I enjoy it so far. I have spent the last 3 days reading until the screen is blurry. :o

littlestarface
November 28th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Thank you, Gumball. I am hoping to eventually go to CO. I woke up today and my hair does not look a hot mess! It usually is oily already just from 1 day of activity and sleeping. We shall see how long I can go without washing it :)

Hello Herb, I am in Central California.
Thank you, I enjoy it so far. I have spent the last 3 days reading until the screen is blurry. :o
Im from central california too :)